Sick after PR grant

exxaro

Guest The Pom Queen

Without having your medical history it's hard to answer. What have your doctors said? Will you need medication for life? Do they expect any complications? 

You also need to consider how travelling to Australia will impact this.

2 hours ago, exxaro said:

Thx, didn’t think of it as that serious as it isn’t a disease or even need for an operation. Only some medication to desolve the embolism. Will probably be gone in a few days or even already gone if treated correctly.....

Its something which would be declared on the medical form and would require a review before visa grant.

As you haven't yet validated the visa you are supposed to tell DIBP

2 hours ago, The Pom Queen said:

Without having your medical history it's hard to answer. What have your doctors said? Will you need medication for life? Do they expect any complications? 

You also need to consider how travelling to Australia will impact this.

Hi Pom, never had a problem and this is the first time and like i have said it an’t that bad, they almost send me home because the result on the d-dimer was as low that could just have been a recent bump or a cut. Received meds and done a entire body scan from head to toe that showed 100% (except from the polyamory embolism). The doctor is not worried and the medication is just temporarily (prevention rather than to cure later). The travelling part he said i can go on with life as is, he is also aware of out immigration plans and gave the thumps up. 

Guest The Pom Queen

If there are no ongoing complications and you have been given the all clear I personally wouldn't mention it. However, I'm not a migration agent or the immigration department. If you had something that was going to be ongoing and required long term treatment like warfarin then yes I would to be on the safe side.

Sent from my iPhone using PomsinOz

12 minutes ago, The Pom Queen said:

If there are no ongoing complications and you have been given the all clear I personally wouldn't mention it. However, I'm not a migration agent or the immigration department. If you had something that was going to be ongoing and required long term treatment like warfarin then yes I would to be on the safe side.

Sent from my iPhone using PomsinOz

Thx i feel the same just wanted a few views. Not even on warfarin. 

Just to reassure you really as i'm sure you are worrying but I was granted my visa after 2 DVT's (8 years apart and only explanation for them after many investigations was long haul flights), I've had no further health issues around them, the only issue is my complete reluctance to hop on flights back to the UK!

Guest The Pom Queen
7 minutes ago, Phoenix16 said:

Just to reassure you really as i'm sure you are worrying but I was granted my visa after 2 DVT's (8 years apart and only explanation for them after many investigations was long haul flights), I've had no further health issues around them, the only issue is my complete reluctance to hop on flights back to the UK!

Thank you for sharing @Phoenix16 yes it's a bit of a long flight isn't it. :shocked: