Just had offer for the house !!!!!

Guest Karen K

Guest Karen K

Hi Guys, AE just rang to say we have had an offer for our house at 10% lower than the asking price...............thats 50K.............we said NO CHANCE. Apprently there are AE going around telling there clients that if all house sellers drop buy 10% then the houseing market will start up again...............i bet it bloody well will...........but we are not giving our house away, i just want to scream:arghh:. Anyway on the positive side we have viewer on Monday (his second visit) so fingers crossed he will make a decent offer. Right thats enough from me going back outside to top up the tan:wubclub:

What is the answer? It's all stale at the mo.

At least you are having viewers. It's a step in the right direction! A long step maybe!

I hope that viewer on Monday is a cash buyer who has no idea about the credit crunch and puts in an offer on the spot.

Good luck,

Kate

Guest Karen K

The viewer coming Monday told my AE they dont have to sell there house to buy ours, the AE said he has heard this before but until he has proof never believes what people say, BUT he says on that point they dont usually come back for a second viewing if they dont have means to buy. However they could be looking for a bargin????? and i am still not prepared to give my house away......plus we need every penny for Perth as house prices are going UP there at a fast rate:0 XX

Hi Karen

Just wanted to wish you good luck for Monday's viewing, keep my fingers crossed for you.

As for the other viewers, I would tell them where to stick their offer, 10% off asking price, would they drop by that much, somehow I think not.

Debbie

xx

Guest gothicqueen

this is what we are dreading too, if the prices drop any more, but Im registered with mouseprice on the internet which is linked to the land regiistry and I had an email yesterday with last months figures on and it said that contrary to the belief that prices are falling they have actuall risen by 1.8%, but there are less houses being sold, I personally think if the press left it alone and stopped harping on about it people would carry on as normal, its the scare mongering that is putting people off.

By the way what is 'AE'

Guest gothicqueen

ah I was racking my brains to work it out, all I could think of was 'Ethel Austins' (cheapo clothes shop) LOL

It is Saturday evening afterall....................!

this is what we are dreading too, if the prices drop any more, but Im registered with mouseprice on the internet which is linked to the land regiistry and I had an email yesterday with last months figures on and it said that contrary to the belief that prices are falling they have actuall risen by 1.8%, but there are less houses being sold, I personally think if the press left it alone and stopped harping on about it people would carry on as normal, its the scare mongering that is putting people off.

By the way what is 'AE'

You are so right, we all know never trust an estate agent! I remember the first time the housing market crashed in 1990 we ended up with negative equity the difference was the interest rates were over twice what they are now so I think you are right all we here from morning (gmtv) until evenng is credit crunch! I am on the lower end of the housing market so really mine doesnt have far to go down :biglaugh: something to be said for being broke!!!

Guest gothicqueen
You are so right, we all know never trust an estate agent! I remember the first time the housing market crashed in 1990 we ended up with negative equity the difference was the interest rates were over twice what they are now so I think you are right all we here from morning (gmtv) until evenng is credit crunch! I am on the lower end of the housing market so really mine doesnt have far to go down :biglaugh: something to be said for being broke!!!

we are similar, we need to get at least £155K for our house, that will give us around £25k to play with, but if we loose 10% although £15k might not be much to some it would be the difference between us going and us not going. I think we have been lucky where we are that the houses didnt go sky high as they seem to have down south (my Aunt sold a house similar to our for over £300K!!!! and we live in a nicer area) but its still worrying when its all you read.

Mouseprice.net

Its really informative, it gives you the actual prices as linked to the land registry and will give you an approximate value on your house from your postcode (although my neighbours house has just gone up for sale and its up for 20K more than mouseprice value but think they just go by an average), it also has details of how much the houses sold for in the last 10 years so you can see how much the prices have changed. You get a monthly newsletter too with all landregistry info on it, so you can see what is really going on with sales rather than what the papers are saying

Guest Pinhead

Just found this on BBC, why wasn't this a headline on the news!

House prices 'unchanged in May'

_44784249_letboards_226_bbc.jpg Mortgage lending is at a record low, recent figures showed

House prices in England and Wales were unchanged in May and up 1.8% over the year, the Land Registry says.

But it said that sales volumes during March were half of the number of March 2007, at 53,080.

The figures, which are based on completed property sales, come after sharp falls in house prices were reported by the UK's major lenders.

The Registry said annual price growth fell for the ninth month running. The average cost of a home was £183,266.

Price changes

The data shows that London has the biggest year-on-year growth in property prices - up 6.9%.

There were also rises in prices in the East Midlands, the East, Yorkshire and Humber, the South East and the North West.

But average prices fell over the last 12 months in the North East, South West, Wales and the West Midlands.

At a more local level, Monmouthshire saw the highest annual price growth in May - at 6.9%, whereas in Ceredigion prices fell the most, by 7%.

Following the trend?

The figures painted a far more rosy picture for homeowners than lenders' data for the whole of the UK during the same month.

_44566481_salesigns226b.jpg A series of house price reports will be published in the coming days

The Land Registry figures are based on completed sales across all lenders, unlike Halifax and Nationwide surveys which are based on an earlier stage in the buying process - when the price is agreed after a survey by their mortgage customers.

According to Halifax, UK house prices dropped by 2.4% in May, which pushed prices 3.8% lower than a year before.

Halifax, which is Britain's biggest mortgage lender, has since predicted that UK house prices would drop by 9% this year, a more severe fall than its previous forecast.

The Nationwide building society reported a 2.5% fall in house prices during May.

The surveys, and other research, all show a significant fall in the volume of house sales.

The Land Registry said there were an average of 61,950 transactions per month from December to March, down from the same period a year earlier when the average stood at 100,693.

The number of properties sold in England and Wales has dropped by about half from March 2007 to March 2008 across all price ranges.

This includes the £1m-plus bracket, with 646 luxury homes sold in March 2007, but 357 sold in March 2008. Transactions have collapsed in the wake of the international credit crunch, as banks and other lenders found it very difficult to raise mortgage funds on the financial markets. Earlier this week HM Revenue and Customs said the number of UK property sales had fallen by 32% this year.

Guest gothicqueen

because they dont want us all to go phew.... lifes not so bad

that doesnt sell papers................

Guest gothicqueen

Im thinking I need to sell a kidney just to pay the bloody fees, thats without the moving fees

Guest Karen K

Thanks gothicqueen will look at mousetrap........sorry about the AE but you did make me laugh thinking i was talking about Ethel Austin.....i have this problem with typing to fast and not checking what i have typed :) xx Where do you live in Manchester, i spent most of my teenage years in Bury.

Guest gothicqueen

LOL I dont know why Ethel austen, cos that would be EA aswell, but everytime I read it, thats what I thought of....... I need to sleep I think

I live in Audenshaw, which is near Ashton Under Lyne, Bury and Southampton are almost as far away as Bury and Australia! LOL

Guest Karen K
Im thinking I need to sell a kidney just to pay the bloody fees, thats without the moving fees

I have just spent the past 1 1/2 hours looking at the prices of my friends and neighbours houses on mouseprice.com. Naughty or what. But please as our valuation . I even checked out the first viewers house, which funny enough was valued 50k too high, therefore by dropping 50k they haven't really lost out according to mouseprice........do you get what i am saying because i am so blonde i am confusing myself LOLOLOLOLOL.

Guest Karen K
LOL I dont know why Ethel austen, cos that would be EA aswell, but everytime I read it, thats what I thought of....... I need to sleep I think

I live in Audenshaw, which is near Ashton Under Lyne, Bury and Southampton are almost as far away as Bury and Australia! LOL

LOL yes i always said i would keep going south and never come back up north too bloody cold. Never heard of Audenshaw, but it must be a nice place if you live there creep creep. Hope you find kitty soon, dont give up hope XX:)

Guest gothicqueen
I have just spent the past 1 1/2 hours looking at the prices of my friends and neighbours houses on mouseprice.com. Naughty or what. But please as our valuation . I even checked out the first viewers house, which funny enough was valued 50k too high, therefore by dropping 50k they haven't really lost out according to mouseprice........do you get what i am saying because i am so blonde i am confusing myself LOLOLOLOLOL.

I know it is addictive isnt it? :biglaugh: I keep looking at every avenue near us to see what everything is worth, but i think they may undervalue the houses abit, on their valuation, not sure where they got there figures from,

Guest gothicqueen
LOL yes i always said i would keep going south and never come back up north too bloody cold. Never heard of Audenshaw, but it must be a nice place if you live there creep creep. Hope you find kitty soon, dont give up hope XX:)

LOL carry on creeping I need it today, really down about Oli, cant believe a little furry thing can make me feel so bad............... he is so going to get his legs smacked and be grounded for life when he comes home

Guest gothicqueen

weve not put it up yet, Im hasseling my husband to get the jobs finished, and Im imagining the pounds falling off the house by the day!!!! but they do stillseem to be selling, 2 have just gone in the last week or so on the estate, and there is about 4 more up for sale, just need to give him the final kick up the backside to finish the kitchen and bathroom off (only been waiting 4 years to finally have my whirlpool bath connected..... typical now we are going to be moving it will work LOL)

Where abouts are you in Tameside?

We are near Audenshaw grammer school, on the Roker Park estate

Hollingworth, near Glossop...

We were umming and ahhhing about putting it up. I wish we had done it sooner. Viewings are slow. All the ethel austins that have been round tell us first in will buy...but trouble is getting them in coz we live on a main road.

We've also been updating too!! Still are...first viewer (only one) loved it, but, its a buyers market with lots of choice. So keeping my fingers crossed.

A friend of a friend who lived in Denton ended up selling to one of the "cash now" companies for rock bottom after being up for sale fo 12 months.

Get it up!!!! ( the house that its :spinny:)

Brissie vega this year hopefully!!

Guest gothicqueen

I know I have said to him that we should get it up and finish the bathroom while its on the market, he thinks as soon as its up for sale we will be inundated with cash buyers all clammoring to get their sticky paws on our house!!!!! Ah to be so niave!!!!!!!

Im originally from hadfield....... yes I am local!

Hollingworth is a nice area though with good schools so just a matter of time isnt it, how long have you been up for sale?

We are fortunate that we dont want to go to Australia until July/August next year and have only just started with the visa app (passed TRA last month) so not much urgency in selling, although it would probably be cheaper to rent at the mo than what we pay for the mortgage

lol...where in Hadfield?? Im 37 do i know you? you my era????

Personally if i were you (and i wish i had done this) I would get it up and get it sold and rent...then nowt is stopping you.

Hoping that golden ticket will arrive soon.

Pm me...rather than hijacking this thread

Bex

x

Archived