No Study/Training

Dawgreen

• 5 months later...
3 minutes ago, welder85 said:

Which Bridging Visa is it? Our BVA says no work restrictions and no study restrictions... the only restriction we have is No Travel!

It also depends on which visas youare bridging fro and to - for instance, someone bridging from a tourist visa to a spouse visa has full working rights, Bridging from tourist to skills you cannot work at all. However both are Bridging Visa A.

Edited by Nemesis

• 2 weeks later...

Tourist to Skilled...NO WORK RESTRICTIONS. As i previously mentioned, only restriction is NO TRAVEL. Not only does it clearly state that on my visa, I confirmed it with my agent and I also double-triple checked online and have read the same statement on various websites.

The only bridging visa to have NO restrictions are BVA going onto 189, 190 and 489 Skilled. The are work rights on other visas but will be restricted (working hol to 457 for instance has only 6 months work). 

I can't comment 100% but as I knew someone who went from tourist to spouse and had no work rights whatsoever in 2014/15.

3 hours ago, welder85 said:

Tourist to Skilled...NO WORK RESTRICTIONS. As i previously mentioned, only restriction is NO TRAVEL. Not only does it clearly state that on my visa, I confirmed it with my agent and I also double-triple checked online and have read the same statement on various websites.

The only bridging visa to have NO restrictions are BVA going onto 189, 190 and 489 Skilled. The are work rights on other visas but will be restricted (working hol to 457 for instance has only 6 months work). 

I can't comment 100% but as I knew someone who went from tourist to spouse and had no work rights whatsoever in 2014/15.

2014 is a long time ago in the visa world.

Current rules state that tourist to Spouse bridging will have no work restrictions, but tourist to skilled one would need to apply for the work restrictin to be lifted. If you curently have no work restrictions on a BVA from toruist to skilled, you are VERY lucky. Enjoy.