Has anyone applied for a BVB recently?

Ce22

Jw if anyone has been through this process recently?

Im currently BVA but have two weeks off work next week and I'm really keen to book a flight to Thailand as my best friend is there and I haven't seen anyone from home for a long time now.

Would it be too risky to apply for the BVB today and just hope it comes through before I leave? I'm not sure if it's one of those visas you receive instantly? (Almost) 

Also say I didn't apply for the visa, I understand I'm not allowed back into Australia but would I stay on BVA still awaiting my PR in Thailand or would everything just be cancelled? 

Hopefully someone can shed some light

Cheers guys 

5 hours ago, Ce22 said:

Jw if anyone has been through this process recently?

Im currently BVA but have two weeks off work next week and I'm really keen to book a flight to Thailand as my best friend is there and I haven't seen anyone from home for a long time now.

Would it be too risky to apply for the BVB today and just hope it comes through before I leave? I'm not sure if it's one of those visas you receive instantly? (Almost) 

Also say I didn't apply for the visa, I understand I'm not allowed back into Australia but would I stay on BVA still awaiting my PR in Thailand or would everything just be cancelled? 

Hopefully someone can shed some light

Cheers guys 

If you leave withoput a BVB, your BVA will cease to exist. A BVA only exists while you are in oz.

I applied for a BVB about 3 months ago and it was granted within 24 hours. 

My mother was sick and I supplied evidence of this along with the application so I don't know if that helped at all or not.

If you leave, your BVA will be cancelled but not the actual visa application, that would still be processed but bear in mind, most visa applications applied for onshore require you to be onshore when a decision is made.

10 hours ago, Snowflake said:

I applied for a BVB about 3 months ago and it was granted within 24 hours. 

My mother was sick and I supplied evidence of this along with the application so I don't know if that helped at all or not.

If you leave, your BVA will be cancelled but not the actual visa application, that would still be processed but bear in mind, most visa applications applied for onshore require you to be onshore when a decision is made.

Thanks snowflake, can I be nosey and ask how long you was/have been on  BVA for? and is your visa application work related? 

I only ask as for your situation there would be something very wrong if they didn't allow you back to see your sick mum. 

My situation is way less of a deal I've been working for my RSMS employer for a year and a half  )12 months on BVA) and what I thought was a two year commitment is fast becoming four. 

Im basically after a break from the outback and to see some friends from home who I miss and probably won't see again for atleast two years which is more or less what I put on the application (applied today) so will be interesting to see what happens. 

Do you know the reasoning behind why you should be in the country for application decisions? Aslong as your doing what your supposed be doing you should still be allowed a bit of time away for whatever reason? 

The reason you need a BVB is generally not an issue and DIBP grants them fairly regularly.  So wanting to go on an overseas holiday won't be an issue, the only issue will be the timing.  AFAIK, the BVB can be granted while you're overseas but it must be applied for while you are in Australia.  I don't know all the visas that require you to be onshore/offshore for the visa grant but it seems most skilled/employment related ones don't care and it's the partner ones that matter.

8 hours ago, Ce22 said:

Thanks snowflake, can I be nosey and ask how long you was/have been on  BVA for? and is your visa application work related? 

I've been on my BVA for 6 months now (4 months at the time of BVB application) and I've applied for a partner visa 820/801.

8 hours ago, Ce22 said:

I only ask as for your situation there would be something very wrong if they didn't allow you back to see your sick mum. 

My situation is way less of a deal I've been working for my RSMS employer for a year and a half  )12 months on BVA) and what I thought was a two year commitment is fast becoming four. 

Im basically after a break from the outback and to see some friends from home who I miss and probably won't see again for atleast two years which is more or less what I put on the application (applied today) so will be interesting to see what happens. 

Do you know the reasoning behind why you should be in the country for application decisions? Aslong as your doing what your supposed be doing you should still be allowed a bit of time away for whatever reason? 

Leaving Australia is not a problem :) What I meant is if you apply for some visas onshore then you have to be back in Australia if they're ready to make a decision. This doesn't apply to all visas. For example, onshore Partner Visa says "You must be in Australia when you lodge your application and when a decision is made on the temporary Partner visa (subclass 820)" but the 189 and 190 don't require this: "You can be in or outside Australia when you apply for the visa and when a decision is made."

For the BVB it says "You and anyone included in your application must be in Australia when the BVB application is lodged and granted."

Best of luck!! I hope you hear back soon :)

Thanks for all the much needed advice guys ?

All good ?? I actually had to change my dates on the BVB so I spoke to THE most helpful lady I have dealt with within immigration. So I took the opportunity to ask her loads of other question too ?.

30 minutes later my BVB is emailed through ??

• Like 1