Shipping some boxes several years later? UK to Aus

CaptainR

I'm back in the UK at the moment and clearing out some items from my childhood and found some of the train sets and models that I would love to give to my son, is there any customs and duty issues shipping stuff from myself in the UK to Oz several years after becoming permanent residents? Would it make a difference after we got citizenship? 
 Any suggestions for a way to ship 2 or 3 boxes, costs and recommended companies? I'm heading back to Oz within the next two weeks so would like to get these sorted out. 

I have done that before with Anglo Pacific.  I went home for a bit and brought more toys, clothes, household stuff etc that I left in Scotland.  They dropped of 4 boxes a few days before, I packed them and just did the same as I did when we first came over, not itemising everything but just putting, toys, clothes, kitchen equipment etc on the boxes and they came back and picked them up.  Think it cost just around 100gbp per box but that was a few years ago.

• 1 month later...
On 21/09/2017 at 00:59, CaptainR said:

I'm back in the UK at the moment and clearing out some items from my childhood and found some of the train sets and models that I would love to give to my son, is there any customs and duty issues shipping stuff from myself in the UK to Oz several years after becoming permanent residents? Would it make a difference after we got citizenship? 
 Any suggestions for a way to ship 2 or 3 boxes, costs and recommended companies? I'm heading back to Oz within the next two weeks so would like to get these sorted out. 

Hi Captain R

What did you decide to do in the end?  Who did you go with and how much did it cost?  I am now in the same position of going back to the UK to do a final clearout of my things.  Any advice much appreciated.  

Thanks 

5 hours ago, Peachy said:

Hi Captain R

What did you decide to do in the end?  Who did you go with and how much did it cost?  I am now in the same position of going back to the UK to do a final clearout of my things.  Any advice much appreciated.  

Thanks 

I've used Sevenseasworldwide, they offered a very clear price online and incredibly flexible and easy process for sending boxes. Everything is done online and the boxes are sent out then you just confirm a collection date. The price seems reasonable and they are scheduled to arrive early next month.