Inspection Services

ida053

Hello everyone. I am trying to secure a rental place around Glen Waverley, Melbourne from offshore and am looking for services to inspect rental places at a budget price. I saw an article on realestate that a couple got their rental place in Melbourne from Brisbane by paying abt abt AUD30 per hse.

Do anyone know of such services available in Melbourne?

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi @ida053 we were relocation agents in Melbourne and back then only 2% would rent out to someone who hadn't personally viewed the property. It was a service we were willing to offer but we chose against it, for the reason above the choice was limited and also what I thought was nice may not have been the same for the people who were going to be renting it for 12 months. Most of the rentals down the SE were 12 month, I think in GW you should be able to secure a 6 month. 

I am not sure how anyone could provide the service for $30, Melbourne is large and it could cost you nearly that amount in fuel. It could be a good service to start with the correct disclaimers in place, even if someone paid $300 it would be cheaper than renting a short term holiday let/hotel. I may have a contact, a realestate agent, I will contact him via LinkedIn and see if he can help with any of their property. He was the principal at Barry Plant but I think he changed.

Hi [mention=265421]ida053[/mention] we were relocation agents in Melbourne and back then only 2% would rent out to someone who hadn't personally viewed the property. It was a service we were willing to offer but we chose against it, for the reason above the choice was limited and also what I thought was nice may not have been the same for the people who were going to be renting it for 12 months. Most of the rentals down the SE were 12 month, I think in GW you should be able to secure a 6 month. 
I am not sure how anyone could provide the service for $30, Melbourne is large and it could cost you nearly that amount in fuel. It could be a good service to start with the correct disclaimers in place, even if someone paid $300 it would be cheaper than renting a short term holiday let/hotel. I may have a contact, a realestate agent, I will contact him via LinkedIn and see if he can help with any of their property. He was the principal at Barry Plant but I think he changed.
Thanks Pom Queen for the info.

Grateful for your help. Would you mind to pm me his contact?

Sent from my G8142 using Tapatalk

Guest The Pom Queen
2 hours ago, ida053 said:

Thanks Pom Queen for the info.

Grateful for your help. Would you mind to pm me his contact?

I have sent him a message, unfortunately he goes to bed at a reasonable hour unlike me so it may be Monday before I get a response if he isn't working tomorrow 

Guest The Pom Queen

He says there aren't any agents who can legally do it.

I received a reply back from the people who go and view them on your behalf. Unfortunately it is a lot more than the $30 per house.

If you want to have a place to move straight into, we will go and inspect properties on your behalf and take video footage then send that to you after the inspection. If for privacy reasons, we cannot take video footage, we will simply inspect the property then call you after the inspection and discuss what we have seen. We also help with your applications as well. Our packages: Up to a 5 property search: $1300 plus gst (unaccompanied – relocation consultant inspects properties on your behalf) Up to a 5 property search: $1500 plus gst (accompanied – relocation consultant will take you to inspect properties) Up to a 10 property search: $1900 plus gst (unaccompanied – relocation consultant inspects properties on your behalf) Up to a 10 property search: $2100 plus gst (accompanied – relocation consultant will take you to inspect properties).

Thanks so much Pom Queen. Really appreciate your help in asking on my behalf. After much discussion, my hubby has decided to stick to airbnb while we do self inspection when we land. Hope we can secure a hse within a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guest The Pom Queen
17 hours ago, ida053 said:

Thanks so much Pom Queen. Really appreciate your help in asking on my behalf. After much discussion, my hubby has decided to stick to airbnb while we do self inspection when we land. Hope we can secure a hse within a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi @ida053 to be honest I think this is most certainly your best bet. It will open the market up more especially around Glen Waverley. I remember taking a family for a viewing at a property in GW (I actually did a few in that area) the house looked fantastic from the agents photos. When we got there it was like going back in time. The wallpaper was like my great gran had, a mixture of these three, with green gloss paint.

IMG_3650.JPG

IMG_3651.JPG

IMG_3652.JPG

There were holes in the floor boards, I can still picture that house to this day. Imagine if the agent had signed them up for 12 months without them viewing :chatterbox:

Hi [mention=265421]ida053[/mention] to be honest I think this is most certainly your best bet. It will open the market up more especially around Glen Waverley. I remember taking a family for a viewing at a property in GW (I actually did a few in that area) the house looked fantastic from the agents photos. When we got there it was like going back in time. The wallpaper was like my great gran had, a mixture of these three, with green gloss paint.

IMG_3650.JPG.6c0dd45048e04aba6ef12ed8de8d4fa9.JPG

IMG_3651.JPG.9324ff4792cf66656d8eb15c98dada0c.JPG

IMG_3652.JPG.86d11899ac7f4c93724747cf72695f22.JPG

There were holes in the floor boards, I can still picture that house to this day. Imagine if the agent had signed them up for 12 months without them viewing :chatterbox:

[emoji32]

Wow.. I did notice for one of the houses that it looked pretty fantastic on photo but when I Google it up on maps, the house looked really rundown. Now I dunno which is earlier (the pic or Google maps) and we definitely can't take the risk.

Anyhow thanks for all the help rendered so far. I really appreciate it.

Agents rarely seem to update photos between tenants.  We noticed one that actually had a date in the corner.  It was 12 years old!

Yeah we noticed that too. Hence we decided to inspect ourselves. There's gotta be a reason why houses are available for a long time in the market. They're either just too old or something's just wrong with it.

Guest The Pom Queen
20 hours ago, ida053 said:

Yeah we noticed that too. Hence we decided to inspect ourselves. There's gotta be a reason why houses are available for a long time in the market. They're either just too old or something's just wrong with it.

What you can do is google the address, sometimes the rentals have just been purchased by a property owner so you may find up to date photos on the ad, plus it will tell you when it last sold.