186 Application Advice

Hey. I've been working in Australia since March 2013 on a 417 which I migrated to a 457 in January 2014. 

I'm in the process of applying for a 186. The nomination was lodged on the 30th November 2016 & approved on 28 June 2017.

I currently have two issues with regards to completing the application:

• There is a question during application: “Has any applicant overstayed a visa in any country (including Australia)?”

Unfortunately the answer to the first is YES. I overstayed my South African tourist visa by 1-5 days (can confirm) in 2010 - this was due to having to book a later flight with friend.

• The visa is asking for a skills assessment - “Does the application have a suitable skills assessment from the relevant assessing authority, which is ont for a Subclass 485 (Temporary Graduate) visa?”

I’d like to know whether it’s necessary to undertake a skills assessment? Since I have worked for the current employer for 4+

Any help & or further advice will be greatly appreciated. 

Cheers. 

MT

Hi Richard - quick question - why would the OP need a skills assessment if they were doing a 186 in the TRT stream from a 457 with the same employer? I don't see that in the Regs.

What have I missed?

Cheers

Edited by LeMain

On 10/19/2017 at 18:28, Mark Turner said:

I'd also like to know whether it's necessary to attach all documents requested for the visa application, or whether I should just wait for immigrations to request specific documents?

Immigration may make their decision based on the documents that have been submitted (with the exception of the police and health checks which they will request when needed), so it's usually recommended that you upload all the required documents to support your application.

Hi Everyone.

Hope you all are doing well.

i need your feedback in relation to my application as i can see you are experience migration agent and you are helping in this forum.

i applied my 186 ENS TRT in COOK, in May immigration officers came to visit my workplace and they took my interview and my manager interview.

my manager was new on job so he didnt know about past years so he didnt give correct answer and at the end of the day his and mine statement not same.

after 3 month means last week they send me letter of "Invitation to comment on adverse information for a nomination application for a ENS nomination"  regarding my application.

they concerned about i am working part time /casual instead of full time and training benchmarks have not been met by the nominator so i am going to provide them last 3 years PAYG & Notice of Assessment from ATO and for training benchmark i am going to put my previous owner's statutory declaration  as he paid training benchmark fees and etc

so can you suggest me this evidence are enough to satisfy case officer question? 

my friends suggest me take it positive way, case officer in your favor tats why  you got chance otherwise now days they rejecting files without any reason. 

so  what do you think everyone?? will i take positively?? because i am working full time over there, i attached all up to date BAS,PAYG etc

your answer or comment much appreciated.

Thanks 

Eli

15 hours ago, Mark Turner said:

Thanks @MaggieMay24 for the response. By the looks of things all the documents are recommended. So I'm struggling to identify which documents are used to make a decision besides police and health checks.

Screen Shot 2017-10-30 at 17.34.21.png

The application system suggests a lot of unnecessary documents and some that no longer exist (Decision Ready Checklist hasn't been used for at least 3-4 years).  I'd refer to the DIBP website for the document checklist as it's a pretty good summary of the information they will need:  http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/186-?modal=/visas/supporting/Pages/186/applicant-documents.aspx

11 hours ago, eli87 said:

Hi Everyone.

Hope you all are doing well.

i need your feedback in relation to my application as i can see you are experience migration agent and you are helping in this forum.

i applied my 186 ENS TRT in COOK, in May immigration officers came to visit my workplace and they took my interview and my manager interview.

my manager was new on job so he didnt know about past years so he didnt give correct answer and at the end of the day his and mine statement not same.

after 3 month means last week they send me letter of "Invitation to comment on adverse information for a nomination application for a ENS nomination"  regarding my application.

they concerned about i am working part time /casual instead of full time and training benchmarks have not been met by the nominator so i am going to provide them last 3 years PAYG & Notice of Assessment from ATO and for training benchmark i am going to put my previous owner's statutory declaration  as he paid training benchmark fees and etc

so can you suggest me this evidence are enough to satisfy case officer question? 

my friends suggest me take it positive way, case officer in your favor tats why  you got chance otherwise now days they rejecting files without any reason. 

so  what do you think everyone?? will i take positively?? because i am working full time over there, i attached all up to date BAS,PAYG etc

your answer or comment much appreciated.

Thanks 

Eli

I'd suggest you speak with a migration agent - perhaps contact @Richard Gregan, @wrussell, @Raul Senise or @Alan Collett to see if they can assist with preparing a response to DIBP.  If you have an employment contract that confirms you work full time, that may help.  And I assume you'd need copies of the training fee invoices/receipts to confirm they've been paid vs. a statutory declaration.

Hi Everyone.

Can you guys suggest how i will satisfied CO regarding my full time employment and training benchmark?

i already submitted last 3 years PAYG, Notice Of assessment, Employment contract, Payslip for full time job and For Training benchmark i submitted receipts and invoices still CO not satisfied.

does anyone have idea what i need to do??

any suggestion ???

Thank

12 hours ago, eli87 said:

Hi Everyone.

Can you guys suggest how i will satisfied CO regarding my full time employment and training benchmark?

i already submitted last 3 years PAYG, Notice Of assessment, Employment contract, Payslip for full time job and For Training benchmark i submitted receipts and invoices still CO not satisfied.

does anyone have idea what i need to do??

any suggestion ???

Thank

As has already been suggest, you need to obtain professional advice.

You and your employer are in a complicated situation and from what you have been posting, you are close to having your application refused.

You have received a request to provide further documents specific to your application.

No one can give you specific advice on how to address the request, without knowing the specifics of your application and what documents have already been provided.