Why am i reading so many "moving back to the UK posts??

EmmaGiggles85

10 hours ago, Zack said:

We have been here  35 years. We returned to the UK in 2012 and i  came back to Australia in November 2013, Because of  propelems in Aus with a family member.My wife followed in 2014. Big mistake. We now hate it here ,we dread the summer in rural Queensland the heat is  prolific.just too much. It's uncomfortable. The friends we had have gone back to the Uk and the Aussie friends we had turned on us.Your not allowed to have a opinion in Australia. We live in a nice house in a nice place with Lake views. But it's like a graveyard,There's nothing here, and nothing in the Town only 10 min drive away. The Kids opposite  are bored out of their minds, riding bikes, up and down the road all day. Everyone here sticks to themselves. I have not spoken to one neighbour. The new laws the Government have brought in for Dual Citizens.. Makes us now feel insecure. The Government is deporting dual citizens that commit a crime ,or become ill and are deemed to be a burden on the Australian Health service. Their Australian citizenship is canceled .And they are deported back to their place of birth. No one knows what will happen ,health wise, as you become old. .Plus the aged have to pay now for Certain Health requirements now,That used to be free  as a aged pensioner. My wife recently had to have a Mri x ray as she had a fall ,and hit her head. cost $610 .00. The Doctor is sending her for another one on her knee.Cost $485. I  don't see the point in living in Australia .When the older you get ,The worse it will become .Until one day you can't even afford to see a doctor. Bulk billing is slowly disappearing. Young couples are feeling the pinch .Having to pay over $400 to see a doctor with a child and a  couple of  scripts.. Many people in Australia are being overwhelmed by the high cost of living. Stagnant wages,forever increasing  Rates, water ,costs ,to get anything repaired, is  out of control, and of course the coast of Houses.We can't get back to the UK quick enough. Just have to sell  up .But as everyone knows  ,Everyone is different.And all circumstances are different. And it makes a huge difference if your extended family are all here. Some people think it's paradise,Others are trapped here. And some grow to hate it.

When you invent such a lot of tosh it is little wonder that your neighbours shun you.  The sad thing is that when in the UK you spout similarly untrue and jaundiced comment about the UK hence you apparently ping pong in a permanent state of misery.

All this wouldn’t matter but I am sure there are some on here who read your whines and think there must be a strong element of truth there.  Amazingly I see that some of the Oz haters ‘like’ your posts adding credence to them.  To them I would say look back and read Zack’s past comments about the UK and see if you ‘like’ them too.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

The reason a lot of brits move home is because it’s not as easy to make it here in Australia ,a lot of Brits have the misconception it’s an easy life here!!!

The truth is Australia’s economy is at its lowest economic slump in decades as the mining boom has lost momentum!!

of course migration agents don’t tell you this!

I moved from Lancashire in 2006 and had a lot of success till about 2 years ago,as jobs are very hard to come by,I’m just being honest as I know the expenses that it takes to get there!

I actually went back to uk to work and will try oz again in jan,that’s the benefit of dual citizenship!!!

Good luck,just think very carefully before you make the move.

Best advice get PR before you get there,or a sponsored visa if your a nurse etc.

Good luck Dave.

Edited by Dave48
  • Like 2

Hi

I concur with the forum moderators on this topic.  I haven't posted for ages, a couple of years I reckon.  I just happened to randomly log in today out of curiosity and I see its exactly the same people posting in the moving back to the UK forum as it was years ago. Some of those don't even live here or havn't done for years for years.

If you want to move here do it.  Its definitely not utopia and you are still you if not a little bit more sweaty !

I sense I'll be posting some ranty posts somewhere in the forum real soon.

Watch this space :-)

I have been in Australia just on 18 months and love it. There are pro's and cons particularly as I live in a regional area which is a 7 hour drive from Brisbane or an expensive flight but I do have a view of the ocean from my balcony. Our house is not far off being built and I am fortunate to work at one of the top schools in Queensland.

Recently I had to fly back to the UK in October as my dad was on deaths door and my sister was given a terminal prognosis. My employers supported me and even paid me extra leave. I know that would never have happened back in my previous employment in the UK. I then flew back in December taking a couple of extra days off work for my sisters wedding. Again the School were fantastic in their support and I am truly so grateful. Sadly my sister died two days after her wedding day. Dad managed to pull through but we are still not out of the woods.

Its been a pretty tragic year for my family and sometimes I wonder if I should be back in the UK to support them, but I know this is where I belong. It took me 60 hours to get home with several layovers but the UK makes me so miserable. I grew up in a pretty rough area so that doesn't help but even still I find the UK so 'controlling'. 

Yes we go to work early in the morning and come home late some days but our weekends are spent having exceptional coffee, delicious avocado on toast and long strolls on the beach. 

I came here without ever visiting and was often overwhelmed by the 'returners' but everyones experience will be different, depending on where you live, work and what sort of person you are.

Good Luck!

• Like 11

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/27/2017 at 22:08, Zack said:

We have been here  35 years. We returned to the UK in 2012 and i  came back to Australia in November 2013, Because of  propelems in Aus with a family member.My wife followed in 2014. Big mistake. We now hate it here ,we dread the summer in rural Queensland the heat is  prolific.just too much. It's uncomfortable. The friends we had have gone back to the Uk and the Aussie friends we had turned on us.Your not allowed to have a opinion in Australia. We live in a nice house in a nice place with Lake views. But it's like a graveyard,There's nothing here, and nothing in the Town only 10 min drive away. The Kids opposite  are bored out of their minds, riding bikes, up and down the road all day. Everyone here sticks to themselves. I have not spoken to one neighbour. The new laws the Government have brought in for Dual Citizens.. Makes us now feel insecure. The Government is deporting dual citizens that commit a crime ,or become ill and are deemed to be a burden on the Australian Health service. Their Australian citizenship is canceled .And they are deported back to their place of birth. No one knows what will happen ,health wise, as you become old. .Plus the aged have to pay now for Certain Health requirements now,That used to be free  as a aged pensioner. My wife recently had to have a Mri x ray as she had a fall ,and hit her head. cost $610 .00. The Doctor is sending her for another one on her knee.Cost $485. I  don't see the point in living in Australia .When the older you get ,The worse it will become .Until one day you can't even afford to see a doctor. Bulk billing is slowly disappearing. Young couples are feeling the pinch .Having to pay over $400 to see a doctor with a child and a  couple of  scripts.. Many people in Australia are being overwhelmed by the high cost of living. Stagnant wages,forever increasing  Rates, water ,costs ,to get anything repaired, is  out of control, and of course the coast of Houses.We can't get back to the UK quick enough. Just have to sell  up .But as everyone knows  ,Everyone is different.And all circumstances are different. And it makes a huge difference if your extended family are all here. Some people think it's paradise,Others are trapped here. And some grow to hate it.

New to this site and made it a mission to get through this thread....hard work and often derailed.

However, I couldn't let this one go. What a load of unadulterated BS. You seem mighty confused, scared even.

To the OP, I would take many of the comments on here with a mountainload of salt. When I get a minute, I'll tell you my experience.

Good luck

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, alscotoz said:

New to this site and made it a mission to get through this thread....hard work and often derailed.

However, I couldn't let this one go. What a load of unadulterated BS. You seem mighty confused, scared even.

To the OP, I would take many of the comments on here with a mountainload of salt. When I get a minute, I'll tell you my experience.

Good luck

Zack wasn't happy in England either when he went back at one time.  I do feel a bit sorry for him though.  It's bad for your health to be so down in the dumps about just about everything.

Here are some of the comments he made when he went back to the UK to live.

"We moved back 5 months ago after 27 years in Aus.What a disaster from the go.Can't wait to get back to reality and peopl;e in authority that treat you as a fellow humane.Perpetual darkness; rain,bitter cold,and it's been a mild winter.The whole system sucks,Age discrimination is rife.Car insurance,utillity bills,council tax, ALL GANGSTERS,Wanting Huge sums of money.It's a up hill battle,nobody cares.Theres no light at the end of a big dark tunnel.Rules and regulations,security questions,drives you potty.Checking who you are,the credit system.The banks are run by the Mafia.My god it's a nightmare".

It's to be hoped he does settle happily the next time he moves back to the UK.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Toots said:

Zack wasn't happy in England either when he went back at one time.  I do feel a bit sorry for him though.  It's bad for your health to be so down in the dumps about just about everything.

Here are some of the comments he made when he went back to the UK to live.

"We moved back 5 months ago after 27 years in Aus.What a disaster from the go.Can't wait to get back to reality and peopl;e in authority that treat you as a fellow humane.Perpetual darkness; rain,bitter cold,and it's been a mild winter.The whole system sucks,Age discrimination is rife.Car insurance,utillity bills,council tax, ALL GANGSTERS,Wanting Huge sums of money.It's a up hill battle,nobody cares.Theres no light at the end of a big dark tunnel.Rules and regulations,security questions,drives you potty.Checking who you are,the credit system.The banks are run by the Mafia.My god it's a nightmare".

It's to be hoped he does settle happily the next time he moves back to the UK.

Sounds like the life and soul...;)

• Haha 1

Good luck
Thank you x

• 1 month later...

333 posts on this thread since it started in September, last year, 334 including this one.- about 55 a month, and many of those posts are not knocking OZ. Most people settle well into Australia. That is the truth. Some end up going back to the UK for one reason or another - as I did for 12 years but not because I hated it in Australia, just the way things worked out, losing a long term job in Sydney, taking the chance to see my parents in England, getting an unexpectedly good job in England.

• Like 2