187 Visa Processing Time

Big bird 12

I don't understand why can't they process files in chronological order! If they find some file suspicious/high risk, why don't they refuse them faster? Much better than letting someone wait for 2 years then refusing them. ?
Finger crossed for everyone! Hopefully it will get faster soon because very few can lodge after March. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, CarmenChung said:

I don't understand why can't they process files in chronological order! If they find some file suspicious/high risk, why don't they refuse them faster? Much better than letting someone wait for 2 years then refusing them. ?
Finger crossed for everyone! Hopefully it will get faster soon because very few can lodge after March. 

That's not how it works :)
Once they open the file (regardless how 'suspicious' or 'high risk' it is) they can request further documents if needed and then resolve it within 28 days. In some cases it can take another 28 days for the final resolution. So it's the opening of the case that takes long, not the decision itself once it's open. Once it's open they are pretty quick at approving and refusing. 

The processing time was yet again extended today, we can only hope it was done for the last time.

Try not to fall into 'waiting' mode but instead live your life in the moment and enjoy every day of it. Overthinking and stressing wont make your file open faster, or get a positive outcome. Everything is in the mind really so just set your mind to think positive and to deal with the things as they come. We only live once.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Parkesy said:

It will change every month unfortunately. See 186 thread.

If that's the case (the numbers were changed based on previous month processing time - factual), they could as well drop. Could have been a difficult month as in too many not decision-ready applications, the CO waiting for additional documents for too long, other issues with the applications, etc. Will see.

18 minutes ago, MilaMocha said:

If that's the case (the numbers were changed based on previous month processing time - factual), they could as well drop. Could have been a difficult month as in too many not decision-ready applications, the CO waiting for additional documents for too long, other issues with the applications, etc. Will see.

Yeah I agree. I wasnt saying it will increase as per my original post (factual).

It’s ridiculous the money we pay for the department increased up to 300% compared to the years before (not including the medical, police check, the continuous regulation changes so we need migration agents to keep up).

Then they fired half of the staffs in the department even though they increase the visa fee every year.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Parkesy said:

I sort of agree with this to be honest. Regional means regional otherwise its pointlesss! 

Some of the regional towns are very nice and could offer a good standard of living (IF you have a job there) compared to the large cities.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Toots said:

Some of the regional towns are very nice and could offer a good standard of living (IF you have a job there) compared to the large cities.

Absolutely! Thinking about it myself. I guess the whole point of the regional visa is to grow the economy in those areas. More people and therefore more investment and job creation. Its a good thing.

• Like 2

hi all! I got an important question: I have applied for the 187 visa through a MA, I have an application ID, but after asking him how I could check my application he replied only he could do that through the immi account, that I had given him the power to do so (true of course), but can I also check my immi account? can you guys check your immi account even if you have applied through a MA? 

thanks!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Garry-88 said:

AF89098C-0709-47A4-A595-FA613D38E8FD.png

Well he can’t say that 7000 in 190,000.

190,000 is the numbers combined partner visa, skilled migration, employer sponsored etc... 189, partner visa can basically live anywhere. 489,190 can live depend on their state sponsored but even so, they can live in Melbourne or Sydney as well.

In 2017-2018, the actual number of pp get approved for 186-187 is only 25,000-35,000. But you can work in big cities with 186 and 187 employer sponsored is only 10,000-15,000. So in my opinion, 7,000 is kind of acceptable.

22 minutes ago, markix said:

hi all! I got an important question: I have applied for the 187 visa through a MA, I have an application ID, but after asking him how I could check my application he replied only he could do that through the immi account, that I had given him the power to do so (true of course), but can I also check my immi account? can you guys check your immi account even if you have applied through a MA? 

thanks!

Yes you need the transaction ID NUMBER

51 minutes ago, ring3018 said:

Well he can’t say that 7000 in 190,000.

190,000 is the numbers combined partner visa, skilled migration, employer sponsored etc... 189, partner visa can basically live anywhere. 489,190 can live depend on their state sponsored but even so, they can live in Melbourne or Sydney as well.

In 2017-2018, the actual number of pp get approved for 186-187 is only 25,000-35,000. But you can work in big cities with 186 and 187 employer sponsored is only 10,000-15,000. So in my opinion, 7,000 is kind of acceptable.

Agreed but he didn't say 186/187 only did he.

They could change the whole visa system for all we know to be more strategic. It probably needs it if im honest.

Just now, Parkesy said:

Agreed but he didn't say 186/187 only did he.

They could change the whole visa system for all we know to be more strategic. It probably needs it if im honest.

He didn't say so that is why it is misleading as it is mention the people who lives in regional area highlighted.

1 hour ago, markix said:

thanks!

https://online.immi.gov.au/lusc/register

On 15/05/2018 at 00:07, CarmenChung said:

Wow congrats! If I have to wait 13 months that means I only have 9 months to go!

btw any massage therapist here? So far I just met one massage therapist in this forum......?

Hi, Carmen

Here is another remedial massage theraphist??

Waited from June 2017 nom and visa applied together   187DE  QLD

Hope we will get the good news very soon

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, PR very soon said:

Hi, Carmen

Here is another remedial massage theraphist??

Waited from June 2017 nom and visa applied together   187DE  QLD

Hope we will get the good news very soon

I think yours will be very fast! Good luck! Btw nice to meet you?