Bridging Visa A to Bridging visa B?

annagilda

Hi lovely gang. Hope you're well.

I have a quick question with regards to bridging visas. 

I'm on a Bridging visa A currently, while a decision is made on my substantive 489. 

I'd really like to go home for Christmas if at all possible, but I don't want to do anything that may jeopardise my application for my 489.

I'm wondering if I were to apply for a bridging visa B in a few weeks, do you think it would be ok? I read on the immi website, that they may place restrictions on my ability to work if I apply for a bridging B. I currently work for the Tasmanian Health Service and I can't not be able to work. So, if that's the case, I won't go home and I'll just stick it out until I have a decision on my 489. 

Thanks a million.  

8 hours ago, annagilda said:

Hi lovely gang. Hope you're well.

I have a quick question with regards to bridging visas. 

I'm on a Bridging visa A currently, while a decision is made on my substantive 489. 

I'd really like to go home for Christmas if at all possible, but I don't want to do anything that may jeopardise my application for my 489.

I'm wondering if I were to apply for a bridging visa B in a few weeks, do you think it would be ok? I read on the immi website, that they may place restrictions on my ability to work if I apply for a bridging B. I currently work for the Tasmanian Health Service and I can't not be able to work. So, if that's the case, I won't go home and I'll just stick it out until I have a decision on my 489. 

Thanks a million.  

A bridging visa B doesn't affect your ability to work, it just allows you to travel and return to oz.