register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Dec_Win

Unsure of status for WHV

Hi

I'm in a bit of an awkward situation and unsure of my options (If any)

March 7th of 2014 I arrived in Sydney Australia having applied for a WHV online and paying (X) amount of dollars. 

My plan, like most individuals was to stay for 1 year and undertake my agricultural work for my 2nd year visa.

However, 40 days after my initial entry I had to leave due to personal reasons. For the 40 days I spent in Australia, I never applied for any jobs.

Another concern of mine, when I entered the country I was never questioned about the purpose of my visit, just the entry stamp and I was sent on my way. Similar story when i left, minus the stamp. Is this normal procedure? I have had visa's in other countries and the process is totally different, you also lose a whole page in your passport for the visa. 

3 years on I am now looking at my possibilities, hoping Australia is still an option but not too confident. 

Any feedback/information will be greatly appreciated. 

Declan

Moneycorp

Moneycorp

Afaik you've used your WHV and there is no getting a second one without the 3 months regional work.

I did feel that was the case, thank you for your response Snifter.

On another forum somebody recommended I contact Aussie Immigration... Do you believe that to be a waste of time?

Thanks.

You had your visa granted, you went to Australia and validated the visa by entering the country. You had a year on it from that date. You left after 40 days.

I don't rate your chances no, but if you want to give it a go, feel free. Its your call.

visa stamps are irrelevant. In fact now even permanent residents font get the visa ib their passport

The 417 is a once in a lifetime visa so you will not be eligible again. You can gain a tourist visa, but with no work rights.