187 Visa Processing Time

Big bird 12

8 minutes ago, Diemlinh said:

You misunderstand me. I’m not comparing everybody’s cases. 

i just wondering that is the processing time for nomination and the processing time for visa are the same? Or different?

Cause i read a post of a migration company said nomination take 10-14 months and visa take 21-22. But not sure is this correct or not

I didn’t miss understand you. I just answered in a different way. So, some people get both at the same time depends if they lodged at same time. Some people get nomination quickly and wait a bit longer for their visa which you said you read somewhere. Not 💯 sure if I’m right but that time frame 21-22 months applies to both nomination and visa application. I’m still waiting for my nomination to be approved  since feb 2017. Hope that helps 👍

• Thanks 1

On 18/12/2018 at 14:25, vikshrm said:

Hi friends

I have something to write

My Nomination is approved today after immi called me at work number and also called to my empolyer mob number and just  asked for medical and APC.

Timeline June 2017

Position Retail Manager

Nomination Approved today

State Tasmania

Glad to hear that congratulations dear. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, RazzArora said:

I didn’t miss understand you. I just answered in a different way. So, some people get both at the same time depends if they lodged at same time. Some people get nomination quickly and wait a bit longer for their visa which you said you read somewhere. Not 💯 sure if I’m right but that time frame 21-22 months applies to both nomination and visa application. I’m still waiting for my nomination to be approved  since feb 2017. Hope that helps 👍

Visa usually takes 1day to 3 months after nomination if they were both lodged at the same time..So the 21-22 months refers to the time to finalise your visa application not the nomination.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Diemlinh said:

Hi guys,

Is anyone know the processing time for nomination and visa are same or different?

i read a post online (cant remember where) said nomination take 10-14 months, and visa is now 21-22 months.

i think nomination is like 80% out of 100% to get approve

The post is correct to some extent. 21-22 months is the timeframe for 75% of visas to be finalised. Nomomation can come any time before then. In some cases visa and nomination are approved on the same day if they were lodged at the same time. At other times, visa may take 1-3 months after nomination and sometimes 6 months if the case is complex. Nomination is about 90%, because once you have the right qualification and pass medical and police checks you will sure get the visa after a successful nomination. I hope this helps.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Hello everyone, i need bit information about my case. Applied feb 2018 restaurant manager. And i am on currently 457 visa with same business. Is this will support my rsms application? 

Staff 7/8 

5 full time

only one sponsored just me.

turnover around 7,00,000

business 2 year old.

Thanks 

13 hours ago, Bishal911 said:

Anyone has recently granted 187 visa ? If you won’t mind pleas let me know any condition attached it ? 

to mine,  NO conditions what so ever. That's what confuses me about the 2-year condition. 

Every other visa has clearly visible "applicable"  condition written on the first page. However, on 187 visa approval/grant letter have no condition mentioned. I have checked Immi website and all the conditions written on immi website but can't clearly see any condition which specifically mentioned for 187. SO 😏

33 minutes ago, Deza said:

to mine,  NO conditions what so ever. That's what confuses me about the 2-year condition. 

Every other visa has clearly visible "applicable"  condition written on the first page. However, on 187 visa approval/grant letter have no condition mentioned. I have checked Immi website and all the conditions written on immi website but can't clearly see any condition which specifically mentioned for 187. SO 😏

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/regional-sponsor-migration-scheme-187/direct-entry-stream#AboutYour obligations

You and your family members must obey all Australian laws.

We expect that you will work for your nominating employer in regional Australia for at least 2 years. If you don't, we might cancel your visa.

You must begin your employment within 6 months of:

• entry to Australia if you were granted the visa outside Australia
  • the visa grant date if you were granted the visa in Australia

The 2 years begin after the visa granted, not before the grant. 

11 minutes ago, ring3018 said:

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/regional-sponsor-migration-scheme-187/direct-entry-stream#AboutYour obligations

You and your family members must obey all Australian laws.

We expect that you will work for your nominating employer in regional Australia for at least 2 years. If you don't, we might cancel your visa.

You must begin your employment within 6 months of:

• entry to Australia if you were granted the visa outside Australia
  • the visa grant date if you were granted the visa in Australia

The 2 years begin after the visa granted, not before the grant. 

The 2 years begin when the 2 years begin, not after the grant. 2 years of full-time work for the nominated business at the nominated position it's what counts. 

• Like 1

Hello everyone, i applied rsms direct entry in Nov 2017 and my 485 post study work visa is until July 2019. So that means my bringing visa will not start until July 2019. And I stopped my health  insurance after i got my medicare card. But few people say that we need to maintain our current visa conditions which is in my case is 485. I am in dilemma whether I should maintain private health insurance or medicare is fine? Please reply my query. Thank you so much.

3 minutes ago, Sharma99 said:

Hello everyone, i applied rsms direct entry in Nov 2017 and my 485 post study work visa is until July 2019. So that means my bringing visa will not start until July 2019. And I stopped my health  insurance after i got my medicare card. But few people say that we need to maintain our current visa conditions which is in my case is 485. I am in dilemma whether I should maintain private health insurance or medicare is fine? Please reply my query. Thank you so much.

Your bridging visa letter should answer all these questions and list the conditions...

22 minutes ago, Sharma99 said:

Hi.

I have same situation. My MA told me you can cancel your private health insurance if you want, but as I know Medicare don't cover all medical expenses even for Citizen, and if any thing happens to our application, we need to pay back to Government (Medicare) which we used, So its upto you if you wanted to maintain or not.But I'm sure its not compulsory to stick with private one because 485visa just require health insurance whichi is your Medicare.

However, I have same situation like you but I'm still paying for private health insurance as a safe side

I applied RSMS in Nov 2017 and my 485 will expire in June 2018

Edited by Saanu

17 minutes ago, Saanu said:

Hi.

I have same situation. My MA told me you can cancel your private health insurance if you want, but as I know Medicare don't cover all medical expenses even for Citizen, and if any thing happens to our application, we need to pay back to Government (Medicare) which we used, So its upto you if you wanted to maintain or not.But I'm sure its not compulsory to stick with private one because 485visa just require health insurance whichi is your Medicare.

However, I have same situation like you but I'm still paying for private health insurance as a safe side

I applied RSMS in Nov 2017 and my 485 will expire in June 2018

Thank you Saanu.Much appreciated.

3 hours ago, Deza said:

May be because we already start working before lodge the visa. Co can see how long we are working for so they didn’t put any condition on visa. I read on this blog some people have visa condition specially who applied from off shore but we shouldn’t take any risk at all . Pets lay I think we should work at least 1 years after visa granted and quit job on mutual undestnd with employer any and make any strong reason to quit the job to keep our side safe 

4 hours ago, MilaMocha said:

The 2 years begin when the 2 years begin, not after the grant. 2 years of full-time work for the nominated business at the nominated position it's what counts. 

No, you should better ask a registered migration agent or call the immigration. I did both. I worked 4 years full time, 2 years 485 and 2 years 457, nothing counts. 2 years is from the visa granted date. 

Edited by ring3018
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, ring3018 said:

No, you should better ask a registered migration agent or call the immigration. I did both. I worked 4 years full time, 2 years 485 and 2 years 457, nothing counts. 2 years is from the visa granted date. 

Even 2 years counted after lodge 187 visa (after receive bridging visa A onshore ) ,That 2 years not counted when  someone in  visa 457 or 485. so that 4 four years is not counted.Its clear.

But that two years maybe counted after lodging 187 visa.But someone says its counted after granting the PR.