Just had offer for the house !!!!!

Guest Karen K

we are similar, we need to get at least £155K for our house, that will give us around £25k to play with, but if we loose 10% although £15k might not be much to some it would be the difference between us going and us not going. I think we have been lucky where we are that the houses didnt go sky high as they seem to have down south (my Aunt sold a house similar to our for over £300K!!!! and we live in a nicer area) but its still worrying when its all you read.

Mouseprice.net

Its really informative, it gives you the actual prices as linked to the land registry and will give you an approximate value on your house from your postcode (although my neighbours house has just gone up for sale and its up for 20K more than mouseprice value but think they just go by an average), it also has details of how much the houses sold for in the last 10 years so you can see how much the prices have changed. You get a monthly newsletter too with all landregistry info on it, so you can see what is really going on with sales rather than what the papers are saying

How do you get mouse price to alter details on your property as it lists mine as a 2 bed but even when I bought it nearly 10 years ago it was a 3 bed ....... any advice would be greatly appreciated

Guest guest30085
Nationwide reports house prices still going up uk

Kirk, even with your endless optimism, this thread is from 2008, I think there has been a bit of a change in house prices since then ...;)

Archived