samsid

I'm in this situation applying for student visa in Australia and I'm facing DUI charges in US..not convicted yet, but had to left States due to family emergency. Had a court date but missed it. Being an Indian citizen my question is should I need to declare in the student visa forms about DUI charges OR knowing that the laws of AU aren't after DUI conviction to grant a visa, it may not necessary to disclose on the forms?

Much Appreciated Response.

People on here are giving you the right advice, not that you should need telling as I think you know it should be declared.  It seems to me like you are trying to find a reason not to declare it which is an offence.  If it is not a serious crime as you put it you may well be ok. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, samsid said:

Also how will they find out though? America doesn't even share from state to state n i'm talking 100000miles away!Not even a serious crime though!!!! Just my thought!!!

You are from India which is a high risk country and as a result will have a deeper security check. This can be anything from checking your documents more thoroughly to in depth carried out by the Australian security services.