187 Visa Processing Time

Big bird 12

Hi my nomination file open today department request clarification regarding  company documents . Pls anyone tell me any big issues or just normal..

Do u mind if I can ask abt what documents they ask for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Sandeep mehra said:

Hi my nomination file open today department request clarification regarding  company documents . Pls anyone tell me any big issues or just normal..

Hi Sandeep,

You gave hope to all retail managers in this group. I wish you all the best for approval without any hassle. They may ask for latest audited BAS and Balance sheet of company.

May I know your processing centre.?

And its my humble request to you that please keep sharing your update till approval.  

Dont worry bro, Happy days are on the way for you and your family.

Thanks

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Fran said:

What will be the condition of undecided 187 visa applications by March 1

I'll repost what I wrote previously. This of course would be most relevant to those occupations which are not present on the MLTSSL, however with the other changes we also don't know too much as yet. I would expect some guidance from the department in the next few months. 

I've asked this question of both the department, and of several migration agents, as well as an open post in this forum. There is currently no guidance in regards to this. The PAM3 states that under DE, this is a time of decision requirement not time of application, however there appears to be disagreement among MA's. We will just have to wait for further guidance. 

The worst case scenario is that they enact similar restrictions to what happened in the 457 situation, allowing those no longer eligible to withdraw their applications for a refund. This is of course of little solace to those who paid for police checks, medical exams etc.

TLDR; We just don't know right now. 

16 hours ago, barker said:

I'll repost what I wrote previously. This of course would be most relevant to those occupations which are not present on the MLTSSL, however with the other changes we also don't know too much as yet. I would expect some guidance from the department in the next few months. 

I've asked this question of both the department, and of several migration agents, as well as an open post in this forum. There is currently no guidance in regards to this. The PAM3 states that under DE, this is a time of decision requirement not time of application, however there appears to be disagreement among MA's. We will just have to wait for further guidance. 

The worst case scenario is that they enact similar restrictions to what happened in the 457 situation, allowing those no longer eligible to withdraw their applications for a refund. This is of course of little solace to those who paid for police checks, medical exams etc.

Please send me the PAM3 link. An immigration consultant informed me that any application lodged before March will not be affected but am still doubting his advice.

Actually the department is still granting visa for the removed occupations as long as the application was lodged before the change. There is no doubt about the statement that the change won’t be impacting the application lodged before.

Sent using Poms in Oz mobile app
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Cippalippa said:

My migration agent said the same.

Here are the relevant sections. Basically it's stating that Reg 5.19 is a time of decision requirement and not a time of application requirement. Now as some MA's have said this is policy and not law, however it certainly is a troubling interpretation of the law on DIBP's part. As we all know in March 2018 the MLTSSL will replace the current legislative instrument, once this occurs, based on this it appears they could deny unapproved nominations. 

What I'm getting at is that no one besides the DIBP can guarantee how they will process these. To do so is disingenuous. 

The final paragraph is the most damning one in that it specifies the time of decision rule. 

10.3.3 Approvable occupations specified in the latest legislative instrument

For RSMS any occupation with a skill level within ANZSCO skill levels 1 to 3 may be nominated.

Regulation 5.19(4)(h)(i)(A) (ENS Direct Entry stream) and Regulation 5.19(4)(h)(ii)(D) (RSMS Direct Entry stream) provide that the delegate must be satisfied that the nominated occupation and its corresponding 6-digit code correspond to an occupation and its corresponding 6-digit code specified in a legislative instrument. In practice, this means that:

when assessing nominations under Regulation 5.19(4)(h)(i)(A) delegates must confirm that the nominated occupation is included on the Medium and Long term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL) or the Short term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL), which lists occupations that can be approved in relation to permanent employer sponsored nominations under the ENS Direct Entry stream;
when assessing nominations under Regulation 5.19(4)(h)(ii)(D) delegates must confirm that the nominated occupation is included in the legislative instrument in relation to permanent employer sponsored nominations under the RSMS Direct Entry stream.
delegates must be satisfied that the tasks of the nominated position effectively align with the tasks for that occupation as outlined in the Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations (ANZSCO).

Important:

As of 19 April 2017, the legislative instrument referred to above contains two schedules, the MLTSSL, which replaced the former Skilled Occupation List (SOL), and the STSOL which replaced the Consolidated Sponsored Occupation List (CSOL).
Occupations listed in Schedule 1 (MLTSSL) and Schedule 2 (STSOL) to the instrument are eligible for the PESE ENS Direct Entry stream. A full list of these occupations is available on the Department’s website.
Some occupations on the list are restricted to certain situations via a caveat - refer to legislative instrument
The list can change with occupations being removed or added. If the legislative instrument has changed since the application was made, officers should confirm that the nominated occupation is specified in the current legislative instrument. If the nominated occupation is not listed on the current legislative instrument at the time of making the decision, the nomination cannot be approved.

The STSOL and MLTSSL will be updated every six months based on advice from the Department of Employment. Listed caveats will provide additional requirements or exclusions for a number of listed occupations. Since Regulation 5.19 are time of decision requirements, this can mean that an occupation on the STSOL and MLTSSL at the time of lodgement is either no longer on these lists or is further constrained by caveats at time of decision and therefore cannot be approved. In these instances applicants will be afforded the opportunity to withdraw the nomination and associated visa application. The improved agility of the STSOL and MLTSSL to respond to ‘on the ground’ labour market conditions will strengthen the skilled migration programme to react to real-time skill shortages. The STSOL and MLTSSL continues to cover a range of managerial, professional, technical and trade occupations at ANZSCO skill levels 1, 2 and 3.

Edited by barker

Hi every one i have been asilent follower of this forum, i have received email today from migration agent thats my nomination has been refused, for position as a cook, 

Reason was due to financial situation case officer isnt satisfied with the financial statements of 2015 and 2016, 

Thinks my employer cant afford to pay me.

Position cook

Applied nomination 26th april 2016

I might have to withdraw my visa application within 28 days, aat is an option but i am not considering it coz my employer seem a bit dodgy.

Just wondering how long can it take for a decision of aat if any one have had experience? 

Luckily i still have my student visa.

Good luck every one and congs to lucky ones who got their PRs

Hi every one i have been asilent follower of this forum, i have received email today from migration agent thats my nomination has been refused, for position as a cook, 

Reason was due to financial situation case officer isnt satisfied with the financial statements of 2015 and 2016, 

Position cook

I might have to withdraw my visa application within 28 days, aat is an option but i am not considering it coz my employer seem a bit dodgy.

Just wondering how long can it take for a decision of aat if any one have had experience? 

Sorry to hear that. Is the business not making any money or just not enough according to the case officer?

Hi everyone,
I contacted immi last Thursday and they have sent my file to team 7 for processing. Could anybody explain what's the team 7 and which state it relates from?
My time line
Nom and visa 09 may 2016 hr country onshore.
Occupation manager.

Also a bad news, one of my friends got refused last Friday just cause of non genuine position. However he's the owner of business and going for appeal next week.
His time line
Nom and visa 26 April 2016 hr country onshore
Occupation car wash manger.

Hopefully everyone's day will come soon. Guys don't lose hope,be strong and brave.
I

Sent from my iPhone using PomsinOz

Hi everyone,
I contacted immi last Thursday and they have sent my file to team 7 for processing. Could anybody explain what's the team 7 and which state it relates from?
My time line
Nom and visa 09 may 2016 hr country onshore.
Occupation manager.

Also a bad news, one of my friends got refused last Friday just cause of non genuine position. However he's the owner of business and going for appeal next week.
His time line
Nom and visa 26 April 2016 hr country onshore
Occupation car wash manger.

Hopefully everyone's day will come soon. Guys don't lose hope,be strong and brave.
I

Sent from my iPhone using PomsinOz
your occupation plz

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, teg187cook said:

Position cook

Hi 

Do you mind share other information?

such as turnover per year? No. of employees?

Thanks