New TV - will it work in Aus?

Sadge

My TV has died and as I can't face the winter without my telly I will have to replace it.  I probably won't be moving now until after Christmas so a choice of nice new telly and take it with me or cheap one to tide me over for a few months.  Obviously I don't want to waste money so would rather take the first option if I knew without doubt that it would work.  

52 minutes ago, Sadge said:

My TV has died and as I can't face the winter without my telly I will have to replace it.  I probably won't be moving now until after Christmas so a choice of nice new telly and take it with me or cheap one to tide me over for a few months.  Obviously I don't want to waste money so would rather take the first option if I knew without doubt that it would work.  

Get a cheap basic TV with a good picture, and a little Amazon Fire stick or other android box that you can bring with you and connect to the internet.

You can bring both then just change the TV when you're over here if you need to.  I wouldn't bother with a Smart TV anymore, the android box will give you the same stuff and it'll be a better piece of kit than what's built into the Smart TV.  If you want to upgrade, you just upgrade the $100 box and not the whole TV.

Foxtel (Sky, Virgin etc..) will give you free to air channels piped through, so you're not reliant on the TV itself to decode Aussie audio.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Slean Wolfhead said:

Get a cheap basic TV with a good picture, and a little Amazon Fire stick or other android box that you can bring with you and connect to the internet.

You can bring both then just change the TV when you're over here if you need to.  I wouldn't bother with a Smart TV anymore, the android box will give you the same stuff and it'll be a better piece of kit than what's built into the Smart TV.  If you want to upgrade, you just upgrade the $100 box and not the whole TV.

Foxtel (Sky, Virgin etc..) will give you free to air channels piped through, so you're not reliant on the TV itself to decode Aussie audio.

Oh thank you for that info - I do like a budget solution!

• 2 weeks later...