Why am i reading so many "moving back to the UK posts??

EmmaGiggles85

On 11/27/2017 at 22:35, EmmaGiggles85 said:

Well..... this thread escalated quickly emoji23.png

This happens a lot unfortunately. There is some great advice on this forum, however, too many times 'point scorers' use anything to spark the old tired UK vs Aus argument for their own self satisfaction. It really puts people off posting which is disappointing. I do hope you have found some useful information and if not, have a good dig around as there are some really great threads on here. All the best with your move!

Edited by Guest

Meant to say in my last post  Emmagiggles (great name by the way!) just ignore the "point scorers", they pop up constantly. Just do your research and take the path that's best for you and your family. There are tens of thousands of people who have moved to Australia and are very happy. I'm sure I read somewhere that people generally don't tend to write a lot on forums/online if they're happy with something. Who knows if it's true, just something I either heard or read.

Speaking personally we are experiencing great things - more money, promotions, outdoors/swimming in the beach more often... our daughter is blossoming. We're very happy!  That's us - our story.

Only you will know what's right for you - whatever you decide, be it UK or Australia- it will be the right choice for you x 

This happens a lot unfortunately. There is some great advice on this forum, however, too many times 'point scorers' use anything to spark the old tired UK vs Aus argument for their own self satisfaction. It really puts people off posting which is disappointing. I do hope you have found some useful information and if not, have a good dig around as there are some really great threads on here. All the best with your move!

Thank you very much x

Meant to say in my last post  Emmagiggles (great name by the way!) just ignore the "point scorers", they pop up constantly. Just do your research and take the path that's best for you and your family. There are tens of thousands of people who have moved to Australia and are very happy. I'm sure I read somewhere that people generally don't tend to write a lot on forums/online if they're happy with something. Who knows if it's true, just something I either heard or read.
Speaking personally we are experiencing great things - more money, promotions, outdoors/swimming in the beach more often... our daughter is blossoming. We're very happy!  That's us - our story.
Only you will know what's right for you - whatever you decide, be it UK or Australia- it will be the right choice for you x 

Haha thank you! It is a childhood nickname that has stuck with me [emoji23]

Yes, i think what i have got from all of the posts is that only we can make the decision thats right for us, and if we do choose australia and find its not for us then its not the end of the world to move back. Nothing ventured nothing gained so to speak! I only hope we can have similar success to you and your family! Is it melbourne you reside? X
  • Like 2

Go for it while you're young, if it doesn't work out you'll claw it back. There's not much traction in the opinions of others, most have agendas. The figures say a lot are moving back, I go through spells myself however I have to say, I don't know anyone else contemplating it right now. The only people I know who moved back to the UK from here did so after 3 days as it was too hot. And that's a true story. At the very least, for 3 or 4 years you'll feel like you're on a great holiday, if that leaves you wanting more, you can always move back. And if it works out, hey presto, life sorted.

• Like 1

Go for it while you're young, if it doesn't work out you'll claw it back. There's not much traction in the opinions of others, most have agendas. The figures say a lot are moving back, I go through spells myself however I have to say, I don't know anyone else contemplating it right now. The only people I know who moved back to the UK from here did so after 3 days as it was too hot. And that's a true story. At the very least, for 3 or 4 years you'll feel like you're on a great holiday, if that leaves you wanting more, you can always move back. And if it works out, hey presto, life sorted.

Awesome outlook and definitely how we feel about it all now! Thank you xx
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, MARYROSE02 said:

The majority of the people going back are sad WHV who were unable to extend their visas.

I don't think thats true at all. For one thing not all WHVers want to stay permanently. Secondly, a quick browse through here and other forums shows a lot of families going back, who have been in oz several years.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, MARYROSE02 said:

The majority of the people going back are sad WHV who were unable to extend their visas.

Defintely not. Of the 6 people I have talked to on tne forum who have gone back this year, as opposed to talking about it, 5 were citizens and 1 PR. All way too old for WHVs.

• Like 1

I agree with this

The amount of people with agendas on here is unreal

Go for it you can always go back if it doesn’t work out, but at least you will have got it out of your system
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, bristolman said:

No they aren't, I actually haven't seen even one of those in the Moving Back section let alone the majority. 

Why not just let it lie?  Save someone the task of adding up the "Can I stay I stay, I've not done any regional work?" threads..... ffs.

3 minutes ago, Peach said:

Why not just let it lie?  Save someone the task of adding up the "Can I stay I stay, I've not done any regional work?" threads..... ffs.

So you're agreeing that the majority of those that move back are on WHV visas even though it clearly doesn't seem to be the case ? 

Actually @MARYROSE02 you might have a point. Due to the very short term nature of the WHV I wonder if these visa holders are actually in the highest category to move back to the country they came from. Not everyone who holds a visa writes on this, or indeed any, forum so unless someone is privy to the statistics I guess we'll never know. Even published stats might be not showing real truth.

Actually [mention=214837]MARYROSE02[/mention] you might have a point. Due to the very short term nature of the WHV I wonder if these visa holders are actually in the highest category to move back to the country they came from. Not everyone who holds a visa writes on this, or indeed any, forum so unless someone is privy to the statistics I guess we'll never know. Even published stats might be not showing real truth.

I think the whole point of the thread is about people who move back because they want to not because they have to
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Mcguinnessp1968 said:

I agree with this

The amount of people with agendas on here is unreal

Ahhh the "point scorers" I referred to earlier. Yes, very off putting for new and regular members. Very easy to spot quickly tho.

Just now, Mcguinnessp1968 said:

I think the whole point of the thread is about people who move back because they want to not because they have to

Yes you're right. I was just musing at Maryrose's comment and wondering in the wider realm if this was correct.

4 minutes ago, Mcguinnessp1968 said:

Exactly this ^. Almost without exception the posts started in the Moving Back section are started by long termers and usually families. WHV are a totally different issue. 

• Like 1