What happens during PEQ in Melbourne? Can you fill me in...

Jen56johns

Hi,

My dog arrived in Melbourne on Thursday night. We haven’t seen him for 4.5 months and he’s been staying with lovely friends who looked after him until her could travel.

I got the notification from PEQ that he’d arrived and was settling in, but nothing since.  Initial quarantine checks are supposed to take 48 hours.  We’re past that time now but no status update.

Can anyone shed some light on the experience at PEQ, how often you get updates, when you get notified to set up the check-out appointment etc?  I’ve been googling madly but there’s no info out there that I can find.

At the moment, I’m assuming that no news i good news as I was worried about him surviving the flight.  He’s a fit dog, but I knew it would be stressful for him.  

After so long though, I can’t wait to see him and have the final piece in place to feel properly settled in Melbourne.

Thanks to anyone who can share their insight.

Jenni

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi Jenni unless there is an issue they won't contact you again. If they don't email you with collection instructions 24 hours prior give them a call. Are you picking him up yourself?

Sent from my iPhone using PomsinOz

Guest The Pom Queen

Now quarantine is shorter they cut back on their communications. You could always call them but you will probably just get a standard response 

On 01/10/2017 at 19:23, Jen56johns said:

Thanks Pom Queen. SO no further status updates via their online system? I had thought they would use it to give more regular updates.

Sigh...  just impatient now to see him again.  Thanks for replying!

We had one email as I had contacted them prior to shipping our boy who will only  pee on grass he does not do concrete -they said he was fine and able to acssess grass 

Only other communication was his release note 

Hi, I brought my dogs over a couple of weeks ago.  If you call Mickleham, give the the PEQ number, they will actually tell you how your dog has been... ie, they told me mine were friendly, when they were eating, even when they had done number ones and twos... But that's about all they tell you but it is better than nothing.... mine then flew from Melbourne to Sydney.... they had both lost about 1.5 kg each since I took them to Heathrow about 10 days previously (+ flight time of course) but other than that they were fine... I know it is frustrating but I am sure your dog will be ok.... hopefully you are already reunited since I can see your post is quite a few days old!  Where are you located?

Chantal