No Accountant Invites in the 4th Oct Round

suziemac59

DIBP have issued a statement saying that there will be no invites issued to accountants in the next invitation round.

Seems likes it's taking them a while to sort out the mess of the last round with suspected fake EOIs going in bringing the points up to 85.

So gutted as I should have got the invite last time [emoji22]

Sent using Poms in Oz mobile app

It would seem that fake EOIs have been flooding the system for a while so maybe they are taking some time just now to review all invites previously issued. They could send invites out with the normal rounds so keep an eye on your skill select account.

I submitted my EOI with 75 points on 25th August. All genuine points!!

Sent from my iPhone using PomsinOz

I'm in the same boat, I have 75 at 12th September. On another forum migration agents have said they have been asked to send details of clients who will be losing points before the 18th October round and have mentioned that DIBP will issue manually until the problems have been resolved. It's not clear whether that means only people who are losing points will be invited manually or everyone and how much of a delay we can expect vs normal skill select rounds!

Really hoping it'll be resolved soon, I'm sat in limbo about whether to get medicals and police checks done!

Yeah a lot of people are stuck on 70 and unless they submitted it in early 2017 they're unlikely to get an invite in this quota. I'm just happy I've gone over the 5 year experience mark now so just need them to sort the current fake EOI issue out to get an invitation hopefully.

Do not get medicals and police checks done until you are asked for them by the case officer. Doing them early does not speed up the process as they just sit on the system until the CO would have looked at them had you waited. At the same time it can cause issues down the line. For example, you must make first entry within 12 months of medical or police check, which ever is earlier. They also have an expiry of 12 months. So, if your visa isn't granted before they expire you will have to redo them.

Each individual needs to make the informed choice on whether to do them before based on own circumstances, if you do and load all the potential forms they ask for then you can get a direct grant and it speeds up the process.
My understanding is they changed the process so you don't have a specific CO anymore so if the CO asks for any information related to your application it goes to the back of the queue until another CO picks it up. I thought this opinion was well established now as I've seen it in numerous locations/forums?
The risk of course is that if you are outside the 12 months then you may have to redo them or you have very little time to get to Australia. The only guidance DIPB gives on it is if you have submitted your visa application then wait for CO to ask otherwise you are free to use my health deceleration process.
What is your source for it not speeding up the process and is it recent?

2 hours ago, woody2709 said:

Makes lots of sense to get the checks before applying. Imagine paying all the visa costs and losing it all because you fail the health check...

Sent from my SM-G935F using PomsinOz mobile app

You may not know if you fail or not because DIBP doesn't assess the health check until after the visa application is submitted and the fees are paid.  But assuming you're in reasonably good health, there's probably not much to worry about.

• Like 1

You may not know if you fail or not because DIBP doesn't assess the health check until after the visa application is submitted and the fees are paid.  But assuming you're in reasonably good health, there's probably not much to worry about.

DIBP don't assess it till after you submit but the healthcare place is obliged to tell you if you have a medical condition you don't know about and requires treating therefore you have a reasonable degree of certainty by doing it up front. That combined with the time benefits make it a no brainer for me personally.
I can understand why some may need the full 12 months but it's certainly not one advice fits all