187 Visa Processing Time

Big bird 12

Hi friends...

I am planning to apply for 489 in QLD. I have 65 points without the points of english test. I am taking an english test soon.  But if we get 7 and score the 10 points I would get 75 points in total. If we get more points than the required points do we get any priority when they take the file??

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, anandjose90 said:

Hi friends...

I am planning to apply for 489 in QLD. I have 65 points without the points of english test. I am taking an english test soon.  But if we get 7 and score the 10 points I would get 75 points in total. If we get more points than the required points do we get any priority when they take the file??

Which states you are living? 

53 minutes ago, Paniki2018 said:

Hi Everybody,

just a quick question do you need a skill assessment to apply for 187 visa? One of my friends got his visa without it but I’m confused please enlighten me with this thanks in advance who is answering.

btw position chef lovation tasmania

Regional Sponsor Migration Scheme visa (subclass 187)

Direct entry stream

This visa lets skilled workers, who are nominated by an employer, live and work in Australia permanently.

Apply for this stream if you don't meet the criteria for the Temporary Residence Transition (TRT) stream. For this visa:

You must be nominated by an Australian employer

You will work for your nominating employer in regional Australia

Your occupation must be on the relevant list of eligible skilled occupations

You must have at least Competent English

1 hour ago, Paniki2018 said:

Hi Everybody,

just a quick question do you need a skill assessment to apply for 187 visa? One of my friends got his visa without it but I’m confused please enlighten me with this thanks in advance who is answering.

btw position chef lovation tasmania

Yes my friend. ..you need to have positive skill assessment and 3 yrs of full time experience also 6 in each bands.....government changed law this year on 1st of march.... to clarify that you can visit homeaffairs website....speak to a professional migration agent....thats the best thing to do rather than asking people like al of us...i read that info another day on immigration website..good luck 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, anandjose90 said:

qld

You might be ok if you are working in qld from last  one year in your occupation, for  eligibility  to apply. if you graduate there you only need 65 points including 10 points from state please find qld occupation list in google,they are mentioning everything.whats your occupation? 

2 hours ago, Toots said:

Regional Sponsor Migration Scheme visa (subclass 187)

Direct entry stream

This visa lets skilled workers, who are nominated by an employer, live and work in Australia permanently.

Apply for this stream if you don't meet the criteria for the Temporary Residence Transition (TRT) stream. For this visa:

You must be nominated by an Australian employer

You will work for your nominating employer in regional Australia

Your occupation must be on the relevant list of eligible skilled occupations

You must have at least Competent English

Hi Toots,

So i dont need Skill Assessment for direct entry? i have 4 years full time Experienced and had a Australian Qualification

Thanks

Visa and nomination applied April 2017. Nomination  approved on 21st November 2018. 

Everything is updated except our medicals.

So far immi hasn't sent any email requesting for anything. Even immi account status for visa application is still received. It hasn't changed yet.

hopefully this is normal . Anyone else had such experience?