187 Visa Processing Time

Big bird 12

Hi guys, I'm new to this forum. Just want to add my story here so we can all share all the news about 187 visa. 

Position: Cook 

State: QLD 

Nomination and visa applied: 23/5/2019

I know till now my waiting journey has only just begun when many of you guys are counting on years 😂

I applied with 3 years post qualification in Australia. 3 years skill assessment from TRA. 

Certificate 3, 4, diploma in Commercial Cookery, Advanced diploma Hospitality Management. 

Company annual turnover: 4.5 billion 

Let's all be positive !! 

2 hours ago, Tien1993 said:

Hi guys, I'm new to this forum. Just want to add my story here so we can all share all the news about 187 visa. 

Position: Cook 

State: QLD 

Nomination and visa applied: 23/5/2019

I know till now my waiting journey has only just begun when many of you guys are counting on years 😂

I applied with 3 years post qualification in Australia. 3 years skill assessment from TRA. 

Certificate 3, 4, diploma in Commercial Cookery, Advanced diploma Hospitality Management. 

Company annual turnover: 4.5 billion 

Let's all be positive !! 

Hi can you please suggest me how many years of experience do I need for skill assessment with rpl certificate?

3 hours ago, Ddl said:

Hi can you please suggest me how many years of experience do I need for skill assessment with rpl certificate?

Hi Ddl. I'm not so sure about how RPL certificates work. I started all my studies here in Australia and my work experience is post graduate so I'm sorry I can't answer your question. For skill assessment you will need minimum of 3 years experience post qualification 😊

10 hours ago, Manager17 said:

Its very quite from long time 

I dont see any approvals in this forum from last month 

Why its very quite ? 

Anyone have any idea?

Already reached their quota.  End of financial year

Hi Guys.

I have applied my 187 on 20th dec 2017 which opened on 14th nov 2018. 

At that time they asked for various documents like AFP, Medical,PCC, Work Experience.

They also asked for Financial documents from Employer..

All of these documents have submitted by my Agent in the month of dec 2018.

My file is under COOK category and it is in regional area of Western Australia.

Still File is showing initial assessment.

There is no update on neither visa nor nomination.

If anyone is having same situation plz let me know.

Regards

54 minutes ago, september cook 2017 said:

CO said RPL cant be substitute for RSMS 187.234(c)

I have AQF certificate III & IV in commercial cookery .

Is RSMS 187 different from 187.234(c)?

how do we know what visa we applied for?

mine just says 187 

Hi friends, please help. 

I'm super worried now. My visa and nomination lodged on 23 May 2019. Case officer assigned after 3 days. So CO sent a request s56 to my agent requesting PCC and medical on 27/5 and asked to release my PTE score on 28/5. My agent has never told me that there was a request from CO. I only found out by creating my immi account and login to see the progress of my application. Now I have passed 28 days and I can only provide them with PCC but haven't been able to arrange my health exam. I emailed my agent but still waiting for them to respond as it was weekend. Just seeing if anyone have any advice about this ? 

2 hours ago, september cook 2017 said:

anyone have done Skill Assessment in commercial cookery III & IV through RPL ? please help me for skill assessment what need to do for skill assessment 

Please talk to them enquiry@angliss.edu.au or call them +613 85955334 they do skill assessment of TRA talk to Jim or Daniel They can help you good luck .

10 hours ago, Tien1993 said:

Hi friends, please help. 

I'm super worried now. My visa and nomination lodged on 23 May 2019. Case officer assigned after 3 days. So CO sent a request s56 to my agent requesting PCC and medical on 27/5 and asked to release my PTE score on 28/5. My agent has never told me that there was a request from CO. I only found out by creating my immi account and login to see the progress of my application. Now I have passed 28 days and I can only provide them with PCC but haven't been able to arrange my health exam. I emailed my agent but still waiting for them to respond as it was weekend. Just seeing if anyone have any advice about this ? 

There is no issue please talk to your agent.

sorry to bring the bad news!!

I have got my nomination refused on 20th june after f..k in waiting for so long. This country is going to hell seriously guys after waiting 18 months you get the negative decision is really pathetic. The worst part is I am offshore and can't appeal I think.

Timeline:

28th December 2017

Restaurant Manager

NSW

Owner has 8 plus business in NSW Still refused on the basis 'GENUINE NEED' F..K man and turnover I don't know about it.

Edited by kanz
  • Sad 2

13 hours ago, kanz said:

I have got my nomination refused on 20th june after f..k in waiting for so long. This country is going to hell seriously guys after waiting 18 months you get the negative decision is really pathetic. The worst part is I am offshore and can't appeal I think.

Timeline:

28th December 2017

Restaurant Manager

NSW

Owner has 8 plus business in NSW Still refused on the basis 'GENUINE NEED' F..K man and turnover I don't know about it.

Omg, it's sooo shocking, m afraid now bcuz m offshore too and m cook in nsw and my agent told me that if I get refusal, we can apply for aat 

15 hours ago, kanz said:

Timeline:

28th December 2017

Restaurant Manager

NSW

Offshore Applicants can not apply for AAT APPEAL for their visa, but your employer can apply for AAT for the NOMINATION..

On 23/06/2019 at 02:23, Manager17 said:

Its very quite from long time 

I dont see any approvals in this forum from last month 

Why its very quite ? 

Anyone have any idea?

There could be many reasons and it seems the EOFY could be one cause or maybe their giving priority to other categories. The reasons could be many we can only merely speculate at the cause, the best is just to be patient...

Edited by Ayudante
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MNT said:

Offshore Applicants can not apply for AAT APPEAL for their visa, but your employer can apply for AAT for the NOMINATION..

I am sorry to hear about your refusal, I know it is difficult 

On 23/06/2019 at 17:42, Umee said:

After refusal of student visa can I apply 187 visa.

thanks

There is very little information to help you with an outright answer. Yes and No, which getting a previous denial doesn't exclude you from making any future applications it will just make it more difficult. The most important question is "genuineness" which will be assessed on your applications. If you move from student to 187 then maybe on your student application you were not fully genuine, but this is just opinion. A lot of factors will be considered and information compared between your various applications to find a common theme.