186 Visa - Migration Agent Fees and Recommendations

Hi all,

Hope you can offer me some advice/insight. I'm looking to apply for the 186 visa as I have an employer in Brisbane willing to sponsor me as a copywriter. I engaged in conversation with a migration agent who strongly agreed with this route but the fees that they've quoted seem to be quite high - approximately 12k AUD. This also includes assistance with the skills assessment so I do realise that it's a very thorough service, but I wanted to see if this is a reasonable cost or if anyone has had positive experiences with other agents at a more affordable cost and would recommend them? Any assistance or advice or insight is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance 

28 minutes ago, Madhatterss said:

Hi all,

Hope you can offer me some advice/insight. I'm looking to apply for the 186 visa as I have an employer in Brisbane willing to sponsor me as a copywriter. I engaged in conversation with a migration agent who strongly agreed with this route but the fees that they've quoted seem to be quite high - approximately 12k AUD. This also includes assistance with the skills assessment so I do realise that it's a very thorough service, but I wanted to see if this is a reasonable cost or if anyone has had positive experiences with other agents at a more affordable cost and would recommend them? Any assistance or advice or insight is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance 

For people to assist, you should give more details.

Does the cost include the lodgement fees for the skills, nomination and visa applications and how many people are included in the application.?

Lodgement fees alone could be close to $10,000 for a family of four. 

3 hours ago, Raul Senise said:

Does the cost include the lodgement fees for the skills, nomination and visa applications and how many people are included in the application.?

Hi Raul, 

I'm not too sure what a lodgement fee is but I do not believe this is covered. I'd be moving over alone so the fee just covers me.

The fee is broken down into:

• The nomination fee ($540)
  • The skill assessment fee ($880)
  • The visa application fee ($3,670)
  • Medical test 
  • Character/police check 
  • Management fee ($6,600)

Thanks 

hi RAUL,

hope you doing well !!

can you help me with one thing that my rcb rda central west NSW replied to my employer,that everything is ok with all documents, but they require employment contact once again. could you please tell me is there going to be an issue in relation to my RCB restaurant manager,offshore,coz they asked for contract again.

please reply me thanks.

9 hours ago, Raul Senise said:

hi raul,

hope you doing well !!

can you help me with one thing that my rcb rda central west NSW replied to my employer,that everything is ok with all documents, but they require employment contact once again. could you please tell me is there going to be an issue in relation to my RCB restaurant manager,offshore,coz they asked for contract again.

please reply me thanks.

8 minutes ago, abhvor87700 said:

Well, I’m a migration agent now post my 186 grant! I’m a principal of the firm and would be more than happy to assist. Once again, feel free to drop a private message and I would be happy to help.

Trying to PM you but I'm not able to. I've messaged admins to find out why - I keep getting an error message. As soon as I hear back I'll message :)

20 hours ago, Madhatterss said:

Hi Raul, 

I'm not too sure what a lodgement fee is but I do not believe this is covered. I'd be moving over alone so the fee just covers me.

The fee is broken down into:

• The nomination fee ($540)
  • The skill assessment fee ($880)
  • The visa application fee ($3,670)
  • Medical test 
  • Character/police check 
  • Management fee ($6,600)

Thanks 

A fee of $6,600 to prepare and lodge a skills assessment, nomination application and visa application is quite reasonable and within the average range. 

4 minutes ago, abhvor87700 said:

Hi Raul,

I didn’t realise that you were the RMA who had provided the quote. I’ll back off as you provided them with a quote first :) Apologies and All the best!

Abhishek - MARN: 1685881.

I have not provided them a quote.

They simply asked if the cost they had been quoted (by whom I do not know) was reasonable. I asked for more details and provided my opinion. 

I have been on this forum for many years providing advice when required. I have never touted for business or told a forum member to contact me for a quote in response to a post.

You are free to do as you please, although I recommend that you disclose that you are an RMA on your signature. Out of courtesy I would also recommend that you contact a forum Administrator to make yourself known to them. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, SUPERSTARDJ01 said:

Seems a bit much, ours is around £2200 ish for all of that plus they did my wife's anmac application, the assessment was completely free.

Hi there,

thanks for your feedback! Could you please clarify what an anmac is? Also, would you be able to share with me details of your agent? Hope that’s ok - happy to pm