Why am i reading so many "moving back to the UK posts??

EmmaGiggles85

On 12/12/2017 at 19:10, EmmaGiggles85 said:

Thanks! Currently very busy in university at the mo so when i come on here there are lots of messages that have been written and i am trying to trapse through them all haha
Doesnt help that most of them are just arguments about the most irrelevant stuff and im just scrolling past with the popcorn ??

Good luck with your uni work ? yah if you can try to ignore the PS'ers there's some great information and advice on this website. All the best!

On 12/12/2017 at 09:10, EmmaGiggles85 said:

Thanks! Currently very busy in university at the mo so when i come on here there are lots of messages that have been written and i am trying to trapse through them all haha
Doesnt help that most of them are just arguments about the most irrelevant stuff and im just scrolling past with the popcorn ??

Quite honestly you get as much crap from both 'sides', both will give you very valuable information AND both will give you wildly inaccurate information as well. 

• Like 1

Yeah it’s been great so far it’s a very nice place

When are you thinking about moving? And why Geelong?

If you have any specific questions you want to ask fire away anything I don’t know I can find out for you

That is so lovely of you! Thank you so much!

We are hoping in about 18months or so.

Well we didnt fancy living in the city, but we wanted to be a short drive away and also close to the beach too. The fact its a place currently coming into its own is a plus too. But to be fair, we havent seen it in person so we dont know if it will suit us or not? I just think it looks like a nice place to live from what ive read and seen online and it feels it will suit us better than the east or north of melbourne.

Xx

10 hours ago, EmmaGiggles85 said:

That is so lovely of you! Thank you so much!

We are hoping in about 18months or so.

Well we didnt fancy living in the city, but we wanted to be a short drive away and also close to the beach too. The fact its a place currently coming into its own is a plus too. But to be fair, we havent seen it in person so we dont know if it will suit us or not? I just think it looks like a nice place to live from what ive read and seen online and it feels it will suit us better than the east or north of melbourne.

Xx

I grew up in Geelong and spent probably 15 years there. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mcguinnessp1968 said:

What do you mean built up

Geelong is very much a country type town

I'm not sure about that, even growing up in the 60s it couldn't really be referred to as a country type town and it's grown enormously since then. Growing up we could look out our living room window and see bush and open paddocks, all of that is now built on as far as the eye can see. 

I'm not sure about that, even growing up in the 60s it couldn't really be referred to as a country type town and it's grown enormously since then. Growing up we could look out our living room window and see bush and open paddocks, all of that is now built on as far as the eye can see. 

Well most of the locals describe it as that and living here just now I would agree with them

3 hours ago, bristolman said:

Yes it's grown enormously over the years, parts that were like little hamlets are now full blown sprawling suburbs. I don't personally like what has happened to the place but others seem to.

Agree with that- it used to have a real country feel but in a way it is more like a Melbourne burb now. Same thing is happening to places like Warragul and P. Island. It is close to some stunning coastal scenery though.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, starlight7 said:

Agree with that- it used to have a real country feel but in a way it is more like a Melbourne burb now. Same thing is happening to places like Warragul and P. Island. It is close to some stunning coastal scenery though.

It won't be too long before it all joins up, Lara, Little River, Werribee then Melbourne.

On 30/09/2017 at 12:12, EmmaGiggles85 said:

I dont know if ive put this in the correct forum or not, but im getting a bit unnerved reading so many posts about poms moving back to the UK.

We are in the early process of applying for permanent visas etc as some of you may be aware from previous posts on here. The OH and i feel silly enough that we have never visited Oz and yet feel like we belong there.... but doubt has set in over such a huge decision and when i come on here, all i see at the moment are poms desperately trying to get back home. So obviously my niggling doubt of uprooting our three sons is setting in and taking note of these posts.

All friends and family are pro emigrate and we dont receive much help from family or friends here for us to miss it in Oz. All family and friends that matter are already making plans to visit anyway emoji23.png and we just feel a huge pull there (melbourne).

Are we just completely mad and naive?? Xx

Thanks, Emma x

I think that it's a bit of a need thing, those that want to move back are seeking guidance and advice.

I guess I am part of a group that is often too quiet - moved and very happy.  We find the heat in Queensland awesome (second summer) and it was a low risk move for us as all immediate family is here.  

That said we are still new, so I haven't converted this to a good news story just yet ?

A lot of people who use the site for visa help do generally drift, and perhaps there are lots of good news were that aren't told!

Good luck with your planned move, we have no regrets ?

• Like 3

I'm an Aussie in the UK, been here 18 years, now planning a big move home! Uprooting the family, husband, a small horse stud, in hope to buy in Australia and settle again before I'm too old! I think there are always people moving around our planet, for so many different reasons. For me I don't feel like I'm moving forward anymore in the UK, house prices topped out, wages not going up, high taxes. Time to cash in my equity and live a more modest life in the sun!! Be honest with yourself, understand that it really is half a planet away, then aim for your dreams and desires :)

• Like 2

We have been here  35 years. We returned to the UK in 2012 and i  came back to Australia in November 2013, Because of  propelems in Aus with a family member.My wife followed in 2014. Big mistake. We now hate it here ,we dread the summer in rural Queensland the heat is  prolific.just too much. It's uncomfortable. The friends we had have gone back to the Uk and the Aussie friends we had turned on us.Your not allowed to have a opinion in Australia. We live in a nice house in a nice place with Lake views. But it's like a graveyard,There's nothing here, and nothing in the Town only 10 min drive away. The Kids opposite  are bored out of their minds, riding bikes, up and down the road all day. Everyone here sticks to themselves. I have not spoken to one neighbour. The new laws the Government have brought in for Dual Citizens.. Makes us now feel insecure. The Government is deporting dual citizens that commit a crime ,or become ill and are deemed to be a burden on the Australian Health service. Their Australian citizenship is canceled .And they are deported back to their place of birth. No one knows what will happen ,health wise, as you become old. .Plus the aged have to pay now for Certain Health requirements now,That used to be free  as a aged pensioner. My wife recently had to have a Mri x ray as she had a fall ,and hit her head. cost $610 .00. The Doctor is sending her for another one on her knee.Cost $485. I  don't see the point in living in Australia .When the older you get ,The worse it will become .Until one day you can't even afford to see a doctor. Bulk billing is slowly disappearing. Young couples are feeling the pinch .Having to pay over $400 to see a doctor with a child and a  couple of  scripts.. Many people in Australia are being overwhelmed by the high cost of living. Stagnant wages,forever increasing  Rates, water ,costs ,to get anything repaired, is  out of control, and of course the coast of Houses.We can't get back to the UK quick enough. Just have to sell  up .But as everyone knows  ,Everyone is different.And all circumstances are different. And it makes a huge difference if your extended family are all here. Some people think it's paradise,Others are trapped here. And some grow to hate it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, snifter said:

@Zack Can you provide a link to these laws re citizenship and ill health. I’ve looked and can’t find anything at present. Would be interested to read such info.

I can't find anything either.  I wonder if the poster has seen a story such as this one Deportation threat to Hartlepool woman deemed to ill to stay in Australia and has mixed up PR with citizenship?  I don't recall being asked about my health on our citizenship applications, only about convictions, because of course citizenship can be denied or revoked if you have been convicted of a serious crime.

9 hours ago, Zack said:

We have been here  35 years. We returned to the UK in 2012 and i  came back to Australia in November 2013, Because of  propelems in Aus with a family member.My wife followed in 2014. Big mistake. We now hate it here ,we dread the summer in rural Queensland the heat is  prolific.just too much. It's uncomfortable. The friends we had have gone back to the Uk and the Aussie friends we had turned on us.Your not allowed to have a opinion in Australia. We live in a nice house in a nice place with Lake views. But it's like a graveyard,There's nothing here, and nothing in the Town only 10 min drive away. The Kids opposite  are bored out of their minds, riding bikes, up and down the road all day. Everyone here sticks to themselves. I have not spoken to one neighbour. The new laws the Government have brought in for Dual Citizens.. Makes us now feel insecure. The Government is deporting dual citizens that commit a crime ,or become ill and are deemed to be a burden on the Australian Health service. Their Australian citizenship is canceled .And they are deported back to their place of birth. No one knows what will happen ,health wise, as you become old. .Plus the aged have to pay now for Certain Health requirements now,That used to be free  as a aged pensioner. My wife recently had to have a Mri x ray as she had a fall ,and hit her head. cost $610 .00. The Doctor is sending her for another one on her knee.Cost $485. I  don't see the point in living in Australia .When the older you get ,The worse it will become .Until one day you can't even afford to see a doctor. Bulk billing is slowly disappearing. Young couples are feeling the pinch .Having to pay over $400 to see a doctor with a child and a  couple of  scripts.. Many people in Australia are being overwhelmed by the high cost of living. Stagnant wages,forever increasing  Rates, water ,costs ,to get anything repaired, is  out of control, and of course the coast of Houses.We can't get back to the UK quick enough. Just have to sell  up .But as everyone knows  ,Everyone is different.And all circumstances are different. And it makes a huge difference if your extended family are all here. Some people think it's paradise,Others are trapped here. And some grow to hate it.

Where on earth are you getting that info from? There is no health requirement for citizenship and people are not having their citizenship cancelled, or being deported for health reasons. Character/conviction reasons yes, but health, no. 

If you come on a temporary visa, and apply for permanent residency and don't meet those health requirements your temp visa will be cancelled and you'll have to leave. But that has nothing to do with citizenship.

• Like 2