489 to 887

shreyask

I have few queries regarding 887 pre requisite.

To apply for 887 applicant must fulfil the criteria of 2yr stay in designated area and 1 yr full employment.

My question is.

1. Above rule apply only to primary applicant?

2. What if primary applicant have completed 2 yr but dependent have not cometed 2yr in designated. Can a primary applicant still apply for 887?

3. IELTS/PTE is required again if last IELTS score is more than 3yr?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I'm not an agent, but from what I've always understood

- all visa holders of the 489 can only live/work in regional areas

- when applying for the 887, the primary applicant must have lived in a regional area while holding a 489 (I believe there are a few alternates) for two years and worked full time in a regional area for 1 year.  The dependent spouse from the 489 can become the primary applicant for the 887 if they meet the criteria.

- I don't think you need to do IELTS again

It's best to speak with a migration agent though if you want to be sure.  There are several agents on this forum who may be able to help.

I'm not an agent, but from what I've always understood
- all visa holders of the 489 can only live/work in regional areas
- when applying for the 887, the primary applicant must have lived in a regional area while holding a 489 (I believe there are a few alternates) for two years and worked full time in a regional area for 1 year.  The dependent spouse from the 489 can become the primary applicant for the 887 if they meet the criteria.
- I don't think you need to do IELTS again
It's best to speak with a migration agent though if you want to be sure.  There are several agents on this forum who may be able to help.

Thanks for the reply.
Non working dependent spouse also needs to complete 2yr stay in regional area.
In my case I am going to complete 2yr regional stay and 1yr full time job in few months.
My spouse will take another 6-7 month to complete.

So am I eligible to apply for 887 when I (primary applicant) have completed all the requirement of 887?
Or
I have to wait for my spouse to complete 2yr?

We have a 489 we have never been told or read anything on our visa about re-sitting the IELTS but everyone included on that visa must complete the expectation, 2 year live and 1 year work.

Sent from my SM-J510FN using PomsinOz mobile app

Thanks for the reply!
So dependents also needs to complete 2 yr regional stay. 1 yr full time job rule only apply to primary applicant. Right?