187 Visa Processing Time

Big bird 12

Just a thought.

Guys if you notice it is not only 24 months.
Approx every one has to give 2-3 ielts which cost 1 year.

Then ad in newspaper 2 months wasted then rcb 3-4 months then 1-2 months other planning then 24 months ..

life change soo much in this time and so does individual circumstances.

Still no one knows what will happen.

Press like if you agree.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Rajat Babbar said:

Just a thought.

Guys if you notice it is not only 24 months.
Approx every one has to give 2-3 ielts which cost 1 year.

Then ad in newspaper 2 months wasted then rcb 3-4 months then 1-2 months other planning then 24 months ..

life change soo much in this time and so does individual circumstances.

Still no one knows what will happen.

Press like if you agree.

15 days forĀ Pte and 10 days for my rcb but I agree with the rest

Hi guys Ā 
Visa and nomination applied in mid of June 2016 for restaurant manager and got nomination approval on 18 May 2018 and immi asked for medical then submitted on 23 May 2018 from that time more than 2 months has gone still waiting for my golden Email Ā very stressed about what's happeningļ»æļ»æļ»æĀ 
Anybody got same situation or any idea how much time will they take to grant pr Please let me know Ā 
Thanx guys and best of luck to everyone
  • Like 1

Does anyone know who is best to speak to, in terms of our rights? After almost 2 years working with my employer, myĀ hours may be getting cut againĀ and another employee has been given more hours and a pay rise after only being here for 6 months. This was also done on the basis I will be going on maternity leave in 5 months. Do I have any leg to stand on or is it the same as usual, we just shut up and take it?!Ā 

I thought we were meant to be treated as equal to an Aussie employee, let alone that I'm sure I can't be discriminated against because I'm pregnant? I'm at my wits end with all this. Working my ass off for 2 years and paying all this for a Visa when I'm treated like half a worker.Ā 

48 minutes ago, Hayley1376 said:

Does anyone know who is best to speak to, in terms of our rights? After almost 2 years working with my employer, myĀ hours may be getting cut againĀ and another employee has been given more hours and a pay rise after only being here for 6 months. This was also done on the basis I will be going on maternity leave in 5 months. Do I have any leg to stand on or is it the same as usual, we just shut up and take it?!Ā 

I thought we were meant to be treated as equal to an Aussie employee, let alone that I'm sure I can't be discriminated against because I'm pregnant? I'm at my wits end with all this. Working my ass off for 2 years and paying all this for a Visa when I'm treated like half a worker.Ā 

Hi Hayley,

There is the fair work you can speak to, but before you do so, you will be best to speak to aĀ migration solicitorĀ at first as they can give youĀ professional adviceĀ on what to do or not and make sure your visa isnt at risk.Ā Ā 

Stay strong and think of the beautiful future you will give to your baby!Ā 

1 minute ago, Iloveaus said:

Hi Hayley,

There is the fair work you can speak to, but before you do so, you will be best to speak to aĀ migration solicitorĀ at first as they can give youĀ professional adviceĀ on what to do or not and make sure your visa isnt at risk.Ā Ā 

Stay strong and think of the beautiful future you will give to your baby!Ā 

Thank you mate, appreciate it!Ā 

Every time I speak with my MA, I get more and more confused about the 187 obligations, restrictions etc! Perhaps I will email again and ask what hours I am meant to be getting because last time I was told that while the Visa is processing, I don't technically even have to work for my employer! All these technicalities are confusing!Ā 

I have emailed fair work too, I will keep you all updated with what I find out, in case anyone is in a similar situation.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hayley1376 said:

Every time I speak with my MA, I get more and more confused about the 187 obligations, restrictions etc! Perhaps I will email again and ask what hours I am meant to be getting because last time I was told that while the Visa is processing, I don't technically even have to work for my employer! All these technicalities are confusing!Ā 

I have emailed fair work too, I will keep you all updated with what I find out, in case anyone is in a similar situation.

Hi Hayley,

No worries! Below are my advice to you:

- You arent in the obligation to start work while on your bridging visa but note that if you dont, immigration mayĀ be wondering " that your companyĀ dont really need you"

- My advice is to work full time before visa granted to make sure you can get it, and if after visa granted the employer is still not giving you enough hours (though you should push for being full time), then thats his issues not yours, as he isnt fulfilling his commitments.

- Dont get in touch as of yet with fair work if your visa hasnt been granted yet, as immigration says that "you have the option to withdraw your application"...

I dont know much about legal advice for 187 but I know we have some rights and if you are facing some discrimination, Fair Work should be your first call!Ā 

3 minutes ago, Iloveaus said:

Hi Hayley,

No worries! Below are my advice to you:

- You arent in the obligation to start work while on your bridging visa but note that if you dont, immigration mayĀ be wondering " that your companyĀ dont really need you"

- My advice is to work full time before visa granted to make sure you can get it, and if after visa granted the employer is still not giving you enough hours (though you should push for being full time), then thats his issues not yours, as he isnt fulfilling his commitments.

- Dont get in touch as of yet with fair work if your visa hasnt been granted yet, as immigration says that "you have the option to withdraw your application"...

I dont know much about legal advice for 187 but I know we have some rights and if you are facing some discrimination, Fair Work should be your first call!Ā 

My worry is will my Visa get denied on the basis my employer isn't giving me the hours I need, or was promised, for it?? Although there is the work here, they're just giving a new employee more hours on the basis of me eventually going on maternity leave.

I have been working for my employer for 2 years next month, I don't know how much more I can take but will not leave because I want my Visa so badly!

15 minutes ago, Hayley1376 said:

My worry is will my Visa get denied on the basis my employer isn't giving me the hours I need, or was promised, for it?? Although there is the work here, they're just giving a new employee more hours on the basis of me eventually going on maternity leave.

I have been working for my employer for 2 years next month, I don't know how much more I can take but will not leave because I want my Visa so badly!

I understand your worry and to be honest it will be better to show to Immi that you are full time as of now but if you cant get it, remember that it is not an obligation while on bridging visa. Stay positive, he has signed your visa formĀ on your application in which your employer has committed to give you work as a full time person for 2 years.. so dont worry for now, the commitment starts after visa is being granted.. and that will be on him not on you, as you are doing things clearly the right way here.. and am sure thats something you can justify as you are pregnant and maybe there is only so much you can handle at the moment.. (you could still argue that your employerĀ has brought a person to replace during the maternity leave)Ā 

Hang on girl! You are almost there!Ā 

Immi will be processing 2017 files very soon am sure ??

Edited by Iloveaus
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Hayley1376 said:

I know that feel mate. Don't worry. After you get the PR then after a period you can revenge. Maybe you can contact a lawyer and show that your boss did some discrimination things, then you can leave earlier (because you have genuine effort to stay for 2 years). But just my opinion, not a professional one. You can do many things, as savage as you can. I hate my boss AF now but I will do what I need to do after I get what I should get.

Edited by CarmenChung
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Sidd1 said:
Hi guys Ā 
Visa and nomination applied in mid of June 2016 for restaurant manager and got nomination approval on 18 May 2018 and immi asked for medical then submitted on 23 May 2018 from that time more than 2 months has gone still waiting for my golden Email Ā very stressed about what's happeningļ»æļ»æļ»æĀ 
Anybody got same situation or any idea how much time will they take to grant pr Please let me know Ā 
Thanx guys and best of luck to everyone

Hi I m in same case like you nomination approved in February 2017 still waiting for golden emailĀ 

Hi friends,

I lodged my file in feb 2018 as restaurant manager in Sunshine Coast, and I am currently working full time in Brisbane with another employer. My sponsoring employer wants me to work in Sunshine Coast for few hours a week, amĀ Ā I allowed to work part-timeĀ as restaurant manager as well?Ā 

Hi Everyone :

RCB Granted on:Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā JANĀ 2017

Nomination Applied onĀ  Ā  Feb:Ā  2017Ā 

Visa Applied on:Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā April 2017

State:Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā NT

Is anyone hanging around same date ??

Hi Everyone :

Bro Nomi visa both applied in jan 2017
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Sam000 said:

Hi Everyone :

Visa and nomi applied since dec 2016

• Like 1

23 hours ago, SSinghV said:

Hi friends,

I lodged my file in feb 2018 as restaurant manager in Sunshine Coast, and I am currently working full time in Brisbane with another employer. My sponsoring employer wants me to work in Sunshine Coast for few hours a week, amĀ Ā I allowed to work part-timeĀ as restaurant manager as well?Ā 

Yes because technically you can do as you please until the visa has been approved.... the 2 years begin after the grant. What we are doing right now is not affecting our visa - sadly! :*(

2 hours ago, SineadK said:

Yes because technically you can do as you please until the visa has been approved.... the 2 years begin after the grant. What we are doing right now is not affecting our visa - sadly! :*(

Iā€™d say it is.

If you work full-time with the sponsoring business you are showing they really need you (position is existant and they can afford to pay you)Ā and your chances are much better than being employed elsewhere.

Also is better for you to start working there full-time (contracted) as it will count towards the 2 obligatory years.

Good luck.

Ā 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, MilaMocha said:

Iā€™d say it is.

If you work full-time with the sponsoring business you are showing they really need you (position is existant and they can afford to pay you)Ā and your chances are much better than being employed elsewhere.

Also is better for you to start working there full-time (contracted) as it will count towards the 2 obligatory years.

Good luck.

Ā 

Yeah but if you read the initial message...... theĀ additional work is with his sponsoring employer, the person in question still working full time for another employer! It does not count towards the two years in any way.Ā 

Edited by SineadK
mispell
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, SineadK said:

Yeah but if you read the initial message...... theĀ additional work is with his sponsoring employer, the person in question still working full time for another employer! It does not count towards the two years in any way.Ā 

How about you read my reply again.