187 Visa Processing Time

Big bird 12

9 hours ago, Kumar said:

Hi guys

Can anyone let me know how to add my newborn in the application.

I have applied for her Indian passport but still it gonna take time

Can we add even without her passport?

Is there any timeframe to notify to the immi department of the newborn, generally I heard that we need to inform with in 60 days,is that true?

Thanks

Hi;

I went through the process - you cant add another application without your child Passport. 

Its better to notify the department as soon as possible depending on your present visa condition. 

But trust me - dnt waste any time in this process otherwise you will face unnecessary headache.

Thanks

Does the office listed on the footer of your grant notice give you an indication on which processing centre has your application?

I'm in QLD but I got letter from NSW. 

EDIT: My previous WHV has ACT listed, I was in QLD when I applied. 

Capture.JPG

Edited by SineadK

39 minutes ago, SineadK said:

Does the office listed on the footer of your grant notice give you an indication on which processing centre has your application?

Capture.JPG

Same for me I m in qld as well

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Synergy22 said:

Honestly, i don't know why this visa is considered to be less important among other visas. Had i known, i would have tried some thing different. 

My MA said it has priority over any others right now.... I'm struggling to believe it!

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, SineadK said:

My MA said it has priority over any others right now.... I'm struggling to believe it!

That's fallacy. From the processing time will tell you every thing. Other visas processing time have dramatically dropped and i can tell you after march this year when they released new visa conditions, just few are applying for this visa at the moment because of the 3 years work experience requirement, still the processing time is on the high side. I wonder what will be the processing time for last month as there is no movement at all in this visa category. We don't even know the month they are processing. It appears that they were processing June and July 2017, all of a sudden, they jumped to November and moved to January and Feb 2018, now back to may and march 2017, its just confusing. 

16 minutes ago, SineadK said:

He may be talking about the proposal by the govt to increase regional visa intake but this have not yet manifested based on the number of regional visas granted specifically 187 visa. 

Edited by Synergy22

4 hours ago, SineadK said:

Capture.JPG

Yup, That's right. 

It does not matter where/which city you have applied application form. 

I applied from WA and my application was assessed in the Canberra office, Nomination received from QLD office and visa from NSW office. 

I asked my MA and he said basically once you submit an application, your file float in immi system and any case officer can pick your file from any office. Every time any case office ask for further documents they release file in the system. Whereas it used to be when one case officer picks your file he/she has to finalise it. But now its different. Why? because every case officer assesses each application/document from a different angle and different point of view.   That's why some people wait more; after nomination approval than others. 

Edited by Deza
  • Like 1

If you already got the 187 permanent resident visa granted, you are obliged for working 2 years full time with your employer after granted. However do anyone still working even you get abuse, not getting superannuation paid for the last 18month, never get paid overtime (10-15 hours easily every week) and day in lieu (still working on public holiday) is anyone able to tell me the way out? Cause this is so frustrating...

5 hours ago, Qudos said:

If you already got the 187 permanent resident visa granted, you are obliged for working 2 years full time with your employer after granted. However do anyone still working even you get abuse, not getting superannuation paid for the last 18month, never get paid overtime (10-15 hours easily every week) and day in lieu (still working on public holiday) is anyone able to tell me the way out? Cause this is so frustrating...

Should go to fair work 

Hi fellow 187 applicants,

I am new here and have just started reading this forum last week. I would like to share my timeline with you and hope it will help those in similar situations.

RCB, Nomination and 187 DE visa applied: 19 Jan 2018 (through MA)

RCB approved: May 2018 

Nomination approved : 18 Oct 2018 (DHA requested for work contract and AFP)

Documents submitted: 1 Nov 2018

Visa granted: 12 Dec 2018

No. of applicants: 4 (me, my spouse + 2 children)

Processing office: WA (as stated in the letter)

All the best to those waiting and don't give up your dreams of building a life here. Take good care and stay positive!! 🙂

"When the going gets tough, the tough gets going"

Compliments of the season and may everyone get their visas soon!!

Have an awesome 2019!! Cheers!! 🙂

• Like 4
  • Congratulations 3

Hi DD in Oz. That’s great news, my heartiest Congratulations! Just need to ask something the regulation for 187 visa changed in March 2018 where it states the applicant needs to have 3 years of working experience. Was this applicable in your case?

Thanks

29 minutes ago, Rbereba said:

Hi DD in Oz. That’s great news, my heartiest Congratulations! Just need to ask something the regulation for 187 visa changed in March 2018 where it states the applicant needs to have 3 years of working experience. Was this applicable in your case?

Thanks

Thanks so much, Rbereba! 🙂

My application was submitted on 19 Jan 2018, thus it was still under the old regulation. I was rushing to get it submitted before 1 March 2018 as I would have been ineligible under the new scheme. (I do not have 3 years experience post qualification).

Hope you will get your good news soon! All the best! 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DD in Oz said:

I am new here and have just started reading this forum last week. I would like to share my timeline with you and hope it will help those in similar situations.

All the best to those waiting and don't give up your dreams of building a life here. Take good care and stay positive!! 🙂

Many many congratulations dear🎉🎉🎉

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Qudos said:

Go to Fairwork. Join the union and claim your right.

10 hours ago, SineadK said:

On paper, it is the highest priority Visa. That is why almost any occupation is eligible, the English Language requirement is not so high and you can be on Bridging Visa A, B or C when you apply. However, the processing time and Refusal rate do not seem to tally with the high priority. I dont know why.

Edited by ACT June 2017
Wrong spelling

3 hours ago, DD in Oz said:

Congrats mate. You are very Lucky. I applied under same occupation in ACT in June 2017. My nomination was approved 1st November 2018 and since then no News.