187 Visa Processing Time

Big bird 12

Hi give some advice Our employer hasĀ applied 187 visa and nominationĀ January 2018 after two months we have found Applied different code and position. After that we rang up immi and told the situation and they said we have to send the email and we got reply they have fixed the problem and changes can access to Co.im still worries about that matter anyone has experience same situation please reply.

On 20/12/2018 at 22:06, Rajat Babbar said:

Only tomorrow is left before holidays.
Those who were hoping to get result soon specially those who have been allotted a case officer have to wait for atleast 15 days .
All the best guys. Now everyone will get PR in 2019.

Spoke with my MA they said department only close on public holiday 25,26 and 1 so guys keep checking your email you might get the golden mails.

• Like 1

On 01/11/2018 at 15:48, declanchou said:

Retail Manager RSMS 187

DE HR

2/2016 Nomination and Visa

11/2016 Nomination Refusal (Financial capability)

11/2016 Withdrawn Visa and AAT my nomination

3/2017 Nomination and Visa AGAIN (same company, same position)

5/2018 AAT SET ASIDE my old nomination, without asking a hearing, only requested latest financial information

8/2018 OLD nomination approved by the department, I withdrawn my visa before, so there is no visa attached on these old nomination

9/2018 The department decline my request for priorityĀ processing my current nomination and visa (my lawyer ask for combined process, due to the current and old nomination is identically same material, which old nomination have been already approved by the department.). However, the department still declined without reasons, attached a processing time links in the email.

10/2018 waiting... 19months for my new nomination and visa

Good Luck

21/12 Nomination Approved, Information Requested, AFP and Health Check

Best Christmas Gift Ever

• Like 1
  • Congratulations 1

I wanted to share wonderful newsĀ 

Yesterday my nomination got approved for restaurant managerĀ 

Asked for Afp and medicalĀ 

Its was a very bumpy ride

finally got this news after 30 months and 2 daysĀ 

Hopefully everyone gets their visa in 2019

May this new year brings happiness to all of ours lives..

Merry Christmas and Happy new year guys.

• Like 1
  • Congratulations 2

57 minutes ago, 2016manager said:

Congrats.Ā  Glad to know.Ā  Could u please share your state?

7 hours ago, 2016manager said:

Congrats buddy, hope mine will soon Immigration called to my employer andĀ ask about Ā my position , roles Ā andĀ responsibilities, unfortunately my employer on holidays with family I donā€™t know what he has said ,all is wellĀ 

On ā€Ž21ā€Ž/ā€Ž12ā€Ž/ā€Ž2018 at 13:04, MilaMocha said:

The 2 years begin when the 2 years begin, not after the grant. 2 years of full-time work for the nominated business at the nominated position it's what counts.Ā 

Hi MilaMocha,

I believe the 2 year period starts from the date of visa grant, and not 2 years full time work for the nominated business (while we are on Bridging visa).

I started working full time for my employer (when I applied for 187 visa) in Jan 2018. I recently received my 187 visa grant on 12 Dec 2018 and despite working for the employer for the last 11 months, it is not taken into account for the 2 years period. I have spoken to my MA about this and he has advised me that the 2 years start only after the visa grant.Ā 

For those of us who have received our 187 visas, I think it is a wiser decision to fulfil the 2 years period after the visa grant just in case. However, if you encounter a difficult or unique situation, do speak to a professional to consider your options.

Ā 

Ā 

This is the reply from my MA:

Ā 

Thank you for your email. The visa comes with nil conditions. However, section 137Q of the Migration Act specifies that subclass 187 visa holders can have their visas cancelled if they don't make a genuine effort to remain with the employer for two years from the date of visa grant. The onus is on the employer to report any changes to the Department of Home Affairs. Each situation is analysed on a case by case basis. If the employer is willing to change your employment conditions then you may not be at risk of being reported to the Department. In any case, you would always have a right to show that you have tried to make a genuine effort.

Ā 

I hope this helps.

To fellow 187 applicants who are still waiting for your visa, stay positive and happy! Do not let this consume you.

Enjoy the lovely sights of beautiful Australia! Wishing everyone an awesome 2019! šŸ™‚

• Like 4

On ā€Ž20ā€Ž/ā€Ž12ā€Ž/ā€Ž2018 at 22:19, Bishal911 said:

Anyone has recently granted 187 visa ? If you wonā€™t mind pleas let me know any condition attached it ?Ā 

Hi Bishal911,

I just received my visa grant on 12 Dec 2018.

There are NIL conditions attached but if you are asking about the 2 years period, I believe it starts after the visa grant.

I asked my MA about it and this is his reply:

Ā 

Thank you for your email. The visa comes with nil conditions. However, section 137Q of the Migration Act specifies that subclass 187 visa holders can have their visas cancelled if they don't make a genuine effort to remain with the employer for two years from the date of visa grant. The onus is on the employer to report any changes to the Department of Home Affairs. Each situation is analysed on a case by case basis. If the employer is willing to change your employment conditions then you may not be at risk of being reported to the Department. In any case, you would always have a right to show that you have tried to make a genuine effort.

Ā 

Hope this helps. šŸ™‚

• Like 1

On ā€Ž20ā€Ž/ā€Ž12ā€Ž/ā€Ž2018 at 00:27, Diemlinh said:

You misunderstand me. Iā€™m not comparingĀ everybodyā€™s cases.Ā 

i just wondering that is the processing time for nomination and the processing time for visa are the same? Or different?

Cause i read a post of a migration company said nomination take 10-14 months and visa take 21-22. But not sure is this correct or not

Hi Diemlinh,

I think you may be asking about the different timeline for each stage?

Something like this perhaps?

However, please note that every case is unique and submitted differently. (Some submit RCB, Nomination and Visa application together whilst others submit separately.)

All of us end up with different processing time due to documents, LR/HR country, etc.

This serves as a guideline only but at least it gives us an idea of the different timeline in the various stages. The 21-22 months refer to the total time taken from the start of application to visa grant.

Hope this helps. All the best! šŸ™‚

187 timeline.JPG

14 minutes ago, DD in Oz said:

Hi Bishal911,

I just received my visa grant on 12 Dec 2018.

There are NIL conditions attached but if you are asking about the 2 years period, I believe it starts after the visa grant.

I asked my MA about it and this is his reply:

Ā 

Ā 

Hope this helps. šŸ™‚

How lucky you're mate.

What's your timeline? TRT or DE?

1 minute ago, Kashif.Iqbal said:

How lucky you're mate.

What's your timeline? TRT or DE?

Thanks Kashif.Iqbal!

Yes I do consider myself very fortunate and count my lucky stars!Ā 

Ā 

I applied on 19 Jan 2018. DE - Childcare Educator, VIC

RCB, Nomination and Visa submitted - 19 Jan 2018

RCB approved - 15 May 2018

Nomination approved - 18 Oct 2018 (requested for AFP and work contract)

Documents submitted - 1 Nov 2018

Visa granted - 12 Dec 2018

Ā 

I wish you and all fellow 187 applicants all the best and hope everyone will get their visas soon! šŸ™‚

• Like 2
  • Congratulations 1

6 minutes ago, Rajat Babbar said:

Any idea how long is "further assessment" ?

Hi Rajat Babbar,

I am not sure about that, however based on the timeline for the different stages of application; it should be in the range of 2 to 4 months. (Some might get theirs earlier and others, later.)

Personally, it took about 6 weeks for my status to change from "further assessment" to "finalised".

All the best!Ā šŸŒŸ

• Like 1

12 hours ago, 2016manager said:

Congrats 2016manager!!Ā šŸŽ‰šŸŽŠ