187 Visa Processing Time

Big bird 12

28 minutes ago, MilaMocha said:

Firstly, it's best that both the contract and the Visa/Nomination application state the same position, in your case Sous Chef.

You can sign a new contract with updated position (if you have the qualification, VetAssess, experience). If you are the only Sous Chef in the restaurant then you don't have to compare your pay with other employees' pay. Only if there's another Sous Chef (local, Australian), then you cannot have a higher salary than him. Both contracts (including duties, responsibilities and salary) have to be the same (or almost the same) - to show to Immi fair and equal treatment is applied.

Along with the "new" contract, your MA should as well upload a letter to explain this (like a reason why you're uploading a new document now). It's best to also upload the contract of another Sous Chef (if there's one) to prove equal rights and pay.

Hi MilaMocha,

Thanks for your reply.

i have research what qualifications and education needed to be a sous. Obviously, my education couldn’t be a chef but I have 5 years experience in Australia and almost 2 years full time. Could be a chance to be a sous chef? (We don’t have another sous chef)

if still not, which means I have to sign a ‘new contract’ and therefore it will be much lower than now and MA needs to explain why my contract change to very low, is it correct? And I have to take out sous chef position on my payslip as well, right? 

1 minute ago, Cupidmi said:

Hi MilaMocha,

Thanks for your reply.

i have research what qualifications and education needed to be a sous. Obviously, my education couldn’t be a chef but I have 5 years experience in Australia and almost 2 years full time. Could be a chance to be a sous chef? (We don’t have another sous chef)

if still not, which means I have to sign a ‘new contract’ and therefore it will be much lower than now and MA needs to explain why my contract change to very low, is it correct? And I have to take out sous chef position on my payslip as well, right? 

I really know nothing about the position Sous Chef so you better check the requirements online (for the position). If you get VetAssessed (like Restaurant Managers can) I believe this could help you heaps. Find out what the assessing body is and their requirements. If this can be done then yes, you can officially be a Sous Chef and this will benefit your case. You then won't have to change or compare your pay with other employees.

BUT if you cannot be qualified and recognised (officially, in line with the standards for your state) then your contract and visa/nomination application have to list the position that you actually can be recognised as, for example Cook or Chef. Then your pay has to be the same as other Cooks or Chefs in your business.

Hope this helps!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cupidmi said:

Hi MilaMocha,

Thanks for your reply.

Hi,

with my personal experience I think that you can apply like cook, chef, pastry chef or pastry cook...

For the immigration there are not other different qualifications...

But like I said, it is just my personal opinion...

If you already have experience like chef, you will apply like chef, if not, you'll need to apply like cook...and of course the minimum salary will change.

Ask to your MA to clarify that and let us know. 

Good luck.??

• Like 2

Hi,

I am writing to seek clarification on a matter related to my RSMS sponsorship. 

My file is now in process opened on 29/3/18

The immigration officer has requested for my ENGLISH LANGUAGE result.

I sat my PTE in MARCH 2016 and as per the Pearson policy the result stay valid for 2 years. 

My question is would immigration accept my expired score sheet for my file?  

as I’m told that DIBP do take upto 3 years? 
PTE have advised me to retake the test as they won’t disclose my old score to the department. 

Would appreciate your feedback on my enquiry at your earliest. 
Regards ,khan patan 

4 minutes ago, Khan patan said:

Hi,

I sat my PTE in MARCH 2016 and as per the Pearson policy the result stay valid for 2 years. 

PTE have advised me to retake the test as they won’t disclose my old score to the department. 

Regards ,khan patan 

Your PTE result was uploaded when the application was initially submitted right? As this is ‘at time of applying’ requirement. Which means your CO has already seen it and demands a new one which you will have to submit within 28 days.

If this is the case I suggest you retake it asap.

PS. I know Immi accepts IELTS up to 3 years but not sure about PTE. Should be the same but it’s confusing then why would he demand it again. 

Edited by MilaMocha

1 hour ago, Khan patan said:

Hi,

Regards ,khan patan 

Brother,  when did you apply for nomination and visa?  Is it 187 DE or 187 TS

4 hours ago, Khan patan said:

Hi,

Regards ,khan patan 

You don’t need to take another one, just upload the one you provided before. At the time of your application pte report was valid, end of story 

Hi Guys

I applied 187 DE onshore in march 2017 still waiting

I have to go overseas for one month So could anyone please tell me if i go overseas and case officer opens my file will that create any problem in processing

Thanks

Waiting for your reply

Hi Guys
I applied 187 DE onshore in march 2017 still waiting
I have to go overseas for one month So could anyone please tell me if i go overseas and case officer opens my file will that create any problem in processing
Thanks
Waiting for your reply

I think there will be no issues.
If u r on bridging you can take permission.
If your on visa u can go . Meanwhile they need any they will mail you. Just inform your MA.

I just share what I have received from my MA.

As I commented before, my contract and nomination is a cook, but literally I am a sous chef. They uploaded my job description and reference as a sous chef so it doesn’t matter what title on the contract. The most important thing is that what duties I have and will compare to other stuff. If there is no one else doing same job as mine. I will be fine, they won’t compare salary to locals. I have to be equally salary if there is any stuff who takes a same job.

i am not to sure it’s correct but it’s what MA told me.

good for luck...

Dear Ladies and gentlemen,

As a silent follower from December 2016, I am very happy to tell you my visa has been granted. Here are some information to help you:

187 DE Onshore High risk country, Exporter of a large company, South coast city  from Vic, NSW PESE.

RCB approved 06/12/2016 and nomination that day.

Visa 19/04/2017

Nomination approved 28/03/2018

Visa approved 29/03/2018

I am a B Eco from a famous university of my country, and MCom from UNSW.

Here are some tips for you to help your applications processing faster:

Submit genius and complete applications; Update your nomination and application files when you find they are going to expire, do that before the department ask you (except medical); Contact your agents often to track your applications, know details about your applications; Choose your agents cautiously, do not use those 100%, because there are never never 100% in this game. I hope all of you could get your good news soon. We, together, make Australia better, make the world better.

Regards,

Davo

• Like 5