Applying for spouse visa 309/100 from Iran.

Hi, I am sponsoring my husband for the 309/100 spouse visa. We are living in Iran at present. We have all the documents needed. I met him in Australia when he was on bridging visa  E. He was a refugee. He brought me to his country, Iran and I thought it was a better idea to apply offshore. He is yet to obtain his health and police check. He had been in Australia since 2012, and we have been together since January 2016. We married in Australia and here in Iran. My question is, do you think he has a better chance of being granted the visa due to the fact that he lived in Australia for 5 years already, and we both have documents showing the same address we lived at, proving our relationship.?. Also, with Iran in the news lately, do you think Australian immigration would be bias ?. Thanks in advance for any advice. Nicole.

His chances to be granted the visa will depend on the assessment of your relationship evidence.  The fact that he lived in Australia previously, that he's Iranian, etc. will only factor in for their assessment of your relationship (e.g. if your relationship started while he lived in Australia, the evidence you have of that, etc., how you've been recognised as a couple by your respective families/friends in their statements, etc.)

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, MaggieMay24 said:

His chances to be granted the visa will depend on the assessment of your relationship evidence.  The fact that he lived in Australia previously, that he's Iranian, etc. will only factor in for their assessment of your relationship (e.g. if your relationship started while he lived in Australia, the evidence you have of that, etc., how you've been recognised as a couple by your respective families/friends in their statements, etc.)

Thanks for the feedback.