187 Visa Processing Time

Big bird 12

Good day everyone. I posted this issue of mine on another thread but found no luck on getting some feedback.

Please I need your help everyone…

Curently, I am on a 475 Visa. Approved April 2011 and activated here in SA June 2011. I was luckily employed full-time since July 2011.

Last February 2012, my employer was willing to sponsor me for a PR visa (857 that time). Getting a PR visa sooner, the better for me and my family as a whole. We really wanted to be settled here in Australia and so I grabbed the opportunity.

Processing of the application and sourcing out needed documents started Feb 2012. Sad to say some delays were encountered during the processing. HR in charge went for holidays, documents submitted by company to agent were incomplete, some incorrectly filled up and many other issues.

As new policies were issued on July 1, 2012, I needed to take IELTS as my previous IELTS result used during the Skills Assessment was already expired. (Other added time and expense incurred)

To cut the story short, FORMAL VISA LODGMENT (187 DRC) only took place Oct., 2012. Visa acknow. Received Nov. 2012. No news since then..

Now I got questions in mind that bothers me. I am only about 3 months away to satisfy the 2–year condition stay with the 475 visa so I will be qualified to apply for the 2nd stage of the visa (887) by then.

1). If in case my 187 visa won’t still be approved until June, can I lodged a separate PR Visa 887?

2). On the other hand, if my 187 visa got approved before June 2013, can I still apply for 887 Visa?

It may sound weird but just to have a security for myself and to be free of conditions to my employer. In fairness No problems with employer so far. Happy with the job and pay. But nobody knows though what happens in the future.

Please be kind to give your feedbacks.

Thanking in advance.

Oohhhhh tricky one. I'm not sure how long the 887 visas are taking to be issued at the moment, which would probably help in deciding.

If your rsms visa hasn't been granted you can certainly cancel that one and apply for the other. In 'some' instances you can get away with only paying one fee, but you will have to look closer to see if this is one of those cases.

Once you have pr I don't believe you can just cancel it, might be worth talking to an agent about that as it is a bit of an unusual situation.

Good luck.

Oohhhhh tricky one. I'm not sure how long the 887 visas are taking to be issued at the moment, which would probably help in deciding.

If your rsms visa hasn't been granted you can certainly cancel that one and apply for the other. In 'some' instances you can get away with only paying one fee, but you will have to look closer to see if this is one of those cases.

Once you have pr I don't believe you can just cancel it, might be worth talking to an agent about that as it is a bit of an unusual situation.

Good luck.

Thank you so much for the feedback blossom. I think 887 is taking longer nowadays too like rsms compared before. Standard processing time is 6 months too. It is just that 887 has no conditions at all when granted.

Regards

No contact no news nothing. Application lodged 31st October

So Frustrating. We had our medicals start of Jan. MA hasn't heard anything so am I right in assuming if they were referred I would know by now?? There would be no reason to refer but that doesn't matter in this system it seems. I asked for password to check on line status but was told its no use as all our application will say is in progress until its granted?

So Frustrating. We had our medicals start of Jan. MA hasn't heard anything so am I right in assuming if they were referred I would know by now?? There would be no reason to refer but that doesn't matter in this system it seems. I asked for password to check on line status but was told its no use as all our application will say is in progress until its granted?

We had our medicals August last year and haven't heard anything from them or even know if they have been referred (presume they haven't) Also asked for the password but haven't been given it.

Just have to keep patient and hope in the next few months we'll be contacted! Our agent doesn't seem too forthcoming with information. Frustrating!

Hi Guys

My employer lodge my RSMS 187 nomination in December 2012 with approved RCB. Since then my application is in progress status . I was waiting for the nomination and planing to lodge a ready .My visa expiring this month so I have to now lodge my application to get a bridging visa. Dose anybody have any idea how much time a stand alone nomination normally takes? My employer contracted immigration and they said they are still working on Paper based application.

LOLS :biggrin:

I recon it's gonna take more then 6 months to get my nomination approval only. One month ago they told me they haven't even touched my application. But everyone in this forum is on the same boat so pretty relaxing as I'm not the only one in this waiting world.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm also very curious if anyone has a 187 update! Please... for mine and everyone else's sanity, share whatever you have! I'm going crazy here. There must be some 187's being processed... Almost 6.5 months and still no CO. Timeframe for 187 is 6 months... :swoon:

Hi Sonic,

I am just about to go past the 6 month time frame next week.

Lodged DRC 187 Parramatta Low Risk Country in September 2012.

My MA said that their office still has applications from July/August that still have not been assigned CO’s.

Don’t really know what to do or think anymore to be honest!

Could be tomorrow….. or could be another 6 months…. Who knows! :twitcy:

Hi all,

PERTH OFFICE

RCB - MAY 12

TRA (took 12 weeks -OCT 10TH 12

LODGED VISA - OCT 19TH 12

ACK LETTER - NOV 19TH 12

NO NEWS AT ALL, DR (except medicals to be requested) 26 YRS EXPERIENCE HAIRDRESSER

22 WEEKS TODAY ARRRRRRRRR SO JUST OVER 5 MONTH MARK

ANY FEEDBACK WOULD BE GREAT

Su

Hi

I sent a blank email to immigration on Wednesday. They have some system issues with Decision Ready applications. It says

At the moment our system is not readily identifying applications declared as*“Decision Ready”*by a registered migration agent. As an interim measure we suggest that you send an email to the relevant processing office mailbox advising that the application is decision ready with the TRN number highlighted in the subject line. *Please ensure that the application is decision ready.

So contact your MA for this if you lodged a decision ready application.

Hi

I sent a blank email to immigration on Wednesday. They have some system issues with Decision Ready applications. It says

At the moment our system is not readily identifying applications declared as*“Decision Ready”*by a registered migration agent. As an interim measure we suggest that you send an email to the relevant processing office mailbox advising that the application is decision ready with the TRN number highlighted in the subject line. *Please ensure that the application is decision ready.

So contact your MA for this if you lodged a decision ready application.

can u pls provide me with the immi. email id (where u sent the blank email) many thanks

some updates guys,

As I posted previously, our application was submitted in early Oct and two days ago, DIAC admin replied my bf's inquiry email saying our case was just allocated to an case officer Simon, and he might contact us at some point... But when i called my agent, he had no idea about this. So we are not sure if our app was really allocated and is in process or not..

i got a chinese friend submitted his nomination and visa app together on 2 Nov(Parramatta office, bistro cook), was contacted by CO a week ago, whose nomination was approved successfully. As required,

he submitted some supporting documents and hopefully his visa will get granted soon!

His coworker , who was also sponsored by this restaurant, submitted 1 day before him, but got his 187 visa granted 2weeks ago!

So apparently DIAC is not doing stuff in timing order.. And it has not much to do with low/high rick countries. Even though ours are all DRC they choose the more reliable agents, or good reputaion firms, assessing those in the first time.. (as i think)

nomination application submitted 12th Sep 2012,

still says application received

is this normal !!!

I applied on the 11th of September - Melbourne non-DRC low-risk. Mine also still says Application received and no CO :(

Congratulations annybaobao33!! You are very very lucky to have had your visa granted that quickly!

the only changes after 1 july are 6 each in ielts... amount which will be mentioned in contract must be based on market price..and its all online now.. in most cases acknowledgement letters sent same day by immi, when you apply online...my co-worker applied 119 ( DR) on 28 June and he got his visa on 17 march in perth office..and he is from high risk country...paramatta office is fastest at the moment ..melbourne is second ..perth is slowest for rsms....

the only changes after 1 july are 6 each in ielts... amount which will be mentioned in contract must be based on market price..and its all online now.. in most cases acknowledgement letters sent same day by immi, when you apply online...my co-worker applied 119 ( DR) on 28 June and he got his visa on 17 march in perth office..and he is from high risk country...paramatta office is fastest at the moment ..melbourne is second ..perth is slowest for rsms....

It has always been that your salary had to be at least award rate. Mine was studied to check this pre changes. Some people also have to do a skills assessment now which they didn't have to do previously.