187 Visa Processing Time

Big bird 12

On 10/04/2020 at 16:53, WelderGuy5 said:

Hii

Hope everyoneis staying safe at home. 

My nominations approved week back but have not heard anything yet. How much time now??

Any ideas

Hopefully you get to hear from them soon! I had my nomination approved in September but I have not heard anything after that!

Anyone with an approved nomination but still waiting for Visa???

1 hour ago, nixont said:

Hopefully you get to hear from them soon! I had my nomination approved in September but I have not heard anything after that!

Anyone with an approved nomination but still waiting for Visa???

Really. Thoughtnow process will faster. Waiting since Dec 17

22 minutes ago, WelderGuy5 said:

Really. Thoughtnow process will faster. Waiting since Dec 17

Yeah! I though after the nomination that I would get the response, We did our medicals and submitted all our PCC hopefully we get some news before our medicals expire.

Hello everyone, hope you all doing well.

My nomination approved last year October and got request for medical and PCC for Australia and original country ,supplied them all and still waiting ,I applied Offshore but I am onshore now ,I heard Immigration prioritise  Onshore application over offshore due to COVID-19 climate and border closure ,Just wondering is my application treated as offshore or onshore  ,I heard it doesn’t matter where the application was lodged it matters where the applicant is while processing?

it would be highly appreciated if someone could help me with this.  

38 minutes ago, WelderGuy5 said:

Will be offshore. Can I ask how long after Nominations did they ask for further doc.

My got approved couple of weeks ago but hvnt heard anything yet. 

Thanks buddy,mine was asked about the same time , it has been now 4 month since it has been approved,my case a bit complex and again inly 2 months ago they got back to me asking for further docs ,I asked them a waiver for original country PCC

16 hours ago, Farshadbox said:

Does this really work in real world ,like a company have to wait 3 years For an employee to come to work ?!

No, of course it doesn't.  

You have to be aware that the current government is anti-immigration.  For various reasons, they cannot close down certain visas, but they can discourage applications by making the waiting lists unacceptably long.

If an employer needs to recruit a worker quickly, they can sponsor on a 482 visa to get the employee into the country and working.  But the government really wants the employer to keep trying to find a local worker, so the foreigner can go home at the end of the 482.  

Edited by Marisawright
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Marisawright said:

Why is it disgusting?  If the Australian government feels it has a large enough local workforce, it has every right to refuse foreigners a visa. 

And with the number of unemployed rising daily due to businesses collapsing, it seems only sensible to be delaying approval of visas. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Marisawright said:

Why is it disgusting?  If the Australian government feels it has a large enough local workforce, it has every right to refuse foreigners a visa. 

They don’t have any rights to refuse any visas with this reason. If it’s actually is, they should close all the visas altogether. That’s more ethical than making any person waits for this long, same with partner visa, they should not accept the huge amount of money then increase the processing time, then decided to refuse it. This visa processing time is 4 months 3 years ago but it keeps increasing the timeline even before this pandemic. 
I am not applying for this visa but 887 soon, the processing time is now 27 months, before it’s 3 months. The feeling of staying on bridging visa for so long can mentally affect anyone.

They still approve student visa at the moment even though the border is closed. 

Edited by Asd

The big picture for the Australian government seems to be to restrict social interaction as much as possible and keep the number of people coming to Australia to a minimum until a vaccine is developed for this virus.

The April 189 and 491 skill select round saw just 50 people in each category receive an invite. Whilst these two combined had over 2000 invites in March 2020. Granting of 189 visas has ground to a halt in April as well compared to March and previous months

DHA are now asking for additional information to justify a company needs to fill a skilled position with a 482 visa holder, and the AAT are similarly scrutinising similar visa appeals in the same way

For past dips in the economy such as the GFC and stock market crashes Australia has had a smaller migration program in the period of recovery due to high unemployment. This may be the case again, although there are arguments that this time it is not to do with economic structural issues. Instead the government may judge  that the economy needs a kick along from a solid migration (permanent and temporary) program to kick off demand. We will have to wait and see.

this is from ISCAH migration WA

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/04/2020 at 14:42, Asd said:

They don’t have any rights to refuse any visas with this reason. If it’s actually is, they should close all the visas altogether. That’s more ethical than making any person waits for this long, same with partner visa, they should not accept the huge amount of money then increase the processing time, then decided to refuse it. This visa processing time is 4 months 3 years ago but it keeps increasing the timeline even before this pandemic. 
I am not applying for this visa but 887 soon, the processing time is now 27 months, before it’s 3 months. The feeling of staying on bridging visa for so long can mentally affect anyone.

They still approve student visa at the moment even though the border is closed. 

But I believe this is correct... If there are a lot of people unemployed what should the Australian government do? Prioritize their citizen is a must... and i will fell secure if my government will do it!

And student visa bring money to Australia... so why not accepting? it doesent say anywhere that australian government must accept or grant a certain number of PR every months... even if it is frustrating for us, but unfortunately this is what a good government is doing to protect its country... 

13 minutes ago, cavas85 said:

But I believe this is correct... If there are a lot of people unemployed what should the Australian government do? Prioritize their citizen is a must... and i will fell secure if my government will do it!

And student visa bring money to Australia... so why not accepting? it doesent say anywhere that australian government must accept or grant a certain number of PR every months... even if it is frustrating for us, but unfortunately this is what a good government is doing to protect its country... 

Why not accept is the ethical question, because they know even if they accept student visa, the students can’t come to Australia anyway, that’s like taking their money but knowing they can’t get the products.

and please, two years ago before this pandemic in the end of 2018, the processing time is already 24 months. Now this visa stops, that means only current applicants got affected. 
i guess you have got your 187 already, because if you’re not I don’t think you will say this.

Edited by ring3018

4 hours ago, ring3018 said:

Why not accept is the ethical question, because they know even if they accept student visa, the students can’t come to Australia anyway, that’s like taking their money but knowing they can’t get the products.

and please, two years ago before this pandemic in the end of 2018, the processing time is already 24 months. Now this visa stops, that means only current applicants got affected. 
i guess you have got your 187 already, because if you’re not I don’t think you will say this.

Edited by cavas85

• 2 weeks later...

Visa 187 - NSW - Engineering

Applied for RCB - 1/11/2019

RCB Approved - 6/11/2019

Visa Lodged - 11/11/2019

Nomination Approved - 22/11/2019

Medical uploaded - 09/12/2019

Police Clearance uploaded - 22/03/2020

Visa granted 12/05/2020

Thanks

Edited by Lolpoli

10 hours ago, Lolpoli said:

Visa 187 - NSW - Engineering

Applied for RCB - 1/11/2019

RCB Approved - 6/11/2019

Visa Lodged - 11/11/2019

Nomination Approved - 22/11/2019

Medical uploaded - 09/12/2019

Police Clearance uploaded - 22/03/2020

Visa granted 12/05/2020

Thanks

Congratulations 🥳 

may I ask you if you were onshore ?

if offshore do you have to quarantine when entering?

cheers