187 Visa Processing Time

Big bird 12

Hi there.

I have lodged my file in the month of Dec, 2017 under RSMS (direct entry). My file opened in the month of Nov, 2018 and Case officer asked for AFP, police certificate , work experience and medical. It has been  six months now and `file status still shows as “Initial Assesment”. Could you please tell me how much time usually they take to grant visa. There has no update on nomination and visa.

Regards

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Davv said:

Hi Sheb , when did you applied 187 TRT ????? Did immi open your file ????? 

Hi Davv.. haven't applied it yet...Due in October.. getting my docs ready to put in a decision ready application.

40 minutes ago, Sheb said:

Hi Davv.. haven't applied it yet...Due in October.. getting my docs ready to put in a decision ready application.

Better hurry Sheb, in November this visa shuts down. By the way you don't need to apply for 101 child visa if your kid is born abroad. All you need to do is apply to add them on your visa.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mark23 said:

Better hurry Sheb, in November this visa shuts down. By the way you don't need to apply for 101 child visa if your kid is born abroad. All you need to do is apply to add them on your visa.

No, it depends on what visa type he holds at the time of the child’s birth. Children born overseas to permanent resident holders are not automatic citizens or even citizens by descent and therefore have to apply for a permanent visa ie the child 101 visa to enter the country. If they are born onshore to either 1 or both parents with PR, then they are automatically Australian citizens.

Detailed here on home affairs website. 

https://archive.homeaffairs.gov.au/trav/life/chil

Also many other threads on poms in oz where women have gone to their home country to deliver only to find out they can’t return easily with their child.

If the child is born onshore to 457 holder the baby will be on the same visa. (Department has to be informed).

Not sure what happens if the baby is born overseas when the parents are on a 457 though... 

Edited by Wonderingaloud
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Wonderingaloud said:

No, it depends on what visa type he holds at the time of the child’s birth. Children born overseas to permanent resident holders are not automatic citizens or even citizens by descent and therefore have to apply for a permanent visa ie the child 101 visa to enter the country. If they are born onshore to either 1 or both parents with PR, then they are automatically Australian citizens.

Detailed here on home affairs website. 

https://archive.homeaffairs.gov.au/trav/life/chil

Also many other threads on poms in oz where women have gone to their home country to deliver only to find out they can’t return easily with their child.

If the child is born onshore to 457 holder the baby will be on the same visa. (Department has to be informed).

Not sure what happens if the baby is born overseas when the parents are on a 457 though... 

@Wonderingaloud thanks for the clarification, I was under the impression 101 visa's are only citizens adding their children never knew it applies to PR holders too. I have a friend from NZ who was just able to add her son to her 186 visa.... don't know if rules are different for kiwis, didn't ask her all the details but the link you've attached is simply evident enough.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Sheb said:

Hi Sheb, In my opinion you should apply 186 TRT rather then 187 TRT because now a days 186 TRT processing time is very fast . so better you go for 186 TRT . 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mark23 said:

@Wonderingaloud thanks for the clarification, I was under the impression 101 visa's are only citizens adding their children never knew it applies to PR holders too. I have a friend from NZ who was just able to add her son to her 186 visa.... don't know if rules are different for kiwis, didn't ask her all the details but the link you've attached is simply evident enough.

No problem. It’s an interesting rule. The rule only applies to PR holders, Australian citizens children (born offshore) can claim citizenship by descent, so because they are citizens, they cannot hold a visa. PR holders, for whatever reason determined by immigration, don’t have this same right when it comes to their children. Technically, their children could even be denied entry if they fail the medical attached to the 101. 

I’m not sure about your friends circumstances, maybe she applied and added him before it was granted. I don’t know but there are bound to be some unusual circumstances whereby perhaps the rule doesn’t ‘fit’. 

For the purpose of the original poster,@Sheb ) he would be well advised for his child to be born in Australia whether or not he holds PR as it will be so much easier for them as a family. Perhaps relatives can visit to help with the baby?

Edited by Wonderingaloud
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Davv said:

Hi Sheb, In my opinion you should apply 186 TRT rather then 187 TRT because now a days 186 TRT processing time is very fast . so better you go for 186 TRT . 

Sadly its upto the company what they want to give & it has always been 187TRT for everyone before me & i dont think the case would be different for me either. No harm in asking i guess.

4 hours ago, mark23 said:

Hi Davv, Apparently for 457 visas applied before 18th april 2017 & 482 visas applied before 20th march 2019 can use 187trt & the remaining 187 visa application stream will be abolished on 16th november 2019. 

Hello .please mention here.  Visa timeline who is waiting for visa after nomination granted my nomination granted on 12th May and submitted documents on 22nd  May. Direct entry cook waiting from June 2017...

Edited by Sameer 120

14 minutes ago, Harry80 said:

Hey guys what is this mean immigration asked to release my pte score .

0287723D-48AE-4B48-B17C-1015BE1EC48F.jpeg

I believe this means that the department of immigration hasn't been able to verify your score. It would be better if you contact PTE and try and sort this out so that when immigration tries checking on the PTE website they can verify your score.

28 minutes ago, mark23 said:

I believe this means that the department of immigration hasn't been able to verify your score. It would be better if you contact PTE and try and sort this out so that when immigration tries checking on the PTE website they can verify your score.

Hi Mark 

i asked pte and they said they have sent the scores direct to the DOHA . Do u think it will work ??

10 minutes ago, Harry80 said:

Hi Mark 

i asked pte and they said they have sent the scores direct to the DOHA . Do u think it will work ??

I think that should be great...if PTE is going to send ur score to DOHA then U don't need to worry.

10 minutes ago, mark23 said:

I think that should be great...if PTE is going to send ur score to DOHA then U don't need to worry.

Yeah mark 

I contacted them and told them the story so they sent me an confirmation email as well saying that your pte score released to DOHA.

14 hours ago, Harry80 said:

Hey guys what is this mean immigration asked to release my pte score .

0287723D-48AE-4B48-B17C-1015BE1EC48F.jpeg

I think they are asking for the conformation email by PTE. After you share the score to Immigration, PTE will send you a email of order confirmation. You have to send that email too along with your PTE score so that Immigration can verify. 

Edited by Orpheus

Rajat 
You seem so positive towards life.
No friend. This is not true.
I try to train brain to be positive,

But overall I am doing it for all of us
On this forum.

Because none of even our family members
know the invisible stress we have for
Our visa.

I really want all of us to get visa.

• Like 4