187 Visa Processing Time

Big bird 12

20 hours ago, brarz said:

Hi dear, if your nomination has approved then don't worry you must call to immigration, coz I did after my nomination immigration requested some documents and for 2 month didn't heard any things then I decided to call them with confidence and next day early morning I got my permanent residency after Ten years!! So believe in yourself. Don't forget to call them early morning keep handy your all details

Hi Brarz,

Thank you for your reply. it gave me much needed reassurance. May I please ask what they said to you when you called them? were they of any help?

I called them first thing this morning and got the usual - your case is being looked at - you are withing the processing time frame - all applications are assessed on case by case basis etc etc etc.

No explanation to why there is such a significant delay.

Please share how your conversation went with the representative?

Thanks again 🙂

58 minutes ago, Lovi said:

Hi Everyone, hope you guys having a good day.

just have a question if you guys can share your experience.

i applied as office manager in March 2017 haven’t got any news yet. It already been nearly 22 months. 

I am on bridging visa A and i want to go to India on bridging visa B. Because of family problem. 

What would you guys suggest, should I go or not? Or should I wait for decision? Will it be safe if I go overseas and suppose if they reject the file would I be able to comeback to Australi?

thanks to all of you if guys can give any ideas that will be really helpful.

You may not be able to lodge an appeal if your application is refused when you are offshore. That is the only risk.

Just now, ACT June 2017 said:

You may not be able to lodge an appeal if your application is refused when you are offshore. That is the only risk.

I am new to this forum.

My timeline is 

Rcb lodged november 2017.

Rcb approved January 2018

Nomination and visa lodged June 1st 2017. All documents including Medicals submitted. 

Nomination approved November 1st 2018. No doc was requested.

State: ACT

187 Direct entry.

My question is: Is it usual for Immi not to open Visa file one month after nomination approval? They also did not request any doc. My medicals and PCC were done in June 2017.

3 hours ago, Lovi said:

i applied as office manager in March 2017 haven’t got any news yet. It already been nearly 22 months. 

I am on bridging visa A and i want to go to India on bridging visa B. Because of family problem. 

What would you guys suggest, should I go or not? Or should I wait for decision? Will it be safe if I go overseas and suppose if they reject the file would I be able to comeback to Australi?

I would say wait for the outcome bro, you are almost there. Because god, forbid if they don't approve the visa you can still lodge AAT and remain here and if you ll be in india then it ll be hard to come back.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Lovi said:

There shouldn't be any problem. one of my friend went on a bridging visa after his visa was refused. Its better not to go, however, it depends on circumstances, how urgently you want to go and etc. But there will be no problem.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MSingh said:

I would say wait for the outcome bro, you are almost there. Because god, forbid if they don't approve the visa you can still lodge AAT and remain here and if you ll be in india then it ll be hard to come back.

No mate you have to apply  Bridging visa B when you travel once you are in Overseas PR application is not processing. Before finished Bridging B you should come back to Ausi.Once you landed to  then start to processing your application. But my advice is Try to stay here once finalise your Application.

59 minutes ago, Raheem said:

Hello everyone 

rcb n nomination Sep 2017 

nomination approved Nov 2018 

restaurant manager 

pcc medical form 80 required 

when can I expect my visa 

thanks

When did you submit requested documents. Visa is usually finalised 4-8 weeks from date of nomination if requested docs are submitted on time.

22 minutes ago, ACT June 2017 said:

Has anyone had nomination approved without request for more documents even when medicals and pcc are expired (about 18 months). Its more than 4 weeks since my nomination approval and no news or request for docs.

Nomination approved on 26 Oct. Visa application was opened and only APF clearance was requested.

All documents were submitted on 26 November. No news yet.

1 hour ago, Gary Leigh said:

Nomination approved on 26 Oct. Visa application was opened and only APF clearance was requested.

All documents were submitted on 26 November. No news yet.

Hi Gary, Did they open you visa file same day? When did you complete your medicals and when was your nomination and visa lodged. Timeline please.

On 01/12/2018 at 08:16, ACT June 2017 said:

Hi Gary, Did they open you visa file same day? When did you complete your medicals and when was your nomination and visa lodged. Timeline please.

I lodged both applications late Feb 2018. RCB was approved in Mar. I just completed the medical exams early November when I got the nomination approval.

VIC DE, Land surveyor.