You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Anna9879

Will Primary teachers make a come back to the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)

Moneycorp

Moneycorp

We can only hope. Changes to the lists are unpredictable.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Shouldn’t think so, not while thousands of Aussie teachers can’t get jobs.

It wont be any time soon given there are far more teachers than jobs.

Unlikely. If you are a primary school teacher then it's really only worth investigating options if you have teaching experience in another language. Language experience can allow a limited state option.

Regards,

Richard

Richard Gregan Registered Migration Agent 9905168, MIA 880

www.overseas-emigration.co.uk

Direct telephone 0131 625 6900

Richard@my-oe.com

Not likely, with so many Australian Qualified teachers on the waiting list, but who knows. 🤓

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Iain1
        Hi 

Im from the UK  looking if anyone planning  to go australia on working holiday visa by late 2018 or early 2019. 

I am in two mind to go traveling solo plan it all myself or be with travel buddy, or go with them travel group for first couple of weeks, i am hoping  start regional work first so i could be eligible for 2nd WHV and give me more time to  travel spend time there. 
        Have couple of question too.
        1. where would be best season to go to find regional work, as i seen on many forums  from nov to jan busy period, where everyone looking for work also most expensive time for getting flights which i am trying not to go for.

2. Where would you recommend i should start off first, i was thinking to do western australia to do work.

3. Banking as i will be transferring money before go out there.  as well back and forwards to uk  while in australia which bank would anyone recommend so i not paying fortune on transaction fee on exchange rate. i have seen HSBC which i could open in Australia not pay any fees while transferring money back and forwards to uk will need to double check this.

Any tip or recommendation will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
      • By Rocky99
        Hi Lads, I am shortly awaiting outcome of Skill assessment from IPA and planning to submit EOI under External auditor category for 189 visa. I am currently on 70 points (assuming all find in the skill assessment). Can you advise whether accountant were invited at all in the last couple of rounds and if yes, what was the cut-off? Is it worth waiting for bar to come down to 70 or I should re-appear PTE to target 79?

Thanks million.
      • By vikki2010
        Hi everyone, I'm currently in my second year of my 3 year degree (BA Hons) in Early Childhood Studies. There are a small group of us who are doing Early Childhood Studies with Early Years Teacher Status, which we had to pass the QTS tests to get onto, and I think is a reasonably new thing. Now that we've started our second year, we are starting with the EYTS part and getting our teaching portfolios together. My plan since starting at uni has been to finish this course, then go on to do a PGCE in Early Years, giving me the 4 years required for the 189.
        On speaking to my tutor this week, I have found out that the PGCE in Early Years is the same thing as the Early Years Teacher Status that we are doing alongside the degree! So basically I think I need to drop back and just do the Early Childhood Studies degree and then go onto the PGCE for my forth year. The main thing that worries me is from looking at the universities website, the Early Years PGCE is only classed as part-time? Would this matter if I am still getting the required amount of teaching days? (I'm not sure if it's only classed as part-time because it is only 1 day in uni but 4 days in a setting).
        My tutor has also suggested I stick with the course but then do a primary PGCE, as then I'll have covered all bases, which may be the case for the UK but I'm sure I've read that for the skills assessment the PGCE must be Early Years based?
        She has advised me to speak to the Aus government about what to do and try to get something in writing, but from looking at the AITSL website they won't advise on courses because the requirements change so much, so I have no idea who I can ask for advice, so if anyone could give me any guidance I would appreciate it so much! Been trying to look into it all day online and still haven't got any closer to finding an answer, it's all so confusing.
        Thank you for reading :-)
      • By TeacherBen
        Hi,

There seem to be a number of teachers on the forum at the moment so I thought I'd set up an area where we can all share our experiences and ideas, ways to find jobs, where we're settling and what subjects!! Who knows - maybe we can help each other out when we're there!!

Any info, questions etc are welcome about teaching!!

Cheers

teacherben
      • By Anna9879
        Hi Guys,

I have a PGCEI, from the University of Sunderland, which was basically the same as a regular a PGCE course but the  12 week teaching practice was not done in UK, hence was not given QTS.
        I'm considering migrating to Australia and was wondering whether, PGCEI is recognised by AITSL? even though it doesn't have QTS status, its contend is the same and has more than 45 days of supervised teaching.