187 Visa Processing Time

Big bird 12

We applied for visa 187 in January 2019. Got news from MA that sponsorship is approved and must do medicals. 3 days later our MA said we must first do TRA skills assesment and must postpone medicals as our HAP id is going to change. What does this mean? 

How long does the skills asessment take?

On 21/04/2019 at 00:07, Kim122017 said:

Congratulation that your nomination approved. only one step you left now. You said you already submitted enough evidence of work but Co requested again. In my case when I applied  TEMPORARY GRADUATE (subclass 485), even though I submitted all the files, sometimes CO requested to get the SAME file again. For example even though I updated Australian police check, CO asked me to resub same file. So in your case, Co might doesn't find out the work evidence file from our folder or want to see more information I guess.

The other question is you have a plan to apply 189 visa, one of my friend applied 187 and 189 at the same time last year and 189 visa granted first (the processing time is much quicker than 187 as everyone know) and at the same time 187 was on the initial assessment. So after 189 visa granted, he withdrew 187. because 187 visa doesn't have 100% guarantee, my friend thought. (but each person's view must be different of course) plus MA also suggested that it's better to withdraw 187 (189 is more safe MA said in my friend's case).

Hope this helps you a little bit.

Thanks , when i applied for visa there is a new rule of 3 year of experience and skill qualifications for the role which means if i am office admin i should have a qualification for the same but i am ICT graduate. So i am bit worried that this might be the reason. So bad i have got master in it even though they think i am not skilled . 

On 21/04/2019 at 01:00, Daveyy said:

We in same boat. Further assessment for almost 2months now. Had lot of expereince that in the field prior to me graduating as a social worker. Then I have 2years and 3month post graduate expereince. All these evidence have been submitted. I am equally worried.  we might be able to support eachother with some expereince 

Hi which position did you applied? Have u got ur nominaion ? Is the expirence before you have applied for your visa ? 

Hi everyone, 

Silent follower here, just wanted to post my timeline to give some hope after receiving a grant last week:

Nomination and visa applied in March 2018

Nomination approved on March 2019 after requesting proof of position being genuine, payslips and contract

Requested medicals, police checks and overseas police clearance

Visa grant 15th April 2019, within 2 hours of sending last remaining document to CO

My occupation is HR Advisor, VIC

Low risk country, national not for profit organisation

Good look!

• Like 1
  • Congratulations 4

2 minutes ago, Lululette said:

Hi everyone, 

Silent follower here, just wanted to post my timeline to give some hope after receiving a grant last week:

Nomination and visa applied in March 2018

Nomination approved on March 2019 after requesting proof of position being genuine, payslips and contract

Requested medicals, police checks and overseas police clearance

Visa grant 15th April 2019, within 2 hours of sending last remaining document to CO

My occupation is HR Advisor, VIC

Low risk country, national not for profit organisation

Good look!

Sorry, damn autocorrect... I obviously meant GOOD LUCK EVERYONE 🙂 

14 hours ago, Rajat Babbar said:

One funny thing...

If nominations are approved in 186 then most likely within 4 weeks your visa is ready..

Unlike 187 which has an eternity wait..

God only knows why they are slowing process.

Infact 187 is only visa in Australia now with the longest wait period.

Your good news is on the way..

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Misa said:

Hi which position did you applied? Have u got ur nominaion ? Is the expirence before you have applied for your visa ? 

Yes nomination approved since Feb 20 and requested evidence of 3years expereince in nominated field. I was nominated as a social worker- have a post qualification expereince of 2years and 3month as the only years my 485visa can carry. Prior I have like 5years of expereince doing similar jobs. All evidence submitted on march 14. Am still waiting, still shows further assessment.

20 hours ago, Ravi patel said:

Hi I have got email for home affairs requesting more documents(afps and medicals).Unfortunately, employer nomination hasn’t been approved yet. Does it happen in many cases??

Thanks 

Hi Ravi. I'm in the same situation. 

applied Feb, 2018

medical requested Mar, 2019

still no new for nomination yet

I thought it is rare case but after reading some posts here, it happens more than I thought. 

• Sad 1

Today I wake to find my immiaccount status has changed from received to finalised... visa GRANTED! Good luck everyone!
Congratulations Eliza.. its a wonderful surprise..

Everyone else . Hello guys where are other good news..
Waiting and waiting to hear more like this.

Have a wonderful time everyone
  • Thanks 1

On 21/03/2019 at 12:43, Randeep Singh said:

My nomination approved on 1st February 2019 and on the same requested docs was AFP,  medical. All submitted by 10 Feb and still waiting....

Anyway I hope so they would say something soon, they can take their time I don't care.

I been working with this company from 4 years now and I would love to work another 3-4 years but still I have to wait then why?

Just chill out and enjoy u r work guys

Thanks all.

Hi Randeep, are you still waiting for your visa ?

Hi all, its Andy here.
Nice to meet you all in this fantastic forum.
As all we know from 1st Nov2019, 187 will be cancelled, but any 187 visa application before that will be accepted and processed as usual.
My future employer just got RCB approval from WA and they will lodge the sponsorship application to immi dept soon.

My question: in this case, does the lodge date of sponsorship to immi dept =187visa application time. or equal to the time I lodge my visa application in immiaccount?
I am so worry abt that as it takes so long time to get sponsorship approval.
Happy to hear any comments.
Cheers.

2 hours ago, Avi13 said:

Applied May 2017 

documents requested 21 March 2019

nomination approved 23 April 2019 

retail manager 

no news for visa file ..

nothing has been asked Yet 

* Retail Manager *

Nomination and Visa Lodged on 23 feb 2018 

Region ACT

Status Received 

no news yet 😭

3 hours ago, Avi13 said:

Applied May 2017 

documents requested 21 March 2019

nomination approved 23 April 2019 

retail manager 

no news for visa file ..

nothing has been asked Yet 

Did they ask you any documents for your visa application and what is your immi account status?

I provided my requested information 3 weeks ago (AFP checks and overseas police checks), and my status is still on Further Assessment.

nomination approved March 2019, Medicals already done and cleared.

we are onshore, transitioned from 457 - 187

Qld, Occupation Sports Instructor

Previous Country UK

Hii all

applied my 187 (rsms) on 12feb 2018 offshore 

As a cook . No news yet

I have provided all my pay slips and other documents like BAS and financial reports since i have lodged an application i am working to that place . Few days ago import my rsms file into my Immi account and i found there is no attachment added to account after lodging an application. I have sent them emails to double check but My agent is on easter hollidays for another one week . Can anyone suggest what should i do now . And also i have got TRA  is it better to provide them ? 

Thanks