187 Visa Processing Time

Big bird 12

Has anyone received a 187 visa as a Cafe/Restaurant Manager in NSW?

And does anyone know if this category is/will be equally affected (over 50% refusal rate) as Retail/Store and Hotel/Motel managers?

We lodged our application Dec 15 2017 and the wait already feels like never-ending.

Thanks for your replies.

That’s not good news,
still I am waiting as a cook from oct 16
no news at all,
and the business have less turn over,
so I hope I will get approval,

I wish too every one get their approval.
Talk to your MA and owner might they fix turn over with help of account.
  • Like 1

That’s not good news,
still I am waiting as a cook from oct 16
no news at all,
and the business have less turn over,
so I hope I will get approval,

What is your business turnover? And which state you applied for . Me also waiting from oct 16 cook vic DE vic

On 05/03/2018 at 18:26, 420dream said:

Hi does anyone know, what happen with your rsms application when the business is going for sale? If the owner going to change before i get my rsms visa approve, would it be re-set my visa and nomination application? any information would be helpful. Thanks!

Hi 420dream

I’m in the same boat! If the business closure before your visa is granted you have to start from scratch (The business ABN is linked to your application) I’ll keep my fingers and toes crossed for both of us, and for everyone who’s in the same situation like us, to get the grant letter before the business closes down!

What is your plan b if you are unlucky?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, KrisThie said:

Hi 420dream

I’m in the same boat! If the business closure before your visa is granted you have to start from scratch (The business ABN is linked to your application) I’ll keep my fingers and toes crossed for both of us, and for everyone who’s in the same situation like us, to get the grant letter before the business closes down!

What is your plan b if you are unlucky?

I have sent you a pm! 

On 05/03/2018 at 20:34, Garry-88 said:

If owner sale his restaurant before your nomination file is open immi will ask you to withdraw your application or they will reject it. Same situation happened with my friend as well. Now he applied for new nomination and visa application throw new owner .

Thanks for your response gary88!

My boss was able to support a 457 employee with high salary (English exemption) so I believe not enough turnover would not be our problem...but who knows?
They handed in another 187 visa application just before March...So would I be more difficult?
Feeling the wait is forever...

Edited by CarmenChung

Hi guys... I called my MA yesterday asking how long I have to keep waiting and she said that she doesn't even know!!!! I said i am waiting since a year almost already, and nomination has not even been approved after all these months. All she said was that due to all these changes case officers don't know what to do. BUT WTF..new laws should not affect old applications so I don't understand why most of applications are still frozen. They should work with old applications and not doing nothing. It gets me really mad. I am tired of putting my life on hold and I don't even know If i am going to be granted this honour to live here. Situation is getting ridiculous. If anyone knows a way to put a complaint or do something about it PLEASE ENLIGHTEN ME!!!!!

• Like 1

Hi guys... I called my MA yesterday asking how long I have to keep waiting and she said that she doesn't even know!!!! I said i am waiting since a year almost already, and nomination has not even been approved after all these months. All she said was that due to all these changes case officers don't know what to do. BUT WTF..new laws should not affect old applications so I don't understand why most of applications are still frozen. They should work with old applications and not doing nothing. It gets me really mad. I am tired of putting my life on hold and I don't even know If i am going to be granted this honour to live here. Situation is getting ridiculous. If anyone knows a way to put a complaint or do something about it PLEASE ENLIGHTEN ME!!!!!

If any one make an complain regarding visa delay can call on this no. 133677 and ask for complain and register your complain they will respone you in few days via email.

• Thanks 1