187 Visa Processing Time

Big bird 12

Hi. I got my PR 5 months ago. I was sponsored as a chef and the RCB was approved for Sunshine Coast. My question is would I be able to ask for a tranfer and move to the Gold Coast and still work under my company since Gold Coast has now become regional area ? Thank you. 

On 21/05/2019 at 17:49, Naman said:

Examinations ready for assessment – no action required

The required health examinations have been completed and submitted by the panel clinic to the department. This person's case will be processed or referred to the department's migration medical services provider, Bupa Medical Visa Services, for further assessment.

What does that mean? A bit worried Thank you.

I am having this status for 11 months as i was treated for TB. Have you been detected for TB?

am on the 187 RSMS in regional QLD. I was made redundant on the 20th March. I have worked for the company for 2 years, but once the PR was granted only 8 months (i have not completed 2 years) . Will my PR be cancelled ? Just want some reassurance at this difficult time, when we are all down mentally. Thanks for your input in advance.

Jesus guys... Stop going pandemic about your visa's as well. You should have you visa conditions printed on you letter grant. Open it, read and that's the answer for you! Noone in Australia got any time to cancel you visa now. Because we are in a complete crap right now, even 2009 market failure is not comparable...

39 minutes ago, AndrewTheGreat said:

Jesus guys... Stop going pandemic about your visa's as well. You should have you visa conditions printed on you letter grant. Open it, read and that's the answer for you! Noone in Australia got any time to cancel you visa now. Because we are in a complete crap right now, even 2009 market failure is not comparable...

well the visa grant letter does not state anything other than the fact that we need to stay in the region. Hence, i wanted to check with others what their experience in this regard is. Appreciate a clarification. 

18 hours ago, cavas85 said:

I am in the same situation... I would like to know as well.. any advice?

187 visa granted and after the coronavirus i lost my job....  position restaurant manager

Hi everyone!

I have lost my job too on Monday she arranged a staff meeting and said she doesn’t have work for anyone for while. I was also worried but I talk to my migration lawyer and explained my situation, I got my visa last year in sep. migration lawyer said it’s is a worldwide issue, so department won’t take any action against you , you are free to find another job and move to other regional area.please talk to your migration lawyer don’t panic . stay safe and stay positive  🤞 

take care 

Edited by A kaur

18 hours ago, AndrewTheGreat said:

One of our visa obligation is:

We expect that you will work for your nominating employer in regional Australia for at least 2 years. If you don't, we might cancel your visa.

It doesn't specify anything else. Sorry if we are panicking  but I personally don't  wanna lose my visa.

3 hours ago, A kaur said:

Hi everyone!

I have lost my job too on Monday she arranged a staff meeting and said she doesn’t have work for anyone for while. I was also worried but I talk to my migration lawyer and explained my situation, I got my visa last year in sep. migration lawyer said it’s is a worldwide issue, so department won’t take any action against you , you are free to find another job and move to other regional area.please talk to your migration lawyer don’t panic . stay safe and stay positive  🤞 

take care 

Thank you , I hope immigration does not take action as this is no fault of our own and we also in a difficult situation as we moved our lives over here and expected to work for the duration of the 2year contract and suddenly to be made redundant without a job and in a new country without any help from the state is really pathetic and on top of all this to cancel a visa is downright inhuman.

• Like 1

Hi guys,

I’ve never posted nor been a member of this forum before but i’ve been visiting it several times for the last 4 years and it did bring me comfort. So here’s to helping or maybe inspiring someone else out there to keep hope and keep pushing!

Applied for Nomination & Visa 187 - Perth - Disability Support Officer - 22/08/2016

Nomination Refused - 11/10/17

Visa Refused - 17/11/2017

AAT Applied - 04/12/2017

AAT Opened case and requested more information - 29/11/2019

Documents Sent - 13/12/2019

Nomination Approved by AAT &  sent to IMMI to review Visa - 13/02/2020

Request for Medical & police clearance from IMMI - 21/02/2020

Police Clearance Provided - 25/02/2020

Medical Clearance Done - 26/02/2020

Visa granted 24/03/2020

Good luck to anyone out there still waiting. The road is long and hard and several times I have wanted to give up. But finally I got there! So maybe you will too!

• Like 2
  • Congratulations 2

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if we have been stood down from a job ( not laid off or made redundant) . The time we spend waiting, say 6 months or so to go back to the job when it reopen for business, does this time will be counted towards our 2 year obligation? I'm confused because we haven't broken the service with our employers but at the same time not getting paid ( unpaid leave ) 🤔🤔

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Tien1993 said:

Does anyone know if we have been stood down from a job ( not laid off or made redundant) . The time we spend waiting, say 6 months or so to go back to the job when it reopen for business, does this time will be counted towards our 2 year obligation? I'm confused because we haven't broken the service with our employers but at the same time not getting paid ( unpaid leave ) 🤔🤔

I called 131881 last week and the lady said if they didn’t fire you, you are still on their book during this period.

If you don’t mind please call this number and let me know if you have another answer or not. 😅
I asked my boss to register the job keeper. Your boss should do so as well.

Edited by CarmenChung
  • Thanks 1

Hi everybody 

Got the great news of our visa grant!!! 

Hope everybody gets what they truly want, all the best .

Visa Stream- 187 TRT
Occupation - Registered Nurse

Nomination Applied - 25 Feb 2020

Nomination Approved - 03 Mar 2020

Visa Application- 04 Mar 2020

Medical , PCC - 09 March 2020

Visa Grant - 07 April 2020

Thank You !

• Like 1
  • Congratulations 2