Jump to content
Big bird 12

187 Visa Processing Time

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, DD in Oz said:

Hi Bishal911,

I just received my visa grant on 12 Dec 2018.

There are NIL conditions attached but if you are asking about the 2 years period, I believe it starts after the visa grant.

I asked my MA about it and this is his reply:

 

Thank you for your email. The visa comes with nil conditions. However, section 137Q of the Migration Act specifies that subclass 187 visa holders can have their visas cancelled if they don't make a genuine effort to remain with the employer for two years from the date of visa grant. The onus is on the employer to report any changes to the Department of Home Affairs. Each situation is analysed on a case by case basis. If the employer is willing to change your employment conditions then you may not be at risk of being reported to the Department. In any case, you would always have a right to show that you have tried to make a genuine effort.

 

Hope this helps. 🙂

Thanks mate  really appreciated 🤙🏻

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Pardeep08 said:

Congrats buddy, hope mine will soon Immigration called to my employer and ask about  my position , roles  and responsibilities, unfortunately my employer on holidays with family I don’t know what he has said ,all is well 

Hopefully you will get it soon 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 2016manager said:

Qld

 

Thanks dear.  Wish me luck .waiting in WA from Dec 17

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/12/2018 at 14:25, DD in Oz said:

Hi Diemlinh,

I think you may be asking about the different timeline for each stage?

Something like this perhaps?

However, please note that every case is unique and submitted differently. (Some submit RCB, Nomination and Visa application together whilst others submit separately.)

All of us end up with different processing time due to documents, LR/HR country, etc.

This serves as a guideline only but at least it gives us an idea of the different timeline in the various stages. The 21-22 months refer to the total time taken from the start of application to visa grant.

Hope this helps. All the best! 🙂

187 timeline.JPG

Yes, i think this is the one i saw long time ago, that’s why i have this question 👍🏻 

Also, can u let me know what is LR/HR country means? I did try to google it but couldn’t find any information and no one tell me about this.

thanks and best wishes for all of us 🤞🏻

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/12/2018 at 14:25, DD in Oz said:

Hi Diemlinh,

I think you may be asking about the different timeline for each stage?

Something like this perhaps?

However, please note that every case is unique and submitted differently. (Some submit RCB, Nomination and Visa application together whilst others submit separately.)

All of us end up with different processing time due to documents, LR/HR country, etc.

This serves as a guideline only but at least it gives us an idea of the different timeline in the various stages. The 21-22 months refer to the total time taken from the start of application to visa grant.

Hope this helps. All the best! 🙂

187 timeline.JPG

Yes, i think this is the one i saw long time ago, that’s why i have this question 👍🏻 

Also, can u let me know what is LR/HR country means? I did try to google it but couldn’t find any information and no one tell me about this.

thanks and best wishes for all of us 🤞🏻

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/12/2018 at 14:25, DD in Oz said:

Hi Diemlinh,

I think you may be asking about the different timeline for each stage?

Something like this perhaps?

However, please note that every case is unique and submitted differently. (Some submit RCB, Nomination and Visa application together whilst others submit separately.)

All of us end up with different processing time due to documents, LR/HR country, etc.

This serves as a guideline only but at least it gives us an idea of the different timeline in the various stages. The 21-22 months refer to the total time taken from the start of application to visa grant.

Hope this helps. All the best! 🙂

187 timeline.JPG

Yes, i think this is the one i saw long time ago, that’s why i have this question 👍🏻 

Also, can u let me know what is LR/HR country means? I did try to google it but couldn’t find any information and no one tell me about this.

thanks and best wishes for all of us 🤞🏻

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Diemlinh said:

Yes, i think this is the one i saw long time ago, that’s why i have this question 👍🏻 

Also, can u let me know what is LR/HR country means? I did try to google it but couldn’t find any information and no one tell me about this.

thanks and best wishes for all of us 🤞🏻

You will definitely find it if you google High risk/low risk countries 👍

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Diemlinh said:

Yes, i think this is the one i saw long time ago, that’s why i have this question 👍🏻 

Also, can u let me know what is LR/HR country means? I did try to google it but couldn’t find any information and no one tell me about this.

thanks and best wishes for all of us 🤞🏻

Hi Diemlinh,

Enclosed is a list of low risk countries, however; please check the DHA website again for any updates.

In general, the rule of thumb is - If your passport is ETA eligible (application for electronic visa), your country is considered Low Risk.

 

Andorra
Austria
Belgium
Brunei
Canada
Denmark
Finland
France
Germany
Greece
Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (SAR)
Iceland
Ireland
Italy
Japan
Liechtenstein
Luxembourg
Malaysia
Malta
Metropolitan Monaco
Norway
Portugal
San Marino
Singapore
South Korea
Spain
Sweden
Switzerland
Taiwan
The Caribbean
The Netherlands
United Kingdom (UK)
United States of America (USA)
Vatican City

 

Hope this helps! All the best! 🌟

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DD in Oz said:

Hi Diemlinh,

Enclosed is a list of low risk countries, however; please check the DHA website again for any updates.

In general, the rule of thumb is - If your passport is ETA eligible (application for electronic visa), your country is considered Low Risk.

 

Andorra
Austria
Belgium
Brunei
Canada
Denmark
Finland
France
Germany
Greece
Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (SAR)
Iceland
Ireland
Italy
Japan
Liechtenstein
Luxembourg
Malaysia
Malta
Metropolitan Monaco
Norway
Portugal
San Marino
Singapore
South Korea
Spain
Sweden
Switzerland
Taiwan
The Caribbean
The Netherlands
United Kingdom (UK)
United States of America (USA)
Vatican City

 

Hope this helps! All the best! 🌟

Thanks so much for the information. At first, i have no idea about what HR or LR stand for, so couldn’t find any on Google. 

Now, i can search more info. 

Merry Christmas 🎄 & Happy new year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Diemlinh said:

Thanks so much for the information. At first, i have no idea about what HR or LR stand for, so couldn’t find any on Google. 

Now, i can search more info. 

Merry Christmas 🎄 & Happy new year

You are most welcome, Diemlinh! 🙂

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you too! 🎊🎉

Stay positive and all the best! Cheers! 🌟

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everyone, I have a question about overtime rate. Im a fulltime chef and applied 187, I always work overtime. I have got paid as normal rate. Is it legal? Will it effect the visa? 

E.g., my contract is 40hours, I work 45hours then I have got paid 40+5, not 40+5*1.5. I also know some friends who work in the kitchen but they didn't get any overtime paid. But my agent says I should get 1.5 or 2 times rate according to the law. 

Anyone has same problem? TIA

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Diemlinh said:

Thanks so much for the information. At first, i have no idea about what HR or LR stand for, so couldn’t find any on Google. 

Now, i can search more info. 

Merry Christmas 🎄 & Happy new year

What about Pakistan, i placed electronic application for my 186 visa already.


Restaurant Manager (STSOL) (Grandfathered Arrangement)

Country: HR

Single Person

Nomination on 12th June 2018 and Visa on 13th June 2018 (186, TRT)

Nomination Approved: 6th February 2019

Documents requested: AFP and Medical on 5th August 2019

Documents submitted on 13th August 2019

Status: Finalized (Granted) on 20th August 2019

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Merry Christmas guys,
Those who are living in Australia any idea how long the immigration department will be closed for holidays because its not yet clear information

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/11/2018 at 15:53, Mc14 said:

What occupation ?

 

On 15/11/2018 at 15:59, Mc14 said:

That's very unusual. I would say contact your MA to contact department. Looks like kind of miscommunication. 

Must contact the departmnet .

Onshore or offshore?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cook187@22may2017 said:

Australian Department of Immigration and Border Protection:  25th December 2016, 26th December 2016, 1st January 2017.

 

Hi guys 

Does anyone knows abt questions they asked before nomination approval ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/12/2018 at 12:28, DD in Oz said:

Hi MilaMocha,

I believe the 2 year period starts from the date of visa grant, and not 2 years full time work for the nominated business (while we are on Bridging visa).

I started working full time for my employer (when I applied for 187 visa) in Jan 2018. I recently received my 187 visa grant on 12 Dec 2018 and despite working for the employer for the last 11 months, it is not taken into account for the 2 years period. I have spoken to my MA about this and he has advised me that the 2 years start only after the visa grant. 

For those of us who have received our 187 visas, I think it is a wiser decision to fulfil the 2 years period after the visa grant just in case. However, if you encounter a difficult or unique situation, do speak to a professional to consider your options.

 

 

This is the reply from my MA:

 

Thank you for your email. The visa comes with nil conditions. However, section 137Q of the Migration Act specifies that subclass 187 visa holders can have their visas cancelled if they don't make a genuine effort to remain with the employer for two years from the date of visa grant. The onus is on the employer to report any changes to the Department of Home Affairs. Each situation is analysed on a case by case basis. If the employer is willing to change your employment conditions then you may not be at risk of being reported to the Department. In any case, you would always have a right to show that you have tried to make a genuine effort.

 

I hope this helps.

To fellow 187 applicants who are still waiting for your visa, stay positive and happy! Do not let this consume you.

Enjoy the lovely sights of beautiful Australia! Wishing everyone an awesome 2019! 🙂

This is what i found:

There is no mention of "visa grant"

 

12 Where the visa holder commenced the employment referred to in the relevant employer nomination (whether or not within the prescribed period), the person’s regional sponsored employment visa may be cancelled under new subsection 137Q(2).  The Minister may only cancel a person’s visa under new subsection 137Q(2) if:

 

  • the Minister is satisfied that:

 

  • the person commenced the employment referred to in the relevant employer nomination; and
  • the employment terminated within the required employment period of 2 years starting on the day the person commenced that employment; and 

 

  • the person does not satisfy the Minister that he or she has made a genuine effort to be engaged in that employment for the required employment period. 
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, cavas85 said:

This is what i found:

There is no mention of "visa grant"

 

12 Where the visa holder commenced the employment referred to in the relevant employer nomination (whether or not within the prescribed period), the person’s regional sponsored employment visa may be cancelled under new subsection 137Q(2).  The Minister may only cancel a person’s visa under new subsection 137Q(2) if:

 

  • the Minister is satisfied that:

 

  • the person commenced the employment referred to in the relevant employer nomination; and
  • the employment terminated within the required employment period of 2 years starting on the day the person commenced that employment; and 

 

  • the person does not satisfy the Minister that he or she has made a genuine effort to be engaged in that employment for the required employment period. 

Hi cavas85,

This may be good news if there is no mention of "visa grant" for the 2 years period!😃

I guess, ultimately.. "To each their own".. we make our own decisions and I will follow the 2 years from visa grant just to err on the side of caution.

I wish everyone all the best! Happy 2019! 🌟

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03/12/2018 at 21:34, Peter Dutton said:

 

Hi mate , just read your post , have u received any reply yet ? And what sort of business sponsored you ? I am from fast food sector waiting on retail manager nomination approval? Is your one frenchisee? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Merry Christmas, may the glory of God bless each and every one of you and grant your heart desires.

  • Like 4

In God i trust. When he says yes, no one can say no.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rajat Babbar said:

Why is group soo quite today..
Hangover of Christmas or
Stress of 187 ?

Department make ous quite these days ...

Some are quitely  waiting past 23months ....

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×