Medicals

EmmaGiggles85

I'm no emigration expert, but I would have thought that hypothyroidism would be treated, from an immigration perspective, similarly to diabetes.  Both are going to require long-term treatment with cheap medication. The visa category you are applying for will have an impact as the calculations are based on how much you will cost the healthcare service over a certain period of time, so non-permanent residence visas have more leeway.  If you are otherwise fit and healthy I think you should be alright but if you have co-morbidities then it would complicate things. Probably worth getting some paid-for advice as everyone's medical history is different and where one person got through/rejected, someone similar may have the opposite response.

Nope, I have it, passed no problem, I have actually had mine removed and now have to take Thyroxine for life  It is not something that will cost Australia a lot of money, you pay for your own prescriptions here. Depending on your dose for example 100mg will cost you about $25-30 for 200 tablets depending on what chemist you use.

Edited by AJ