187 Visa Processing Time

Big bird 12

23 minutes ago, nixont said:

We got our Golden email today!!!

Subclass:187; Stream:Direct Entry; Citizenship:KENYA; State:NT; Processing Office:NSW PESE

Applied 10.09.2019

Nomination Approved 12.09.2019

S56 Requested Aug 2020

Visa Granted 04.09.2020.

Good luck everyone! There is Hope. 

It means immi is alive. 

Hi guys

I have a question regarding 187 visa

I'm on 187, working in an engineering company in regional NSW.

Our company is relocating to QLD and gives us the option to either move there or stay in NSW and work from home.

1. Can I relocate there? 

2. If I stay in NSW, do I have to stay in the region? Cause I'm working from home permanently.

cheers 

34 minutes ago, Lolpoli said:

Hi guys

I have a question regarding 187 visa

I'm on 187, working in an engineering company in regional NSW.

Our company is relocating to QLD and gives us the option to either move there or stay in NSW and work from home.

1. Can I relocate there? 

2. If I stay in NSW, do I have to stay in the region? Cause I'm working from home permanently.

cheers 

How much time left ?? Better to stay in region d I don't matter if staying at home or work. But resi address should be regional. Else can be trouble on citizenship like breach of visa condition.

11 hours ago, WelderGuy5 said:

How much time left ?? Better to stay in region d I don't matter if staying at home or work. But resi address should be regional. Else can be trouble on citizenship like breach of visa condition.

Thanks mate,

I’ve got PR 6 months ago however I'm working here for 1.5 years.

In 187 visa conditions, there's nothing about the company relocation. That makes this complicated.

Any similar experience?

• Like 1

On 06/09/2020 at 23:39, Lolpoli said:

Thanks mate,

I’ve got PR 6 months ago however I'm working here for 1.5 years.

In 187 visa conditions, there's nothing about the company relocation. That makes this complicated.

Any similar experience?

Pr is after lots of hardwork. Better to be safe rather than experimenting. Its my opinion though. Its like awakening sleepy Tiger.🐎😄😄

Hi 

my rsms visa granted 1 year ago in nsw . I am working in regional even that business who sponsership me sold out , I am working under other business same town but my husband living in qld .. he was also in regional in qld but now he have to move from regional suburb  to other suburb near his work . Is that matter or he can ? 

Just now, Jassu said:

Hi 

my rsms visa granted 1 year ago in nsw . I am working in regional even that business who sponsership me sold out , I am working under other business same town but my husband living in qld .. he was also in regional in qld but now he have to move from regional suburb  to other suburb near his work . Is that matter or he can ? 

Better to keep residence regional. You can invite worries. Better to be on safer side. No one know when friends turn foes.

Hi Guys,

Having a quick query, I have been sponsored on 457 from Dec. 2015 with an employer in regional town of WA, worked on 457/482 for 3 years and 10 months, than sponsored with the same employer on 187 in September 2019, now finishing a year on 187. Have been with the same employer, in the same location and same position. Hitting 5 years in 2 months time. Management has changed now, its getting harder to work with the new management. If i leave now before even finishing that 2 years 187 condition. Would that effect my 187 visa, been with the same employer for almost 5 year, would DOHA give the little consideration that. Thanks heaps for any assistance in advance.

On 22/09/2020 at 20:42, Gaurav Raheja said:

Hi Guys,

Having a quick query, I have been sponsored on 457 from Dec. 2015 with an employer in regional town of WA, worked on 457/482 for 3 years and 10 months, than sponsored with the same employer on 187 in September 2019, now finishing a year on 187. Have been with the same employer, in the same location and same position. Hitting 5 years in 2 months time. Management has changed now, its getting harder to work with the new management. If i leave now before even finishing that 2 years 187 condition. Would that effect my 187 visa, been with the same employer for almost 5 year, would DOHA give the little consideration that. Thanks heaps for any assistance in advance.

Hi Gaurav,

It can be a problem during your citizenship. If immigration wants to trouble you depends.

On 22/09/2020 at 20:42, Gaurav Raheja said:

Hi Guys,

I wont take risk.

Update on 187 Visa Policies

RSMS Visa cancellation policy change – foreign worker exploitation

In a positive development for Subclass 187 Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS) Visa holders, the Department has updated its policy on visa cancellations in response to concerns raised over possible foreign worker exploitation. The policy centres around whether to cancel an RSMS visa if the visa holder has not satisfied their obligation to complete the required two years employment with their nominating employer. For cancellation to occur, the Department must be satisfied that the visa holder did not make a genuine effort to commence employment or to complete the required two-year employment period.

According to policy, periods of more than 12 months may generally be accepted as representing a genuine effort. However, a visa holder can be found to have made a genuine effort if employed for under 12 months. This is a generous concession as it is contrary to the current law (which requires a minimum two-year employment period) and implies that after 12 months of service with their nominating employer, RSMS visa holders stand a good chance of demonstrating a genuine effort and thus avoiding their visa being cancelled. Be mindful that the individual circumstances of each case will be considered when determining whether there has been a genuine effort made by the RSMS visa holder.

The policy raises the possibility that foreign worker exploitation may be occurring in certain instances by making the point that the Department needs to be alert to possible claims by an unscrupulous employer that the visa holder has left their employment without making a genuine effort to stay employed for the required two-year period. As of 1 October 2019, the Department has changed its policy to remove the onus on the visa holder (which was previously the case) to satisfy the Department that they have made a genuine effort to commence employment or to complete the required employment period. This change is significant. By moving the onus away from the visa holder, the Department is clearly communicating a change in its approach to a more supportive attitude to the visa holder. Clearly the Department are raising the priority of their enquiries to the protection of RSMS visa holders in instances where theyare being exploited by their nominating employer. This also means that RSMS visa holders can now feel more comfort that the Department will support them if an employer has done the wrong thing.

It is unclear at this stage whether the two-year employment period commences at time of visa grant (which would normally be the case), as the clock start date depends on how the employment contract connected with the RSMS nomination is written.

Policy also states that even where there are grounds for visa cancellation to occur, the Department is required to consider certain factors when assessing whether to exercise its discretion to cancel the visa, including:

• If there are children whose interests would be affected by a visa cancellation, the Department needs to consider the best interests of those children (aged under 18) as a primary consideration when deciding whether to cancel the visa;
  • the circumstances leading to the grounds for cancellation;
  • the visa holder’s current and past behaviour in relation to the Department (for example, the truthfulness of statements made, or in applications under consideration by the Department);
  • links to the community the visa holder may have made in Australia (such as family, social and business). Strong ties to regional Australia and continued employment in that area may also be given special consideration; and
  • the length of any period of employment with the sponsor, including any previous employment with the sponsor whilst the visa holder was on a temporary visa.

The visa holder may also be invited to attend an interview with the Department in cases where further issues are to be resolved in considering whether to cancel the visa.

On 29/09/2020 at 13:46, Gaurav Raheja said:

Update on 187 Visa Policies

RSMS Visa cancellation policy change – foreign worker exploitation

In a positive development for Subclass 187 Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS) Visa holders, the Department has updated its policy on visa cancellations in response to concerns raised over possible foreign worker exploitation. The policy centres around whether to cancel an RSMS visa if the visa holder has not satisfied their obligation to complete the required two years employment with their nominating employer. For cancellation to occur, the Department must be satisfied that the visa holder did not make a genuine effort to commence employment or to complete the required two-year employment period.

According to policy, periods of more than 12 months may generally be accepted as representing a genuine effort. However, a visa holder can be found to have made a genuine effort if employed for under 12 months. This is a generous concession as it is contrary to the current law (which requires a minimum two-year employment period) and implies that after 12 months of service with their nominating employer, RSMS visa holders stand a good chance of demonstrating a genuine effort and thus avoiding their visa being cancelled. Be mindful that the individual circumstances of each case will be considered when determining whether there has been a genuine effort made by the RSMS visa holder.

The policy raises the possibility that foreign worker exploitation may be occurring in certain instances by making the point that the Department needs to be alert to possible claims by an unscrupulous employer that the visa holder has left their employment without making a genuine effort to stay employed for the required two-year period. As of 1 October 2019, the Department has changed its policy to remove the onus on the visa holder (which was previously the case) to satisfy the Department that they have made a genuine effort to commence employment or to complete the required employment period. This change is significant. By moving the onus away from the visa holder, the Department is clearly communicating a change in its approach to a more supportive attitude to the visa holder. Clearly the Department are raising the priority of their enquiries to the protection of RSMS visa holders in instances where theyare being exploited by their nominating employer. This also means that RSMS visa holders can now feel more comfort that the Department will support them if an employer has done the wrong thing.

It is unclear at this stage whether the two-year employment period commences at time of visa grant (which would normally be the case), as the clock start date depends on how the employment contract connected with the RSMS nomination is written.

Policy also states that even where there are grounds for visa cancellation to occur, the Department is required to consider certain factors when assessing whether to exercise its discretion to cancel the visa, including:

• If there are children whose interests would be affected by a visa cancellation, the Department needs to consider the best interests of those children (aged under 18) as a primary consideration when deciding whether to cancel the visa;
  • the circumstances leading to the grounds for cancellation;
  • the visa holder’s current and past behaviour in relation to the Department (for example, the truthfulness of statements made, or in applications under consideration by the Department);
  • links to the community the visa holder may have made in Australia (such as family, social and business). Strong ties to regional Australia and continued employment in that area may also be given special consideration; and
  • the length of any period of employment with the sponsor, including any previous employment with the sponsor whilst the visa holder was on a temporary visa.

The visa holder may also be invited to attend an interview with the Department in cases where further issues are to be resolved in considering whether to cancel the visa.

Source of info please