We're looking to settle in Hervey Bay. Originally being from Brisbane I can't envisage us living back in a big city.  Does anyone have any links with HB and know if it would be well suited for a family of four with their children of Primary school age.  What is the employment scenario like there? I've looked online and that's been helpful but I was hoping some of you would be able to give their insight.  

Are there any areas around HB (Not Maryborough) that you think is worth checking out? Keen to go anywhere from Bribie Island area right up towards Bundy but not quite as far as that! HB preferable. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Guest The Pom Queen

Hi @MrsWayLay17 I don't know much about Hervey Bay. Bribie is very popular with our members. What your priority will be is finding work. The further you go the harder it is finding employment. Have you thought about the Sunshine Coast, there are some gorgeous Suburbs and you would still have access to the city if needed. 

'We aren't city people but I have to be close to Brisbane hospital so we opted to go inland and buy acreage. We love it out here and so does my son. 

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...

just refreshing the topic if that's alright.  Our backgrounds are in the police force and the justice system, and I am also a marriage celebrant.  I am unsure which route to go down yet job wise, perhaps just a total career change (working on the humpback whale boats perhaps!?) I wondered if there were any HB based people here?

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Hiya, I’m thinking about moving to Hervey Bay from the UK. I currently work as a manager of a young persons supported accommodation scheme. What are the job opportunities around that area for similar roles. Also what’s schooling like? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks 

• 2 weeks later...