189 Processing Time for 70pts

dreamer78

Hi All,

I submitted a 189 visa in december 2016, but only had 60pts, for Computer network Engineer, which is now pro-rata. I have just got a diploma which gives me another 10 pts, my question is what is the waiting for 70 pts under this category?

I know it's difficult to predict, but someone might have or be in a similar situation to mine?

any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Paul

As of now Computer Network Engineer stands at 65 points. So if you lodged with 70pts, you'll probably get an invitation on the next round or the following. Would you be able to elaborate your points breakdown?

edit:

Whoops, seems like I read it wrongly. If you already had an invitation and applied your visa since Dec 2016, the point system is irrelevant. All you need to do is to wait for the grant or CO contact. I don't think anyone can predict anymore in this forum and the trend is too vague. But you shouldn't wait no more than this December 2017.

Edited by VicViP

• 1 month later...
On ‎29‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 09:18, dreamer78 said:

Hi,

I don't have an invite, I applied in Dec 2016, with 60pts, i've just got a diploma now, taking me upto 70pts and have updated my EOI today.

my points breakdown is

Age 25pts

English 20pts

Work Exp 15pts

Diplom 10pts

Thanks

Paul

Hi Paul,

What qualification was your skills assessment based on prior to getting your diploma?

Just now, dreamer78 said:

Hi,

I have no qualifications, it's all work experience. I obtained a successful skills assessment from ACS.

Why? does this matter?

thanks

Paul

You should be good in that case, There has been issues reported lately where when ACS do a skills assessment they discount the first 2-3 years of experience as training time. Seen as you have a successful skills assessment prior to gaining the diploma you should be good to claim all the points as you have said. ACS can be a tricky authority that's all,

2 minutes ago, stevej said:

You should be good in that case, There has been issues reported lately where when ACS do a skills assessment they discount the first 2-3 years of experience as training time. Seen as you have a successful skills assessment prior to gaining the diploma you should be good to claim all the points as you have said. ACS can be a tricky authority that's all,

:thumbsup: