187 Visa Processing Time

Big bird 12

3 minutes ago, MilaMocha said:

Do you have any conditions listed on your visa, and if so- what are they?

I couldnt find conditions in the visa grant letter apart from "We have granted you a Regional Employer Nomination (subclass 187) visa". 

Is there any section which is akin to condition but worded differently. Please let me know. 

• Like 1

Good Morning All,
I got the golden email on Monday. 
RCB application approved Dec 2017 [iT Occupation]  (I had to wait until April 2018 to apply for the 187 visa as i didnt have a proper IELTS score)
21st April 2018 - 187 application submitted online
22nd March 2019 - s56 Request for more information - PCC requested
26th March 2019 - Attached PCC document online
6th May 2019 - Visa Grant 
I really thank you guys for replying to the messages and also the forum due to the repository of information. 
Good luck to the guys waiting for the golden email.

Congratulations for your achievement.
Have a great time

Just for my knowledge- Is getting s56 Email a good sign ?

Even if nominations is not approved yet?

Please tell if you know.
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Endlesswait said:

I couldnt find conditions in the visa grant letter apart from "We have granted you a Regional Employer Nomination (subclass 187) visa". 

Is there any section which is akin to condition but worded differently. Please let me know. 

Try logging in into your Visa Entitlement Verification Online (VEVO), this allows visa holders, employers, education providers and other organisations to check visa details and conditions.

VEVO tells you:

• which visa
  • the expiry date
  • the must not arrive after date
  • the period of stay (how long you can stay) 
  • conditions (what you can and can't do).
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, MilaMocha said:

Try logging in into your Visa Entitlement Verification Online (VEVO), this allows visa holders, employers, education providers and other organisations to check visa details and conditions.

VEVO tells you:

• which visa
  • the expiry date
  • the must not arrive after date
  • the period of stay (how long you can stay) 
  • conditions (what you can and can't do).

Thank you for your prompt response.

There are no conditions mentioned in VEVO as well

Work entitlements  - The Visa Holder has unlimited Work Entitlements

Is it that the conditons are the ones mentioned in IMMI website that needs to be taken into consideration but not explicitly mentioned in the visa grant or VEVO. 

13 minutes ago, Rajat Babbar said:

Just for my knowledge- Is getting s56 Email a good sign ?

For me i think so as it tooke me 6 weeks from the time of s56 to my grant. From the forum I see there are few whose s56 was requested and they have been waiting for a long time. I hope they start processing the applications faster. 

4 minutes ago, Endlesswait said:

Thank you for your prompt response.

There are no conditions mentioned in VEVO as well

Work entitlements  - The Visa Holder has unlimited Work Entitlements

Is it that the conditons are the ones mentioned in IMMI website that needs to be taken into consideration but not explicitly mentioned in the visa grant or VEVO. 

If having to work for 2 more years with the sponsor is nowhere mentioned, you don't need to worry if/when/where the business will be moving.

Hi everyone 

i am to ask I applied 187 visa for restaurant and bar manager  in 28 February 2018 and from same business at same date 2 cook positions were also applied. So last month 15 April 2019 nominations of both cook were approved at same date. But mine file is still not opened. But worried please can anyone tell what would be reason why they didn’t picked mine file with them. In business strategy I am head of  both cook and 2 other staff with total number of 5 employees under me. Is there any possibility for restaurant manager to be approved or not?

1 hour ago, MilaMocha said:

If having to work for 2 more years with the sponsor is nowhere mentioned, you don't need to worry if/when/where the business will be moving.

Thanks as always for your reply. 

What if the busines still has an office in the regional centre but is asking only me to shift to Melbourne while still retaining the regional office. Would this be an issue? 

Hi All,

Maybe some useful information to some members on here?

I was contacted yesterday by immi asking about our home country (UK) police checks, in which we already had.

unfortunately if you spend more than 8 weeks back in your home country, you have to reapply / update your home country police certificates.

Anyone is a similar situation, I would suggest updating your overseas police checks.

Hope this helps

Hi Guys finally i can call Australia home i got my golden email yesterday

Here is my timeline

Occupation cook

Case loged 07/17

Documents updated ie police check and medical on 20/02/19 then Documents requested on 8th april 2019 only AFP even tho it was updatedso we update it straight away then documents requested for nomination on 2/05/2019

And got my visa on 7/05/2019

Here is a twist my buisness was on sale from last year but its not sold it was under the same AbN was a very stressful situation for me but finally i am soo happy hope everyone else on this forum will get their visa soon wish you guys luck dont panic just wait the gpod news is on its way 

Edited by Kso93
  • Like 2
  • Congratulations 3

52 minutes ago, Endlesswait said:

Thanks as always for your reply. 

What if the busines still has an office in the regional centre but is asking only me to shift to Melbourne while still retaining the regional office. Would this be an issue? 

As I said, if you have no conditions tied to your visa you can work for any business and in any location.

In your case, as you would be staying with the sponsoring business just relocating as per their request and needs - you absolutely have nothing to worry about.

1 hour ago, MilaMocha said:

As I said, if you have no conditions tied to your visa you can work for any business and in any location.

In your case, as you would be staying with the sponsoring business just relocating as per their request and needs - you absolutely have nothing to worry about.

Thanks a ton MilaMocha. The business has now said they will contact immi and let me know what needs to be done. 

3 minutes ago, Endlesswait said:

Thanks a ton MilaMocha. The business has now said they will contact immi and let me know what needs to be done. 

There is no need to contact IMMI. If you have received both your nomination and visa, that's it, your case is closed.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Endlesswait said:

Esteemed members - I sent the email to my employer and my Employer has sadi they are considering moving to Melbourne instead of the regional office due to some office realignment. Would there be any issue in this as long as i work for the same organisation. 

You have agreed in the application to work in regional Australia for 2 years. If you do not do this the department reserves the right to cancel your visa for not meeting the requirements, irrespective of the reason. 

Furthermore I think when it comes to gaining citizenship they will see where you have been living and what visa you were on and it will show you have not met the requirements which may go against the character side of gaining citizenship. 

I would seek the advice from a registered Mara agent, you do not want to risk what you have worked hard and waited so long for. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, MilaMocha said:

There is no need to contact IMMI. If you have received both your nomination and visa, that's it, your case is closed.

I’m sorry but this is bad advice. 

The whole point of the visa, and the main difference between this and the 186, is that you agree to work in the regional area with the nominated employer for 2 years. Otherwise there would be no differentiation between PR visas- but of course there is. 

You must notify the department and they must be satisfied you made an effort to stay in the area and with the employer. They will probably be reasonable if your employer is transferring to another area, but not telling them, as is the advice above, is risky. 

15 minutes ago, Wonderingaloud said:

I’m sorry but this is bad advice. 

The whole point of the visa, and the main difference between this and the 186, is that you agree to work in the regional area with the nominated employer for 2 years. Otherwise there would be no differentiation between PR visas- but of course there is. 

You must notify the department and they must be satisfied you made an effort to stay in the area and with the employer. They will probably be reasonable if your employer is transferring to another area, but not telling them, as is the advice above, is risky. 

Not all 187 are equal, they differ by the visa conditions tied to the grant letter.

IMMI assesses cases individually and takes into consideration whether an application is lodged from overseas or not, whether the applicant is working with the nominating sponsor at time of submission, how long has the applicant lived and worked in Australia (with this and other businesses, what positions, etc).

It is not all black and white, there are grey areas. 

This specific case that I replied to is a grey area. The risk comes from the employer reporting you to IMMI of breaching your visa conditions. This specific employee has been granted PR, has zero conditions on his visa, and remains with the same employer.

No matter how hard I try I cannot see a risk here.

Edited by MilaMocha
typo
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Endlesswait said:

For me i think so as it tooke me 6 weeks from the time of s56 to my grant. From the forum I see there are few whose s56 was requested and they have been waiting for a long time. I hope they start processing the applications faster. 

what is s56 bro?? 

hi guys i have one question

i received my 187 in march this year..but the problem is that our head chef is harrasing me and bullying..i am more than happy to work in  any other regional area..can i work for another company or i have to stay with the current one..Thanks

34 minutes ago, Happy0005 said:

hi guys i have one question

i received my 187 in march this year..but the problem is that our head chef is harrasing me and bullying..i am more than happy to work in  any other regional area..can i work for another company or i have to stay with the current one..Thanks

You can leave provided you can show proof that you are being bullied, in order to do this you need to get some written statement by other fellow colleagues supporting your claims and put in a formal complaint to the management regarding the head chef outlining the details of your harrassment. You will need to gather substantial evidence to support your claim because if you just say that you are not happy and can't prove the bullying and harrassment then you could be in problem if your employer informs immigration about you leaving the job. All the best I know there are many people out here who go through work place harrassment and just have to tolerate this just because of their sponsorships conditions.

12 hours ago, MilaMocha said:

Not all 187 are equal, they differ by the visa conditions tied to the grant letter.

IMMI assesses cases individually and takes into consideration whether an application is lodged from overseas or not, whether the applicant is working with the nominating sponsor at time of submission, how long has the applicant lived and worked in Australia (with this and other businesses, what positions, etc).

It is not all black and white, there are grey areas. 

This specific case that I replied to is a grey area. The risk comes from the employer reporting you to IMMI of breaching your visa conditions. This specific employee has been granted PR, has zero conditions on his visa, and remains with the same employer.

No matter how hard I try I cannot see a risk here.

Yes but he will not be working in a regional area. And no maybe not all 187’s are entirely equal based on the different ways you can attain one, but essentially the overarching obligation they ALL carry is that the nominated person agrees to:

• Remain employed with your nominating employer IN REGIONAL AUSTRALIA  for a minimum of 2 years

This is from immigration home affairs official website. 

Furthermore, the clue is in the title- it’s a RSMS visa, the ‘R’ standing for regional so there absolutely is a difference between this and the other PR visas. 

A quick google search brought up a number of websites from MARA registered agents which started state clearly in their own way:

‘ RSMS visa enjoys great concession than ENS visa however the RSMS visa is subject to cancellation if the employee does not remain in the regional area or working for the employer for a minimum of 2 years’.

It doesn’t matter what the visa conditions state, it’s an obligation you made when you applied for the visa and as such, the department reserves the right to cancel it if it feels the employer has not met the conditions. 

Having said that, the department may waiver this requirement at their own discretion and so keeping the department informed is absolutely the right thing to do. 

It’s like the state sponsored visas which are being cancelled by the department for people who have gotten the visa and then moved to another state. Yes, they have PR but they too made a commitment to work in the nominating state and didn’t. There are a number of posts about this on the general forums. 

Given his employer is still in a regional area, he might be ok, but you said it yourself- it’s a grey area. Therefore, for clarity, consulting a registered agent would be advisable.

I think it’s irresponsbibe to say ‘if you have your visa, your case is closed’. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Wonderingaloud said:

Yes but he will not be working in a regional area. And no maybe not all 187’s are entirely equal based on the different ways you can attain one, but essentially the overarching obligation they ALL carry is that the nominated person agrees to:

thank you. My employer called up Immi to ask and was told that Immi reserves the right to cancel the visa if such a thing were to occur. Atleast the employer and me have clarity on this, 

10 minutes ago, Endlesswait said:

thank you. My employer called up Immi to ask and was told that Immi reserves the right to cancel the visa if such a thing were to occur. Atleast the employer and me have clarity on this, 

Of course, that's the answer they MUST give. 🙂

The reality is IMMI has zero time and zero resources to deal with people who have been granted PR already, Unless, of course, they do a criminal offence. 

Hi guys my nomination approved in 24 April and co asked for medical and police clearance . All the documents submitted 9th may i don't know what's gonna happen now .. very stressful situation . Visa applied in feb 12  2018