Belair, Pasadena, Eden hills and Blackwood

Mtotheb81

• 2 weeks later...

Belair, Eden Hills, Coromandel Valley, Blackwood, Hawthorndene, are all lovely and run on from one another. There are some fabulous primary schools there, and a very good high school (which is an IB school until Year 11/12) as well as The Australian School of Maths and Science (Year 10 ->). They are very leafy suburbs, and pretty close to the city, universities, and Flinders Medical Centre.

Pasadena is just down the road from them, but imo, isn't anywhere near as nice. I'm not sure what's happening with their high school as there hasn't been the intake there used to be, so there have been plans to merge it with another school. Pasadena is just that bit closer to the city, has newly revamped shops, and is nice enough - but it's no Blackwood lol!

What Lazy Cow said pretty much :) 

Of those I'd prefer Blackwood or Belair to live in personally. If looking around Blackwood you could also look at the Craigburn Farm development off the Coromandel Parade area and also Blackwood Park  (think it's called that). Newer builds in purpose built suburbs around or very close to Blackwood.  

Keep in mind fire risk and all that though when looking at houses around the hilly suburbs. As in is it a risk area, routes in and out if so and position on hill etc. 

Craigburn Farm development is coming to an end and Blackwood Park is being advertised on telly, we live in one of the early Craigburn developments and the area suits us perfectly although we are at the older end of the age range. Blackwood is a nice friendly little town and I am told the schools have a good reputation in the area.