187 Visa Processing Time

Big bird 12

Hi all,

Been quite from posting inquiries to this forum for a while, now I’d be much appreciated for anyone who has experienced the same circumstance as I am having, pls feel free to share out.

My application is DE 187- Restaurant Manager, applied in May 2017 in Qld. This recent Wednesday, there were 2 Border force officers coming to our restaurant to interview both me and my owner. Key questions were abt what duties I am doing and any jobs involving me and my owner, or does owner participate in any operations which could be done by me. After all, I guess we both did our best in giving them same answers of the reality was, so it was alright.

Basing on all experience of anyone here in this forum who has been through, do you know how long Immi will get back with their decision on the application.

pls share if you have any info.

Thanks all.

1 hour ago, Ninang said:

Hi all,

Been quite from posting inquiries to this forum for a while, now I’d be much appreciated for anyone who has experienced the same circumstance as I am having, pls feel free to share out.

My application is DE 187- Restaurant Manager, applied in May 2017 in Qld. This recent Wednesday, there were 2 Border force officers coming to our restaurant to interview both me and my owner. Key questions were abt what duties I am doing and any jobs involving me and my owner, or does owner participate in any operations which could be done by me. After all, I guess we both did our best in giving them same answers of the reality was, so it was alright.

Basing on all experience of anyone here in this forum who has been through, do you know how long Immi will get back with their decision on the application.

pls share if you have any info.

Thanks all.

Hello Ninang, did they make a reservation to visit you?

22 hours ago, Daveyy said:

Thanks you did partly well to answer my question, but is this from your expereince or immi advise.

Okay here is my situation. I applied for DE 187 in May, 2018, got my visa and normination file both open 2 days ago with two seperate request, one is to provide " 3 years experience in nominated field along with Australian qualification(s). 

Am a qualified Social worker working in mental health field being working 2years and 3 months now post qualification as a social worker. Prior I have work more than 3years in related field, which is youth work coordinator in NY home country( reference letter already provided in my application submitted in May), more than 1year part tine expereince in Youth work in Australia( ref letter also submitted to this effect). All work expereince references are online with the ANZSCO for social work and infact I did one of my placement as in youth work which tells how much related the field. So am not sure why I have been ask again to provide this, though CO called my Immi lawyer to say they unable to see some of the documents uploaded , requested for re-upload, but am abit unsure how to interpret the request re 3years work expereince.

Sure any advise would help, especially from those going through this issue

Hi Daveyy, well if your case has been opened by the CO...it's good news for sure at least the long deadbeat wait is over now it's just a matter of a short wait. Now getting to your question - I had answered your question based on what is provided by the immigration website but you have to agree that there is a certain grey area which is not clarified and is left open to the case officers' judgement for example some visa's need to show 3years post study work experience after to your qualification when in reality the department only give you a 18 month to 2 year visa on post study work. Then the other example is when they ask for a certain amount of work experience but they don't specify if counts as part-time or overseas, so this is entirely the CO own interpretation. By the way for you it should be a straight forward issue since you can provide both the qualification as well as the 3 years work experience requested (I would resend all my work experience which in your case is more than 3years and a good thing...let the CO sort out and be satisfied rather than him assuming there's insufficient documentation to prove your experience) - so it shouldn't be a problem here and yes sometimes files do get corrupted and you get asked to send them again and again in different formats (this has happened to me 1st hand experience) it's quite frustrating but what else can you do. 

2 hours ago, mark23 said:

Hi Daveyy, well if your case has been opened by the CO...it's good news for sure at least the long deadbeat wait is over now it's just a matter of a short wait. Now getting to your question - I had answered your question based on what is provided by the immigration website but you have to agree that there is a certain grey area which is not clarified and is left open to the case officers' judgement for example some visa's need to show 3years post study work experience after to your qualification when in reality the department only give you a 18 month to 2 year visa on post study work. Then the other example is when they ask for a certain amount of work experience but they don't specify if counts as part-time or overseas, so this is entirely the CO own interpretation. By the way for you it should be a straight forward issue since you can provide both the qualification as well as the 3 years work experience requested (I would resend all my work experience which in your case is more than 3years and a good thing...let the CO sort out and be satisfied rather than him assuming there's insufficient documentation to prove your experience) - so it shouldn't be a problem here and yes sometimes files do get corrupted and you get asked to send them again and again in different formats (this has happened to me 1st hand experience) it's quite frustrating but what else can you do. 

Thanks Mark for your lenghty reply, it did a great relief.

I have been in consultation with the migration act and its interpretations skill and expereince and as you said it does not specify otherwise, so should be good as long as its a task that aline with the ANZCO classfication for the profession equivalent to an award of bachelor degree or masters in the field.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daveyy said:

Thanks Mark for your lenghty reply, it did a great relief.

I have been in consultation with the migration act and its interpretations skill and expereince and as you said it does not specify otherwise, so should be good as long as its a task that aline with the ANZCO classfication for the profession equivalent to an award of bachelor degree or masters in the field.

Yes for sure as long as it's in ANZCO classification they will take your work experience and qualification as a whole. Please do keep us posted when you get your good news. I'm sure it will be pretty soon after you provide immigration with the requested documents. Good luck!!!

3 hours ago, mark23 said:

Yes for sure as long as it's in ANZCO classification they will take your work experience and qualification as a whole. Please do keep us posted when you get your good news. I'm sure it will be pretty soon after you provide immigration with the requested documents. Good luck!!!

I will let the group know. Much appreciated!!

• Thanks 1

Hey guys,

Like most of you I’m waiting on pr. As each month goes by it seems to get more frustrating, as it’s good to see people getting there’s granted, you can’t help but get annoyed finding out they applied 12 months after you did. I know this group is a small portion of the amount of cases in there system. Has anyone tried to contact the minister directly and see can they get any information? I myself am going to write a letter to David Coleman and see can he give any clarification on what the process is and why some are granted a year ahead of others. I will also tell him about this group and give him the link for the spreadsheet. I think it would be a good idea if everyone does this, not an aggressive letter just explaining everyone’s case the more people that do this he might actually look into it. I know most wont but it’s worth a shot. Have a good weekend his details are below:

Minister for Immigration, Citizenship and Multicultural Affairs The Hon. David Coleman MP

PO Box 564, Revesby, NSW, 2212

2 minutes ago, Unknown name said:

Hey guys,

Like most of you I’m waiting on pr. As each month goes by it seems to get more frustrating, as it’s good to see people getting there’s granted, you can’t help but get annoyed finding out they applied 12 months after you did. I know this group is a small portion of the amount of cases in there system. Has anyone tried to contact the minister directly and see can they get any information? I myself am going to write a letter to David Coleman and see can he give any clarification on what the process is and why some are granted a year ahead of others. I will also tell him about this group and give him the link for the spreadsheet. I think it would be a good idea if everyone does this, not an aggressive letter just explaining everyone’s case the more people that do this he might actually look into it. I know most wont but it’s worth a shot. Have a good weekend his details are below:

Minister for Immigration, Citizenship and Multicultural Affairs The Hon. David Coleman MP

🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️

4 hours ago, Unknown name said:

Hey guys,

Could you please share the spreadsheet...would like to have a look thanks

Hi guys

My file has opened on 11th 

Occ- restaurant manager

Requested doc's-P&L,BAS, ORGANISATION CHART, GENUINE POSITION.

My family is in overseas on BVB,

My question is can they stay in overseas at the time of decession or they need to be in Australia.

Thanks

Kumar

23 minutes ago, Kumar said:

Hi guys

Occ- restaurant manager

My question is can they stay in overseas at the time of decession or they need to be in Australia.

Thanks

Kumar

What the exact date did you apply? Do you work for franchise as well as I remember? Thanks

23 minutes ago, Kumar said:

Hi guys

Occ- restaurant manager

Thanks

Kumar

If visa applied onshore, need to stay in Australia for grant. They can wait but u need to notify them time frame. Thanks

15 hours ago, Unknown name said:

Hey guys,

Hi there, I don’t think it’s a good idea to share this page’s link and spreadsheet with them, immigration dept. know what they are doing and how to do their job. You are more than welcome to write a letter to share your case personally with Minister. It’s already a very tuff situation and we should not put more pressure on them. Have faith and patience like everyone else on this forum.

Edited by SSinghV

1 hour ago, Smit said:

Hello everyone, 

I applied 187 visa( as a baker )   last year in feb . 

RCB approved in June 2018 . (State NSW )

Wating for PR from 12 months. 

Any one on the same boat 🚣‍♀️ 

thanks 

have a great weekend.

Feb 2018 cook 

Received 

• Congratulations 1

Cook vic de

rcb april 2017

may 2017 nom visa together

22jan 2019 nomination approved same day only asked for medical it was done in the same week! It’s been 5 weeks still shows further assessment! Just Waiting for a good news! Don’t know how long it’s gonna be! 

Still waiting!

• Like 1
  • Congratulations 1

3 hours ago, Smit said:

Hello everyone, 

thanks 

have a great weekend.

Same here Smit... exactly same timeline applied for nomination and visa in Feb 2018. RCB approved in June 2018 from NSW. 12months waiting.

1 minute ago, mark23 said:

Same here Smit... exactly same timeline applied for nomination and visa in Feb 2018. RCB approved in June 2018 from NSW. 12months waiting.

Same timeline mate. Nomination approve jan 2019. Status now: further assessment

• Congratulations 1

2 hours ago, Logan said:

Same timeline mate. Nomination approve jan 2019. Status now: further assessment

Hi Logan have U applied from NSW too and is ur occupation a baker too? Have u done ur medicals and police clearance yet??

Edited by mark23
More detail

2 hours ago, Cook May2017 said:

Cook vic de

rcb april 2017

may 2017 nom visa together

22jan 2019 nomination approved same day only asked for medical it was done in the same week! It’s been 5 weeks still shows further assessment! Just Waiting for a good news! Don’t know how long it’s gonna be! 

Still waiting!

When did u upload the materials required for further assessment 

5 hours ago, Smit said:

Hello everyone, 

thanks 

have a great weekend.

Have you done your medicals and police checks yet??