187 Visa Processing Time

Big bird 12

57 minutes ago, Kaaaaatttt said:

Hi,

I applied for 187 visa last March for a full time cook position. 

The business is slowing down and I'm not getting the required 38 hours per week. Sometimes I only get to work for 15hrs/week.

I messaged my MA regarding this matter and she said, under the current law, my employer is required to provide full-time employment in the nominated position for the next two years UPON VISA GRANT.

Will this affect my nomination?

Unfortunately, if you cannot prove that you are working full-time for your employer, this can effect your Visa.

Your employer sponsored you and signed a lot paperworks saying that he/she needs full-time cook,  paying you At least a minimum wage...

Like your MA said your employer should keep your position for the next two years, after your Visa will be approve!

Just talk with him/her and explain the situation, hopefully will understand and will give to you the correct amount of hours, even if now we are going through the quietest time of the year!!

Good luck and let us know...?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Amy86 said:

Unfortunately, if you cannot prove that you are working full-time for your employer, this can effect your Visa.

Your employer sponsored you and signed a lot paperworks saying that he/she needs full-time cook,  paying you At least a minimum wage...

Like your MA said your employer should keep your position for the next two years, after your Visa will be approve!

Just talk with him/her and explain the situation, hopefully will understand and will give to you the correct amount of hours, even if now we are going through the quietest time of the year!!

Good luck and let us know...?

Thank you ?  I already had a chat with my employer. The business will pick up at the end of the year, so its really impossible to get 38 hours at this time. Also, we are closed on Mondays and Tuesdays and only operate on lunch time on Sundays. My employer is really worried because she does not want me to miss the chance of getting my visa approve because of me not getting the required hours. ?

Hey guys

It is gonna be a very common question but what is the best number to call the immigration to find out the statu of my file.? I called a few number provided but i cant get to talk to anyone after a long hold on the phone. 

Thanks

1 hour ago, Kaaaaatttt said:

Hi,

I applied for 187 visa last March for a full time cook position. 

The business is slowing down and I'm not getting the required 38 hours per week. Sometimes I only get to work for 15hrs/week.

I messaged my MA regarding this matter and she said, under the current law, my employer is required to provide full-time employment in the nominated position for the next two years UPON VISA GRANT.

Will this affect my nomination?

The law stated that your employer is required to provide full-time employment AFTER visa granted. However some case officers will assume that the employer can't pay you, or if your position is genuine and necessary why don't you work full-time for them now EXCEPT you're offshore. 

21 hours ago, Ally89 said:

Hi everyone!!! Finally I got my PR approved on the 11th of May 2018!!!! I could not believe it...after so long time I can finally breath again..... i wish you that all of you get pr soon!! Please do not give up!! I know it's hard and so stressful but I can assure you the wait is worth it! You feel so light and stress free after you re permanent.... hang in there a little longer and soon you ll understand what I m talking about! 

Here is my timeline:

Restaurant Manager 187 Visa applied 13 April 2017.  Perth

Nomination approved 24 April 2018

Lots of documents asked in the same month as financial documents and medicals etc....

Visa approved 11 may 2018

Total waiting 13 months

Was it TRT or DE ? 

Hi there, just wondering any community worker got approval recently 187 Direct entry? 

My timeline 

RCB applied: 17/06/2017 (WA)

RCB approved: 22/06/2017

Nomination applied: 25/06/2017

visa applied: 28/06/2017 

haven't heard anything so far, my employer is not-for-profit charity organisation. Last week, 457 nomination got approved within 3 weeks. Still not sure whats gona happen with mine. Living in regional area since july 2017. Wait is killing me and my family.

1 hour ago, ring3018 said:

The law stated that your employer is required to provide full-time employment AFTER visa granted. However some case officers will assume that the employer can't pay you, or if your position is genuine and necessary why don't you work full-time for them now EXCEPT you're offshore. 

What if my employer still can't provide me full time hours upon my visa grant?? 

On 13/05/2018 at 15:20, Ally89 said:

Hi everyone!!! Finally I got my PR approved on the 11th of May 2018!!!! I could not believe it...after so long time I can finally breath again..... i wish you that all of you get pr soon!! Please do not give up!! I know it's hard and so stressful but I can assure you the wait is worth it! You feel so light and stress free after you re permanent.... hang in there a little longer and soon you ll understand what I m talking about! 

Here is my timeline:

Lots of documents asked in the same month as financial documents and medicals etc....

Total waiting 13 months

Wow congrats! If I have to wait 13 months that means I only have 9 months to go!

btw any massage therapist here? So far I just met one massage therapist in this forum......?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Someone knows the reason why the DIBP does not process the visa following a chronological order? I have been waiting since July 2016 for a 187 direct entry visa in South Australia working with the same employer since the end of 2014. Honestly piss me off seeing someone else waiting for much less receiving the PR...geez! 

2 minutes ago, GnS said:

Someone knows the reason why the DIBP does not process the visa following a chronological order? I have been waiting since July 2016 for a 187 direct entry visa in South Australia working with the same employer since the end of 2014. Honestly piss me off seeing someone else waiting for much less receiving the PR...geez! 

U r right man. This immigration minister is dickhead racist and this government as well. They delivertly not processing 

2 minutes ago, Mohit100 said:

U r right man. This immigration minister is dickhead racist and this government as well. They delivertly not processing 

Dear Mohit100, I definitely think that Mr. Dutton is doing what is best for Australia. I only think they should follow a chronological order, or at least to give the priority to those who are waiting for so long. 

• Like 1

On 13/05/2018 at 16:50, Ally89 said:

Here is my timeline:

Total waiting 13 months

Congratulations mate !! I am happy to hear that , may I ask any evidence or documents had you uploaded?

14 minutes ago, GnS said:

Dear Mohit100, I definitely think that Mr. Dutton is doing what is best for Australia. I only think they should follow a chronological order, or at least to give the priority to those who are waiting for so long. 

Mate he is not doing for Australia it just politics they wants more vo

• Like 1

Hi Everyone !! I am a silent follower of this page ! Just sharing my updates ; hope it might help !

*Nomination and visa- 29th June 2016
*Nomination approved - 23rd March 2018 ( after 21 mths)
*Requested doc - medical on 23rd March 2018
*Medical submitted-10th April 2018
*Visa granted- 15 th May 2018

(Cook, QLD, Onshore )

Its a long wait almost 23 mths wait . Finally our wait worth today !!
Granted few hours before !!
Good luck to everyone !!!

• Like 2

On 14/05/2018 at 11:27, Hakan said:

Hey guys

It is gonna be a very common question but what is the best number to call the immigration to find out the statu of my file.? I called a few number provided but i cant get to talk to anyone after a long hold on the phone. 

Thanks

Hi hakan, doesn't matter which number you call. you need wait at least 2.5 to 3 hours on hold. then you will be able to speak to some one. however, i called last tuesday, took me 2.5 hours to speak to someone. and only answer i received is wait UNTIL case officer ask for any thing. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Binakatwal123 said:

Hi Everyone !! I am a silent follower of this page ! Just sharing my updates ; hope it might help !

*Nomination and visa- 29th June 2016
*Nomination approved - 23rd March 2018 ( after 21 mths)
*Requested doc - medical on 23rd March 2018
*Medical submitted-10th April 2018
*Visa granted- 15 th May 2018

(Cook, QLD, Onshore )

Its a long wait almost 23 mths wait . Finally our wait worth today !!
Granted few hours before !!
Good luck to everyone !!!

Congratulations mate!! 

Can u please tell me what are the docs they asked from u. 

Thanks 

• Like 1