187 Visa Processing Time

Big bird 12

1 hour ago, Shaktimaan said:

Hi barker could you please advice on that if you have any info.?

I'm not a MA, but this is the information the DIBP has put out as of November 2017, in which they state they have not stopped processing at any time. 

RSMS and ENS processing

RSMS and ENS processing times are currently being affected by a number of factors – including:

• the high on-hand RSMS/ENS caseload, which is further exacerbated by a particularly high number of lodgements in recent months (note: more than 16,000 applications were lodged in June 2017 alone, which is equivalent to approximately four months of average application lodgements)
  • there are increased levels of non-genuine applications or applications with integrity concerns which require a higher level of scrutiny and
  • incomplete visa application lodgements.

At no point in time has processing stopped on these cases and the Department is continuing to work through the on-hand caseload as fast as possible.

Note: Applications lodged more recently may be allocated for assessment ahead of older applications to facilitate more efficient processing of the pipeline and reduce processing times.

Edited by barker

3 hours ago, barker said:

I'm not a MA, but this is the information the DIBP has put out as of November 2017, in which they state they have not stopped processing at any time. 

RSMS and ENS processing

RSMS and ENS processing times are currently being affected by a number of factors – including:

• the high on-hand RSMS/ENS caseload, which is further exacerbated by a particularly high number of lodgements in recent months (note: more than 16,000 applications were lodged in June 2017 alone, which is equivalent to approximately four months of average application lodgements)
  • there are increased levels of non-genuine applications or applications with integrity concerns which require a higher level of scrutiny and
  • incomplete visa application lodgements.

At no point in time has processing stopped on these cases and the Department is continuing to work through the on-hand caseload as fast as possible.

Note: Applications lodged more recently may be allocated for assessment ahead of older applications to facilitate more efficient processing of the pipeline and reduce processing times.

Thanks for the info barker. Lot of friends from 2016 are waiting for their files to get accessed. Hopefully we can hear some great news soon??

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sandeep mehra said:

My timeline nomination 7/4/2016

visa offshore 18/5/2017

nomination approved 15/11/2017

visa status still received 

occupation retail manager 

pls anyone suggest me how long more wait for visa application....

If you are lucky than 1 month or else wait for 6months. Which state did you apply and which business??

Edited by Shaktimaan

So I have some not so great news from my agent.....

DE and Nom Oct 2016, Office Manager, QLD. Here's what he said. 

In relation to your email, we have many people emailing us concerned about the changes in March 2018 (and rightly so).

We are unsure what is going to happen at this stage or what occupations will and will not be on the RSMS list.

There have been recent changes to the postcodes for Regional Areas (which is a time of decision requirement). This recently happened with pending Perth applications which was a regional area until 17 November 2017. However, the Immigration Department has provided that people with an RCB approval and who lodged prior to 17 November 2017 will not be affected by this change. Therefore, these people have been grandfathered. The reason I use this example is that I hope Immigration will do the same for people who may have their occupation removed in March 2018 and who have lodged their visa prior. However, I do not know if this can or will be done.

To answer you question direct - you may be affected if Office Manger is removed and Immigration do not grandfather prior lodged applications. However, we will only know the changed once informed by Immigration or once the changes take place.

Unfortunately, I cannot assist any more that this L

I am hoping your application will be assessed prior to March 2017 based on our current applications being processed.

Guest Simarjot
9 hours ago, Shaktimaan said:

Hi just to re confirm you applied ON SHORE or OFF SHORE. I spoke to MA today and he said after nomination it usually takes few weeks to get approved. All the best to you??

Hi bro, i think it will take few more months 

i applied nomination on 18th march 2016 and approved on 8th march 2017

applied visa on 11th May 2016....approved on 17th May 2017.

occupation was cook ,QLD. applied both Naomi and visa offshore.

wish you all the very best with your visa application........

I called  to immi this morning . Same ans file not allocated yet. They r processing file between april 2016 to june 2017. I asked how long it gonnabe take nd she said no idea.already 21st month has been started.in my immi account processing time is 15 to 18 months.  Very disappointed now... anyone hav idea after 3 years skill assessment any possibility of 190 or 489 visa as cafe nd restaurant manager. 

Edited by Pawi

43 minutes ago, Pawi said:

I called  to immi this morning . Same ans file not allocated yet. They r processing file between april 2016 to june 2017. I asked how long it gonnabe take nd she said no idea.already 21st month has been started.in my immi account processing time is 15 to 18 months.  Very disappointed now... anyone hav idea after 3 years skill assessment any possibility of 190 or 489 visa as cafe nd restaurant manager. 

21 months is too much now and i am unable to understand how come they say june2017?? Hw about people who applied before them, especially people who applied in 2016.

• Like 1

21 months is too much now and i am unable to understand how come they say june2017?? Hw about people who applied before them, especially people who applied in 2016.

They should also allow to complete the 2 year work requirement for DE from date of application if the applicant is already working for the employer... otherwise 2 years to wait for the application process and then 2 other years to work for the same employer... not fair!

2 hours ago, Pawi said:

Has your nomination been accepted or not?

Edited by Mazen