187 Visa Processing Time

Big bird 12

Hi guys

After spending years trawling through PIO website I finally have reason to post.

I have recently been offered A job & RSMS visa (187) in Canbera :biggrin:

My problem is I was much more familiar with the 119 visa but sine July 1st that has all changed.

I am wondering is there anybody out there in the process of applying for the 187 visa and if so can you tell me how long it might take to be processed ect..

My friend recently went out on the old 119 visa and it only took 5 or 6 weeks..

Also is there any major changes to this visa that I may have missed..

just worried I may no longer be eligable or something..

i won't believe all this is happening until we are actually in oz I think..

Thanks for you advice

Bigbird

• 5 weeks later...

Hi. Sorry cant offer any processing time info, but figured I'd wait it out with you (and anyone else who cares to join us). My OH accepted a job offer in Perth - so far the employer has had an acknowledgement of a valid nomination (on the 4th October) but that's it. Guess we're waiting for its approval, however our MA has already submitted our initial application with DIAC's agreement as my OH was 50 in late September and we had to try and avert complications with his age. Not sure how long before the approval is received and our case officer assigned, although employer is desperate to get us there as he has a back-log of work building up! Will be great to get the invite to do our meds and police checks but just in limbo just now. How are things progressing with you since your first post?

Hey guys here is my timeline, hope it is of any help to you people :)

RCB lodged 16 April 2012

RCB approved 16 May 2012

Nomination (NON DRC) Lodged 21 May 2012

Nomination Approved 1st Oct 2012

Visa 187 (DRC) Lodged 7 Oct 2012

No acknowledgement Letter received yet, how ever they say it can take up to 10 days to receive one

Great to here from others in a similar boat. Still no news from my end yet. Things are taking a lot longer to get moving than I expected:(

I'm a bit slow off the mark so can someone explained the abbreviations to me.

What does RCB mean?

Also DCR & Non DCR?

What is the length of time you expect to be waiting on your visa.

I haven't employed the services of a MA so I'm hoping I will manage ok.

Look forward to keeping in touch.

Bigbird

Hi all,

Here is my timeline so far, applying for Perth post 1 July 2012.

Hope it helps.

Submitted Subclass 187 Visa Application via agent (Nomination was previously lodged and approved): 7 September 2012

Acknowledgement letter: 18 September 2012

Medicals requested: 10 October 2012

Case officer assigned: 10 October 2012

Additional documents requested: 11 October 2012

Thanks

Stelol1

Hi Big bird

Ive been waiting on this post for ages couldnt find anyone who was processing the new 187 visa, i got my job offer back in april this year but due to the skill assesment its just dragged on and on all paper work has been sent to my agent and just waiting on her sorting a fiew things out with the employer so should be submitting over the next fiew weeks ill keep everyone posted as i know that all applications recieved before 1st july have very long processing times hope they have a different team on the new system fingers crossed :-)

Great to here from others in a similar boat. Still no news from my end yet. Things are taking a lot longer to get moving than I expected:(

I'm a bit slow off the mark so can someone explained the abbreviations to me.

What does RCB mean?

Also DCR & Non DCR?

What is the length of time you expect to be waiting on your visa.

I haven't employed the services of a MA so I'm hoping I will manage ok.

Look forward to keeping in touch.

Bigbird

Hey Big Bird RCB means Regional certifying body, DRC mean Decision ready Checklist - which basically means that the file you lodge is ready for the case officer to decide. A DRC file is normally lodged with all the documents upfront. Such as Police clearance, medicals and all the documents. The process is simple and straight forward, all the information is provided on Immigrations website, so I am sure you will be fine without the MA. However a decision ready file can only be lodged by a MA....

What stage of the process are you at...

Hi all,

Here is my timeline so far, applying for Perth post 1 July 2012.

Hope it helps.

Submitted Subclass 187 Visa Application via agent (Nomination was previously lodged and approved): 7 September 2012

Acknowledgement letter: 18 September 2012

Medicals requested: 10 October 2012

Case officer assigned: 10 October 2012

Additional documents requested: 11 October 2012

Thanks

Stelol1

Hey Stelol did you lodge a decision ready file??? and whats your occupation.. if you don't mind..

Hi Jaskiratsingh,

My application was lodged decision ready and is submitted for a diesel mechanic.

thanks

Thanks Stelol,

My application was submitted as decision ready on 7th October. So far I have not received the acknowledgement letter. Hopefully somebody will look at it soon.. I have uploaded all the documents as well.. from medical to PCC to form 80 and every thing. My occupation is welfare worker. Lets see how long each of us have to wait.. Good luck every one :)

Regards

Jaskirat

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all your updates & advice! I'm still waiting on my nomination to be approved( employer taking forever to get info together:arghh:)

Im applying offshore, so not sure if that's gonna take longer to process! I'm so disappointed its taking so long to get visa approval now, b4 July 1st my friend had her's through in a few weeks! Now i hear its taking from 6-9 mths!! I was sure I'd be out for Christmas. It's now looking like I won't even get out by Feb. to start my kids at the beginning of the school year! So frustrating..

Im finding it a lot harder to get info. on the new visa process,.. It's all processed online so I can't even find a a hard copy application form. I'm wondering is the same info required as before July 1st? Still have copy of old app form.. Just want to make sure i have all the information ready when my nomination is approved! It won't let me begin my online application until my nomination is approved:-(

Hope things are moving along for all you guys..

keep us posted

Regards

Bigbird

Hey guys, is any one able to tell me about subclass 187, how long it is suppose to take for them to issue acknowledgment letter. My MA lodged DRC 187 on 7 oct and so far we have not received the acknowledgment letter. I wonder how long they will take just for that..

Thanks

I saw this yesterday on the RSMS timeline post -

The timeframes for acknowledgement letters, bridging visas and entry into VEVO are:

[TABLE=class: cms_table]

[TR]

[TD]Processing Centre[/TD]

[TD]Nominations[/TD]

[TD]Visas[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Parramatta[/TD]

[TD]3 weeks[/TD]

[TD]7 weeks[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Melbourne[/TD]

[TD]3 weeks[/TD]

[TD]3 weeks[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Perth[/TD]

[TD]1 week[/TD]

[TD]1 week[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

NICE TO SEE U ALL HERE. I JUST STARTED THE PROCESS, SO I THOUGHT BETTER BE IN TOUCH WITH YOU GUYZ. I APLLIED TO THE ADELAIDE RCB ON 26/10/12 ..............SO WAIT BEGINS................STAY IN TOUCH GUYZ..................THANKS:cool::cool:

What occupation have you applied for?

Hi,

Applying for RSMS in Perth DRC, nomination submitted 3rd Sep and still waiting for approval before application can be submitted. Currently on a WHV and 6 months with my current employer is approaching in 3 weeks!

hi neepops, are you waiting for rcb approve or employer nomination? i have just logded rcb on 22/10, look like i have to wait 1-2 month for approval... by the way what is yr position? thanks

Hey guys, A new weak starts today, hopefully we will start getting acknowledgment letter's from today onwards. I have passed the 3 week period for acknowledgment letters and entering the 4th week now.. :( waiting kills, specially when the applications is lodged DRC... if anyone hears any thing, keep us all informed guys.. good luck..

NICE TO SEE U ALL HERE. I JUST STARTED THE PROCESS, SO I THOUGHT BETTER BE IN TOUCH WITH YOU GUYZ. I APLLIED TO THE ADELAIDE RCB ON 26/10/12 ..............SO WAIT BEGINS................STAY IN TOUCH GUYZ..................THANKS:cool::cool:

Whats your occupation sands87, I applied at the Adelaide RCB as well in march and at that time it took them 35 days to process my application. Hopefully you will get yours soon.. good luck take care

Whats your occupation sands87, I applied at the Adelaide RCB as well in march and at that time it took them 35 days to process my application. Hopefully you will get yours soon.. good luck take care

bro my occupation is cook. thanks for this valuable information. i think they shouldn't be very busy right now. hopefully will get it soon. all the best.

hi neepops, are you waiting for rcb approve or employer nomination? i have just logded rcb on 22/10, look like i have to wait 1-2 month for approval... by the way what is yr position? thanks

The RCB was submitted on 3rd September and approved on 22nd October. It's my partner visas, I shall be de-facto, he is business analyst. Application being submitted tomorrow.

Just spoke with our MA and he advised that immi system is unable to differentiate the DRC and non DRC applications and they are therefore scanning through each applications and working through the ones that seem to have all the documents in place.

Finally have an application lodged.....here goes the wait for CO!

That's great news neepops, hope things move along fast for you.

I'm still waiting on nomination.

Hope things are moving along nicely for everyone.

Keep us posted!

Look forward to see the first visa approval post, it will keep us all going:-)

Bigbird

great stuff neepops, keep us updated with what happens.

for me its been 4 weeks since I applied for the visa, So far I havent even received the acknowledgment letter, Contacted immigration today and they said that i can hope to get it by the end of this month.. I was like 2 months just to get the acknoweldgement letter :( and they were like, yeah we have to transfer applications manually and we have been very busy..