Help with TRA

Guest Shell

HI

My partner and I have decieded at last to make the move to Perth.I am going to try to do it without an agent, but im stuck at the first hurdle :roll: . I have dowm loaded a TRA form and there seems a lot on there that does not apply to us. My partner john is a chippie who gained his City & Guilds on a part time course while working in the trade.

If anyone can give me any advice I would be grateful.

Thanks Shell

Guest The.Colebecks

Hi There

My advice would be to include very scrap of information you can about his day to day work, his C & G course, his previous experience, etc etc. No piece of information is too trivial. The TRA assume you have no experience/qualifications and you have to prove yourself in writing as well as with documentary evidence.

Good luck

Karen

HI Karen

Thanks for the reply I will do that.

This is such a great site and everybody is sooooo helpful :D . Just reading through the diffrent topic is such a help.

Hi and welcome to poms in oz

We are almost at the stage of sending our TRA off references signed and sent back to agent. While filling in info for references to be done we were told to show progression. While doing the training part list what the basics you did through to most complicated and state whether the part you are detailing was supervised or unsupervised. List all tools used even if basic explain everything as if the person you are talking to has no prior knowledge of your occupation. I am led to believe that the person who checks your skills application has no knowledge of your job and that they are just checking items you have written about and ticking them off a list, not sure how reliable that info is.

Good luck and best wishes

Kaye :)

Guest bondy3182

Hi Kaye

Miss nothing out, my job description for TRA was 10 pages long

Even visited my old college and got an ex tutor to write a letter of authentication for my college years.

Guest hantsfamily1

Hi,

Like the other guys have said, no matter how trivial things seem write all details about training, who trained you, what tools you used and when you were taught.

Include as many references as you can from customers, clients, employers, anywhere you may have held accounts for materials etc.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest pleasant jo
HI

My partner and I have decieded at last to make the move to Perth.I am going to try to do it without an agent, but im stuck at the first hurdle :roll: . I have dowm loaded a TRA form and there seems a lot on there that does not apply to us. My partner john is a chippie who gained his City & Guilds on a part time course while working in the trade.

If anyone can give me any advice I would be grateful.

Thanks Shell

Hi ,I too am a chippy and thinking about applying to the TRA. i will be very gratefull if you let me know how you get on, and how much detail you sent them. I could supply certyificates & references but will struggle a bit to supply recent wage packets. As i now work in a different job and only do the chipping part time.(may need to quit my good job to update my skills ,But dont want too. any ideas?)

my advice is to use an agent, i know at first it seems to be a big expence but we tried to do it ourselves and was told by a friend that the amount of information they need is unbeleivable. i had to get all new references done because my original ones were not detailed enough, i ended up writing a twelve page essay on how i would build a small extension, with one page explaining how to put a perp on abrick, unbeleivable. our agent helped so much by sending loads of examples of what to do. we are so keen to go to oz that the money (however expensive it may be) we would have to pay the agent was not important, as long as we got the results we needed to get to oz, without delaying things by getting forms and applications wrong. plus our agent is also a lawyer and can authourize my documents.

hope the info helps good luck gazza

• 3 weeks later...
Guest brinny

Hi Shell,

We are also moving to Perth, and my partner is a chippie. We did use an agent who helped with the whole TRA, to be honest that was the hardest part. Anyway just to let you know the statutory declaration was a 7 page typed declaration, and it incuded everywhere my partner did, what jobs he did, explained what the job involves, the course work and the qualification, put everything, every company he worked for, which company will be providing references, what tools he used for all the jobs, every little detail you can think off, really it a life history whilst being a chippie.

Hope that helps

Guest devilishdeans

I obtained my TRA without a agent and passed first time. You just need to be very specific about your work history. Someone on another forum posted me all the info there agent sent them. I found this to be extremly useful. If you send me your Email address I dont mind forwarding it on to you :D:D:D

Thankyou everyone :D

it really is a great to know that there are so many people who are ready to help. This has to be one of the hardest things to do, not only all the paperwork but the emotional side as well. Knowing there are others who have been or who are going through the same is such a support.

Many thanks Shell :D:D

Archived