187 Visa Processing Time

Big bird 12

21 hours ago, lomous said:

Thats good news after 24 months wait.I wish for ur visa approval soon @Deza n  @SianChloe.As a fellow applicant i still got couple of months to wait.Would u plz share what sort of docs u will be providing deza ?Oh lord this time is killing me as i applied offshore its pretty rough time going through.

Hi Lomous, they asked for Org chart, current Job Description and Building lease agreement. that's it. 

1 hour ago, Deza said:

Hi Lomous, they asked for Org chart, current Job Description and Building lease agreement. that's it. 

May be i guess u haven't uploaded those when aplying for a visa.Anyway, it seems its on the way already

My life story

Early June 2016 nomination & 187 rsms visa applied as a cook from student visa & provide decision ready application with medicals, police clearance & AFP.

Also include my overseas spouse in application as well with all the supporting documents marriage certificate medical, police clearance.

student visa expired in july 2016, bridging visa A kicks on

August 2016 applied for bridging visa B to travel overseas for one month

Aftet coming back every single day hoping that today is my day and file will open today or tomarrow because processing times thoes days are 6 to 8 months which is slowely moved to 24 month

As I was applied RSMS direct entry from student visa so my lawyer advise me unless you are granted any further visa you have to follow same visa conditions as you are following from previous visa, No more work than 20 hours per week.

After waiting 18 months again applied bridging visa B second time to travel overseas last december.

I also want to mention that our lawyer advice us to keep update every single BAS through out the application & we did.

finally late march file opend and case officer ask for documents like business tax return for 2017 & 2018 lodge with ATO, Balance sheet, Profit & loss and for visa me and my spouse’s medical, AFP & police clearences 

All were provided in april and nomination granted in april

Again we are hoping that as visa & nomination lodge togater both will granted together but PR granted after 62 days of nomination approval, Overall 25 moths from date of lodgment.

THANKS ALL this forum is great help through out thOSE 25 moths.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, joni said:

My life story

Early June 2016 nomination & 187 rsms visa applied as a cook from student visa & provide decision ready application with medicals, police clearance & AFP.

Also include my overseas spouse in application as well with all the supporting documents marriage certificate medical, police clearance.

student visa expired in july 2016, bridging visa A kicks on

August 2016 applied for bridging visa B to travel overseas for one month

Aftet coming back every single day hoping that today is my day and file will open today or tomarrow because processing times thoes days are 6 to 8 months which is slowely moved to 24 month

As I was applied RSMS direct entry from student visa so my lawyer advise me unless you are granted any further visa you have to follow same visa conditions as you are following from previous visa, No more work than 20 hours per week.

After waiting 18 months again applied bridging visa B second time to travel overseas last december.

I also want to mention that our lawyer advice us to keep update every single BAS through out the application & we did.

finally late march file opend and case officer ask for documents like business tax return for 2017 & 2018 lodge with ATO, Balance sheet, Profit & loss and for visa me and my spouse’s medical, AFP & police clearences 

All were provided in april and nomination granted in april

Again we are hoping that as visa & nomination lodge togater both will granted together but PR granted after 62 days of nomination approval, Overall 25 moths from date of lodgment.

THANKS ALL this forum is great help through out thOSE 25 moths.

What a nightmare! Congratulations on your approval!

11 hours ago, Iloveaus said:

scary yes, 

taken from the news:

" For example, in north-western NSW there are “lots and lots of people” working illegally – people on tourist visas working in the agricultural industry, even in local Chinese restaurants, he explained. We are selling access to people who shouldn’t be here by not spending money and resources, time and effort on fine-tuning these schemes to ensure only the best people come here."

this make me upset, people come here do whatever they want and they get the chance,  and here we are hard working people doing the right thing yet we get refusals or have two wait over 18 months to get an answer this doesn't make any sense to me ?

• Sad 1

Hi everyone,

I have been following this for the past 2 months now, my timeline is as follows applied for RSMS 187 in July 2017 following the end of my 457, application was approved 1st August, then in September 2017 the RCB was approved, all documents were uploaded at the time to make sure everything was there for the case officer. I haven’t heard a thing about the visa. I have 5 friends that have applied on 186 all between September and August 2017  and all visa’s granted within 5 months. I don’t see why this visa is pushed out so far too 24 months. With the amount of people on this forum alone you would think if we all sent an email or rang constantly every day it would annoy the department enough to possibly spending more time approving people waiting 2 years which is completely unfair.

It would be interesting to hear what everyone’s opinions are because of nothing is done nothing will change!!!

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Unknown name said:

Hi everyone,

I have been following this for the past 2 months now, my timeline is as follows applied for RSMS 187 in July 2017 following the end of my 457, application was approved 1st August, then in September 2017 the RCB was approved, all documents were uploaded at the time to make sure everything was there for the case officer. I haven’t heard a thing about the visa. I have 5 friends that have applied on 186 all between September and August 2017  and all visa’s granted within 5 months. I don’t see why this visa is pushed out so far too 24 months. With the amount of people on this forum alone you would think if we all sent an email or rang constantly every day it would annoy the department enough to possibly spending more time approving people waiting 2 years which is completely unfair.

It would be interesting to hear what everyone’s opinions are because of nothing is done nothing will change!!!

I am agree with you . I have a same situation. I applied my visa and nomination in aug 2017 no news so far. I am so disappointed that why Immigration processing 186 visa within 12 months.

Just now, Gunn said:

I got my PR  today as chef in DE applied in October 2016

file opened in may 25 and requested some documents.

documents submitted on 22 June 

and today I got my golden mail of PR . 

Congratulations. May I ask what do they request? 

2 hours ago, Unknown name said:

Hi everyone,

I also applied in july 2017 for visa and nomination and RCB applied in november 2017 ... Still waiting .. Nothing is approved so far 

Guys, one of my friends and 2 of his colleagues got refused for Chef because the restaurant closed.

He applied nomination and visa on 11/2017, the restaurant is going one of this chain?

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/jamie-olivers-australian-restaurant-group-has-collapsed-2018-4

That is so quick I guess they will put all our documents into a corner and wait until this happened. 

1 hour ago, Gunn said:

I got my PR  today as chef in DE applied in October 2016

file opened in may 25 and requested some documents.

documents submitted on 22 June 

and today I got my golden mail of PR . 

many many congrats. can i ask when did you applied RCB AND NOMINATION AND VISA.

I GOT MY NOMINATION APPROVED IN 11 MONTHS  ON 1 FEB 2018 AND APPLIED MY VISA ON 25 FEB 2018 BUT I HAVE NOT ANY REPLY YET. WAITING AND FRUSTRATING

On 25/06/2018 at 07:10, Deza said:

My file opened on 13 June 2018 as an office manager as well. Requested a few docs relating to position. 

applied on 3 june 2016 

Congrats. I applied around the time frame, restaurant m. though. 

Fingers XX

5 hours ago, sirat2011 said:

I GOT MY NOMINATION APPROVED IN 11 MONTHS  ON 1 FEB 2018 AND APPLIED MY VISA ON 25 FEB 2018 BUT I HAVE NOT ANY REPLY YET. WAITING AND FRUSTRATING

I put everything together in oct 2016

On 26/06/2018 at 15:22, lomous said:

May be i guess u haven't uploaded those when aplying for a visa.Anyway, it seems its on the way already

i have uploaded that when i applied, but now they are asking for fresh org chart and job description. Sorry didn't get it "it seems its on the way already"?

14 hours ago, sirat2011 said:

Since oct 16 I haven’t heared anything 25 may got mail they want documents after submitting got visa granted nothing seperate with nomination

Hi everyone! 

I was just wondering if a company has sponsored 2 employees on RSMS 187 visa (DE) but they applied at different times, say 3 - 6 months apart. Is it possible that both employees will receive their nomination at the same time?